Cultivated Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Meh.... I've never really tried to have a "TOTM".... but, it would be cool.

Once you run a skimmer, and see all the junk they pull out of the water,

You know exactly why everyone needs one.

I think it would be cool, my tank has a lonnngggggg way to go before it could be worthy.

Totally on the skimmer, knowing what it takes out, I couldn't leave it in :eek:

YOU GOT A PURPLE LOBSTER! :lol:

I love them lol loved that vid had me going OH no! Then okay, LOL and the music on the update, from American Beauty "the most beautiful thing I've ever seen" And it's a flying plastic bag LOL.

Looks great Joel, can't wait till you get your special fishie!

I did get a lobster :) when I saw him I had to have him. The double edge is now I can't keep shrimp. I'm not worried about the hermits and snails as they have protection but I'm not going to buy my lobster a $20 treat :P I'm really hoping he continues to behave. They said over 6 months he never bothered a fish or CUC. They even had him with some Coral Banded Shrimp so maybe it's a possibility.

Good ear on the music! It's a remix of that :) I have this three cd set of chill house music, it's really relaxing.

Special fishie can't wait for me either, he wrote me a letter and poked me on Facebook.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no luck with inverts, I had $10 store credit that was expiring the 15th, and it was the only thing they had that I liked. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping this guy is going to do well. He's pretty reclusive now so I'm hoping over time he becomes more outgoing.

Yeah he is a lobster, he may hide a bit anyways as they do that in the wild too, you find them under ledges and whatnot.

He is cool looking though!

Haha that should be the running joke, shouldn't it? :lol: he's cute, he reminds me of a crotchety old man. I'm just really happy the first meeting between two went well, my YTD picked at my peppermint shrimp so I'm glad that's not happening.

I will be so happy if I wake up tomorrow to a notification from LA that it's in stock. But occ clowns are out of stock so my other things are questionable.

To those of you who know what the :ninja: fish is, do you think a flame angel would be too conspecific and fight with it? My other options are some kind of wrasse I guess. I don't know anymore lol.

Thanks for the compliment :)

Haha,

I mean in the dgaf attitude he does it with, not that he's doing it.

This is strangely one of the related videos to my latest update :huh:

Haha,

I mean in the dgaf attitude he does it with, not that he's doing it.

This is strangely one of the related videos to my latest update :huh:

Makes me lol every time

Makes me lol every time

I know right? :lol:

Okay ... it is offical in a way. I have made the thread, well kinda.

Commented and hopefully helpful :)

Your tank looks great, Joel! Such a peaceful place :)

I didn't see van gogh poop! I think his little home is fantastic! He must be sooo fun to watch!

You MUST get a flame angel. That would be super awesome in your tank. I don't think there would be any conflict with your "secret" fish :) You can do that compatability chart on LA too, to see what they say.

I can't wait for more fish!!!!

Your tank looks great, Joel! Such a peaceful place :)

I didn't see van gogh poop! I think his little home is fantastic! He must be sooo fun to watch!

You MUST get a flame angel. That would be super awesome in your tank. I don't think there would be any conflict with your "secret" fish :) You can do that compatability chart on LA too, to see what they say.

I can't wait for more fish!!!!

Thank you, Gena! :) I can't wait to see when you make a video (cough cough)

Watch it again then! It's funny :P he likes his home well enough I think. He found it about 5 minutes into being in the 20 and has never left. In fact, in the transfer I just picked up his rock with him in it (careful to keep water covering his hole) and moved him over. He's probably my most favorite fish I've ever had!

I'm strongly considering a flame, as you remember it was one of my first picks. I know on paper they will get along, I just want to make sure their colorations aren't going to cause problems. I guess that's the cichlid keeper in me :lol: in that arena if the females or males of two species look alike it's a terrible idea to keep them together.

Yeah I think you'll be fine, their patterns are so different you shouldn't have an issue! ;)

Go for it! You get the Angel so I can see pics of one in someone's tank as I decided on the Midas Blenny.

I think it would be awesome if you played some Jaws music when he showed up like the "da da, da da, da da da!" Noise that comes on right before he eats someone! LOL

Love the grumpy face, the clowns have them too the grumpy look to them and it cracks me up.

Vid was not too long, just right! :P

Okay, I'll chew on it then. My biggest concern is the coral nipping. I'm not concerned with my lobster as he's had 6 months of good behavior. The other option is a frog spawn and a clown pair and lose the filefish too (same reasoning as the flame). Then pay a ridiculous amount for a tiny slug that will eat aiptasia. There's a fairy wrasse pair on DD but I'm not holding my breath for it to still be in stock when :ninja: comes in.

I think I found a good sound effect for the lobster :)

I love the grumpy face! With the white around his mouth it looks like a white beard. My grumpy old man who sits on his porch yelling at the kids!

I'm glad the video kept your attention! I was really worried :P

Very. So this explains your 4am fb posts? :lol:

I'm going to go buy some phyto and zoo sometime this week. I'm pretty sure PSP has them, if not I'll text Tia (I don't think that's how she spells her name) and see what WLP has.

LOL from what I have heard as long as you keep them fed your fine.

I really wanted one but hey a mated pair of clowns (yep mine are def paired now, just haven't laid anything as their still babies) is cool to watch too.

Eek! I want to see :ninja: fish so bad!

How about just all of the above? I'll just buy all the fish. :lol: I'm sure whatever fish I get will be a game time decision.

Here's a question for everyone, why in this world do I have a surface film? I have 1400gph circulating through this thing. Both the return and the powerhead at aimed at the surface and the surface agitation is so much at the point the return comes back into the aquarium the water is actually rising above the height of the aquarium:

Cg8bv.jpg

I have a huge surface skimmer. My protein skimmer skims ~15oz a week. I change the water weekly. I've not fed the tank in 2 weeks, and all live stock is alive and accounted for. But yet I still have this:

NvjXb.jpg

What gives?

Archived