Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

that is a serious bbq! oh man when i get the house i want one like that. i always throw a big bbq party every year.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that is a serious bbq! oh man when i get the house i want one like that. i always throw a big bbq party every year.

Thanks man! I'm getting ready to go get some mad ingredients. Couldn't make up my mind so were doing: Italian chicken, honey mustard chicken, bacon wrapped chicken, and bacon/gouda stuffed burgers.

Thanks man! I'm getting ready to go get some mad ingredients. Couldn't make up my mind so were doing: Italian chicken, honey mustard chicken, bacon wrapped chicken, and bacon/gouda stuffed burgers.

Damn sounds good! Wish you were closer so we could come crash your BBQ. ;)

Well, I'm a narcissist so it's easy to just remind myself how I'll look by summer and how much I want to fix it before I "start over" at law school in a new place. :lol: also having my shirt off has been something I've been self conscious about for a long time and I figured it was a perfect time to fix it.

Seriously though, all you need to do is motivate yourself for about a week and then it's cake. Once you're in the rhythm of working out you start to feel better and when you stop your body almost craves it. Plus you'll get addicted to watching the scale and seeing the results.

The two best things you can do are get "myfitnesspal" for your phone, it's a free calorie counter, exercise, weight, and measurement logger. The other is portion control, you don't necessarily need to eat better, just less. Eating better helps get results faster but IME I'm losing ~2lb a week and I still eat fast food a 2-3 times a week, I just do it on days I work out and mind the amount of food I get. With that in mind, the Spicy Chicken Guacamole Club from Wendy's is *amazing* it's new on the menu and everyone should try it.

Thank you good sir! I will check out that app. The hard part is not making my own food, either my mom or my boyfriend's parents cook my dinners. I can't wait to get my own place.. Ugh. I'll work on portion control... Even though I usually don't eat that much anyway, my boyfriend makes fun of me cuz I never finish my plate!

Damn sounds good! Wish you were closer so we could come crash your BBQ. ;)

If you were close you would be more than welcome. :)

Thank you good sir! I will check out that app. The hard part is not making my own food, either my mom or my boyfriend's parents cook my dinners. I can't wait to get my own place.. Ugh. I'll work on portion control... Even though I usually don't eat that much anyway, my boyfriend makes fun of me cuz I never finish my plate!

There's no reason healthy food is has to taste bad. :) show them some recipes and say you want to try it. Don't mention that they are low cal if you think it would offend them!

----------

Pictures, as promised, but a day late!

FTS:

vNsHI.jpg

Monti group:

swUMX.jpg

Rainbow monti, the areas where the polyps are spread out are all new growth, it's more than doubled in size!

ygNvE.jpg

I love when my zoas morph. :) notice the whamming watermelon/eagle eye whatever in the center of the photo with a neon green mouth as opposed to the others:

YAjE0.jpg

In other news, got a emerald crab, he's kind of cool, hope he eats bubble algae. :)

YAY your rainbow monti looks so good!!! And that one zoa is pretty nifty too :)

Thanks. :) now it just needs some color. How's yours?

Nice! Your Monti's are happy! See you got the SPS on lock! ;)

Meh, it's okay, I wouldn't say I have them on lock by any means lol.

Here's my emerald:

4bHkm.jpg

colormyheart

My emerald crab is like a tank. It's scarily huge and creepy.

Joel, motivate me to lose weight, too! I lost 15 lbs in Italy, but I'm pretty sure I gained most of it back already. Mostly because my friend just had a nasty break up, and we emotionally ate crap together.

My emerald lives in my ac70.

Mine probably will do something stupid like that. :lol:

Mine is the same as always. I think it has grown a bit.

Send it to me, at the rate this one is going I can double it for you. :P I think it's growing faster than my gsp.

My emerald crab is like a tank. It's scarily huge and creepy.

Joel, motivate me to lose weight, too! I lost 15 lbs in Italy, but I'm pretty sure I gained most of it back already. Mostly because my friend just had a nasty break up, and we emotionally ate crap together.

Blue, if you gain one more pound I will fly out there and break everything you love. Motivated enough? :P

colormyheart
Blue, if you gain one more pound I will fly out there and break everything you love. Motivated enough? :P

:lol: Oh Joel, you should be my adopted big brother.

:lol: Oh Joel, you should be my adopted big brother.

I always wanted a 15 year old sister I've never seen in person!

No pictures of your BBQ creations????? I'm disappointed :lol:

I burned them a little and they weren't photogenic. This grill heats up way faster than my old one, it took about a minute to preheat to 400 degrees. :eek: next time I'm going to cook for a shorter time and only use 2 of the burners and cook over indirect heat. They were pretty tasty though. :)

Man glad there isn't food pics on here.... I need to get lunch..... Well IDK if it is lunch anymore

Next time I want BBQ pics!

Did you try this recipe I had one Facebook?

I made it last night finally just on the stove top and without bread (less wheat for my diet, but I couldn't resist a little goat cheese). It was soo good.

Yay rainbow monti growth. I love the zoa morphs all together instead of just one mat of color. Looks like that leather is doing good on the horn? It looks better with something there.

Man glad there isn't food pics on here.... I need to get lunch..... Well IDK if it is lunch anymore

Next time I want BBQ pics!

When they are photo quality I will post them!

Did you try this recipe I had one Facebook?

I made it last night finally just on the stove top and without bread (less wheat for my diet, but I couldn't resist a little goat cheese). It was soo good.

Yay rainbow monti growth. I love the zoa morphs all together instead of just one mat of color. Looks like that leather is doing good on the horn? It looks better with something there.

I didn't, I ate a late lunch and didn't want to eat too much so I did a chicken breast of each Italian, honey mustard, and bacon wrapped. I think my entire dinner was 400 calories and I was so stuffed. I'm working out at the gym tonight while my mom does aquatic Zumba, I think I'm going to get a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Guacamole Club. Yummy. :)

I didn't, I ate a late lunch and didn't want to eat too much so I did a chicken breast of each Italian, honey mustard, and bacon wrapped. I think my entire dinner was 400 calories and I was so stuffed. I'm working out at the gym tonight while my mom does aquatic Zumba, I think I'm going to get a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Guacamole Club. Yummy. :)

Nice! I tried Zumba for my PS3 with Move and it sucked. Wendy's has a spicy chicken guacamole club?!?! I've stayed so far away from fast food. I have some avocados... maybe I'll try to recreate it :)

Nice! I tried Zumba for my PS3 with Move and it sucked. Wendy's has a spicy chicken guacamole club?!?! I've stayed so far away from fast food. I have some avocados... maybe I'll try to recreate it :)

I don't do that girl stuff. :lol: I do elliptical, arms, back, chest, and abs.

Just get the Wendy's one, it's only like 550 calories. It's sooooooo good. I rarely change up what I get but this thing is magical.

Ah, meh. Both you guys are girls. I just finished six greasy cheese enchiladas, beans, rice and big flour tortilla. I'll be off work in an hour and gonna get two Budweiser Cheladas (not the Budlite one's), do a few bicep curls with one in each hand and smoke few Marlboro 100 menthols.

Now that's what I call gettin in shape. :)

Archived