Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Let's go to King's Island.

Absolutely!

Glad to hear things are going well for ya! We sure miss you here.

Once you start your practice, no one cares where you got your degree from!

I miss being on here too, life just isn't letting me get on here as much! That's true too, nku has an awesome rep in the Cincinnati area so it's actually a better school rep than NESL and Suffolk.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Joel?

:unsure:

i hope he's still alive!

Hey, Jacob! I'm still alive! Just busy. Stand by for update.

He is. I just had a ninja post from him in my thread this past week!!!! He's busy with grad school.

:ninja:

Okay, big news, the tank came down.

I sold most of the stuff, but the guy that was supposed to buy some stuff backed out at the last minute so I am left with some temporary digs until I sell them to a pet store or something:

iM6SW.jpg

Not a bad looking tank for a temporary tank if I say so myself. :D

Also, Fred, being awesome:

D7Ocs.jpg

:(

Are you saving the mangroves and Fred for your mangrove tank you've wanted? sad to see it go, but at least you're alive.

You should also buy yourself some salami. :lol:

YOU DID WHAT!!!! :tears: I am so sad, my day has now halted.
Don't be sad! :)
Are you a lawyer yet????Fred looks huge!Hope you had a nice holiday!!
Yeah he has grown quite a bit. My Christmas was great! And yours?
:(Are you saving the mangroves and Fred for your mangrove tank you've wanted? sad to see it go, but at least you're alive.You should also buy yourself some salami. :lol:
I will make up my mind tomorrow. I might buy a new 10 gallon.And I did buy some. It's really good haha.
Hey, hey, hey!!!! Why not just pack that little beauty up and take it back to school with you, after the break???? It looks fantastic ;)
I'm thinking about it. Just don't know about the time commitment is all. I agree it's a beauty. It turned out really well and I love the bare bottom look.

I also hate this new layout of the site. I'm sure it will be better when I get used to it, I'm just not familiar with it.

• Like 1

Joel! Glad to see you're alive! I'm sad to see the tank go, but you should keep that cute little temporary tank. It looks like it'll be relatively low maintenance.

Joel! Glad to see you're alive! I'm sad to see the tank go, but you should keep that cute little temporary tank. It looks like it'll be relatively low maintenance.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want to keep it. :) I think I've convinced myself.

• Like 3

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want to keep it. :) I think I've convinced myself.

:happydance:

Just do really easy coral (mushrooms, etc). That way if you miss a few water changes....it's no biggie.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Just thought I would drop by and update people on what I've been doing.

Since law school demands lots of time and money, I went with a planted tank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQ3D8iFJYQ'>Here is my new 40 Gallon Breeder.

It's got a school of x-ray tetras, rummynose tetras, neon tetras, and oto cats. In addition to that there's a soon-to-be-mated pair of convict cichlids and a colony of red cherry shrimp in the sump. Plants include marimo moss, dwarf baby tears, dwarf hair grass, a mystery sword, and telanthera cardinalis.

Basically same set up as the reef but only using one light, no powerheads, and no protein skimmer. Been up since september/october.

Thanks for stopping by!

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would drop by and update people on what I've been doing.

Since law school demands lots of time and money, I went with a planted tank.

It's got a school of x-ray tetras, rummynose tetras, neon tetras, and oto cats. In addition to that there's a soon-to-be-mated pair of convict cichlids and a colony of red cherry shrimp in the sump. Plants include marimo moss, dwarf baby tears, dwarf hair grass, a mystery sword, and telanthera cardinalis.

Basically same set up as the reef but only using one light, no powerheads, and no protein skimmer. Been up since september/october.

Thanks for stopping by!

I totally missed that you stopped by! I hope law school is going well. I'm sad that you don't have a reef tank right now, but that's a nice looking tank for FW. Very zen!

• 1 year later...

Checking in. Still no saltwater, but I am a lawyer and have a job now so it's just a matter of finding a house and setting up a new tank. I will start a new thread when that happens.

Checking in. Still no saltwater, but I am a lawyer and have a job now so it's just a matter of finding a house and setting up a new tank. I will start a new thread when that happens.

WHAT?! I just saw your thread pop up in my recently updated followed threads and was like what on earth? Glad to hear you're thinking about setting up a new tank! :D

Archived