Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

That's fantastic!!!!! I'm so glad Cape Horn will continue on :happy:

I think you will really miss being around a tank though. I totally understand your wanting to not have to worry about it during school though. Should we take bets on whether or not Joel starts a pico, once he gets to school????? :lol:

Hahahaha Gena +1, he won't stay away :P

Joel, you're lucky your parents are willing to take care of it! My mom would be too afraid to kill it. I hope you can post pics when you go home to visit occasionally, I'm really stoked to see how things grow out!

Anybody wanna take bets if Joel will have a tank @ school??? I know where my money is. :)

You all forget that I had a reef for almost 7 years before college and gave it up for undergrad without missing it. :lol: I tried to have a freshwater tank my sophomore year and spring break killed it. When you're in school there's just so much other stuff to do and I don't want to worry about what to do with it when I go home for any amount of time, or if I find a better apartment and want to move.

I'm not saying I won't have a tank, I'm just saying that I'm not planning on it. ;)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The older you get, the stronger the hold this hobby takes on you...from my experience :happy:

I'll be very surprised if you make it through grad school without a tank at your side...just saying :) A pico would be very easy to relocate as needed...assuming you stick with super easy coral. Personally, I would go stricly mushroom tank with sexy shrimp, no fish. Doesn't that sound nice? ;)

The older you get, the stronger the hold this hobby takes on you...from my experience :happy:

I'll be very surprised if you make it through grad school without a tank at your side...just saying :) A pico would be very easy to relocate as needed...assuming you stick with super easy coral. Personally, I would go stricly mushroom tank with sexy shrimp, no fish. Doesn't that sound nice? ;)

Oh I definitely know that I am not done with reefing. I just know things will be different and I don't want to plan on it. I also don't want to spend money on an expensive hobby while at a school I'll be taking on ~100k in debt. :lol: I have some frugal years ahead of me.

If I did a tank, it would be something like all montipora (taken from this tank and then frags traded for other montis) and a pair of neon gobies or a pair of cleaner shrimp. I keep coming back to the goby tank with Montiporas and Chalices. But that's down the road.

Speaking of Montiporas, my rainbow is coloring up and growing at an astonishing rate, I took note yesterday, it's grown 2mm is all directions in 24 hours. :o

Considering it started all orange where his frag was, and I am not going to touch mine for 3 years, I have high hopes for mine. It's a very awesome colony, thanks for sharing that video.

Anybody wanna take bets if Joel will have a tank @ school??? I know where my money is. :)

I will!

Can we choose how long it takes him before the addiction is too much and he breaks down and gets a BC?

Good to know you will still be around! If all else fails I have you on FB and drawsomething!

;)

So have you made a final decision on the school then?

I will!

Can we choose how long it takes him before the addiction is too much and he breaks down and gets a BC?

Good to know you will still be around! If all else fails I have you on FB and drawsomething!

o have you made a final decision on the school then?

I will most certainly not buy a BC. It's not that I don't like the look, but I don't like how hard it is to modify it. I like the customizability of other tanks. If I go pico it will be an ADA or a PicO Aquarium.

It's 80% set on NESL. I have to wait until I hear from OSU to be certain. If I get in, it will be hard to not go to OSU even though I like Boston a lot more than Columbus.

I will most certainly not by a BC. It's not that I don't like the look, but I don't like how hard it is to modify it. I like the customizability of other tanks. If I go pico it will be an ADA or a PicO Aquarium.

It's 80% set on NESL. I have to wait until I hear from OSU to be certain. If I get in, it will be hard to not go to OSU even though I like Boston a lot more than Columbus.

HAHA I was JK re the BC, I would go Pico FTW as Trons tank is as awesome in person as it is in the pics.

Nice! Look at you go! One of these days I am going to get some Vacation time and would like to meet the peeps located in the NE as we have family on North Carolina, would be so fun to meet everyone in person!

Keep in Mind that when this Green monti grows a bit more I am sending you a frag and Mangroves as well hopefully in the next Month. I am planning on 15 for my SUMP so you have 15 headed your way all at the Low Low price of near nothing for me as they grow local. Find a home for them! ;)

Woo, that's awesome. That green monti is sick. What about that lepestra (sp?) or are you going to take that to the frag swap?

I'll make some room and I also know someone who wants some.

Woo, that's awesome. That green monti is sick. What about that lepestra (sp?) or are you going to take that to the frag swap?

I'll make some room and I also know someone who wants some.

You want it? I will send it with the Mangroves!

The Monti will be a few more months but you can have the other one!

I am in no rush. :) just send me whatever, I'm grateful for any freebies that aren't fish disease. :lol:

Totally understand!

Will do! I will send you a PM for the Addy when I have them ready to go! I am getting the 40B this weekend and Hopefully will finish the Stand next weekend so I can move the tank. Then everything I didn't want to keep is gone, and I am starting the FUGE then!

All my plans are coming together! :happy: Man I hope I can get pics with all the Vendors this weekend! Would be so cool! :D

Jacob042426
Wazzup?

I'm playing nba 2k11 and got Derek fisher and Andre miller up to 98 overall on the same team in an association.

I'm playing nba 2k11 and got Derek fisher and Andre miller up to 98 overall on the same team in an association.

English is also except able....

Archived