Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

surgicalsense

I love winter-time grilling :D

My Weber Q was the best investment I have made. It has the cast iron grilling surface, heavy as fudge and a pain to clean. But grills like a beast!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now thats a mans grill.

Damn straight. Can you believe it was only $250 too!? I paid for it in assembly time but for what you get it's amazing. It's at Sam's Club if anyone was in the market for one.

Joel...are you a grill master????

I'm a master of the limited things I can grill, but really I can only grill chicken, burgers, steak, certain cuts of pork, and some veggies. This grill has a charcoal/wood chip side so I'm going to expand into BBQ and smoking, ribs, and fish. Right now the only real technique I have is the typical high temp sear to seal the juices and then grill on a lower temp until done so I'd like to learn more about slow cooking. I might join a grill/BBQ forum and get some pointers.

I love winter-time grilling :D

My Weber Q was the best investment I have made. It has the cast iron grilling surface, heavy as fudge and a pain to clean. But grills like a beast!

Nice. :)

My parents think I have too many reptiles.

You do. :lol:

Real men use charcoal.

& wood chips.

That's the side I will be using the most, but I like gas too. I've not used infrared so that will be just a fun toy. What I'll probably do is sear the meat on the gas side and then learn how to smoke on the charcoal side. It's got a chimney and the manual said you can use it for smoking.

I didn't want to upset Hank though.

I try to have as many tiny, separate fires cooking my food as possible.

I like when you catch the food on fire, like when you blacken chicken sometimes. It's like you then eat the fire. What's more manly than delicious fire?

My parents have alergies, I think they are awesome.

Get a hypoallergenic dog like my bichon. They don't shed or have dander.

ive tryed to convice them but to no avail

It took a few years but my parents gave in. I think we got her when I was 14.

Propane & Propane accessories.

I tell you what. Dammit, bobby.

I bet your mom is happy you bought that thing :) It will give her a nice break!

She is, she's looking forward to it tomorrow. I think I'm going to make garlic burgers.

In "meh" news, me and the lady called things off. I knew it would happen, just thought it would have been right before she left.

Jacob042426

Essay #7..Miami Beach Law Day Essay Contest...Required..due March 27-28, 2012

“No Courts, No Justice, No Freedom”

Law Day 2012

Civics Essay #7

Our founding fathers recognized the importance of courts and an independent judicial system when writing the U.S. Constitution. Article III, amendments in the Bill of Rights, and landmark court decisions since the birth of our nation remain a cornerstone of justice for Americans and an example to the world. We have our rights protected, our injuries redressed and our disputes resolved. Whether a consumer or a corporation, a victim or an accused, a lender or a debtor, a parent or a child, the work of the courts affects our everyday life.

What if….

there were no funds to pay judges?

courts were closed 3 days a week?

there was no money to build courthouses or jails?

there were no lawyers available to defend those who could not afford to pay a lawyer?

there were no funds to teach Americans their constitutional protections?

Write to explain to your reader how significant the words, the concept and the actuality to establish justice remains to all levels of our society, and how budget cuts could affect the reality of this goal for all Americans.

:)

Lol, that essay is retarded.

If I was writing it I would go on a tirade, channeling John Locke, about liberty, the state of nature, and the concept that you should kill anyone who steals from you.

Ugh I need to get into working out. Just took my measurements for online shopping and I'm not super pleased. Joel, share your master skills of motivation.

It goes like this

Perfectly told through icons!

Ugh I need to get into working out. Just took my measurements for online shopping and I'm not super pleased. Joel, share your master skills of motivation.

Well, I'm a narcissist so it's easy to just remind myself how I'll look by summer and how much I want to fix it before I "start over" at law school in a new place. :lol: also having my shirt off has been something I've been self conscious about for a long time and I figured it was a perfect time to fix it.

Seriously though, all you need to do is motivate yourself for about a week and then it's cake. Once you're in the rhythm of working out you start to feel better and when you stop your body almost craves it. Plus you'll get addicted to watching the scale and seeing the results.

The two best things you can do are get "myfitnesspal" for your phone, it's a free calorie counter, exercise, weight, and measurement logger. The other is portion control, you don't necessarily need to eat better, just less. Eating better helps get results faster but IME I'm losing ~2lb a week and I still eat fast food a 2-3 times a week, I just do it on days I work out and mind the amount of food I get. With that in mind, the Spicy Chicken Guacamole Club from Wendy's is *amazing* it's new on the menu and everyone should try it.

Wow what a BBQ!

Thanks mark! If it gets your stamp of approval then I know it's a real grill. B)

So when you grillin' that big ass brisket?

Mine takes about 10-12 hours on a 22" Weber.

I got smoke rings for days.

So when you grillin' that big ass brisket?

Mine takes about 10-12 hours on a 22" Weber.

I got smoke rings for days.

Tonight I'm just going to do chicken. Maybe bacon stuffed/wrapped chicken. :lol:

My first "big boy" meal I'm going to tackle maybe this weekend (I've been reading up on it) will be full rack ribs that I'll cook for like 10-12 hours. I don't have experience with anything that needs to be grilled longer than 30 minutes so I have some learning ahead of me. Brisket is also on my list too, I just have to wade into the pool. B)

Grilling large chunks of meat for hours on end can be intimidating at first.

If you get a handle on the basics, which I'm sure you have, you can transfer those easily.

Select a good cut, read up on heat zones and temp. mgmt. and grab a few beers.

Grilling large chunks of meat for hours on end can be intimidating at first.

If you get a handle on the basics, which I'm sure you have, you can transfer those easily.

Select a good cut, read up on heat zones and temp. mgmt. and grab a few beers.

Thanks for the tips. B) I'm reading up on some stuff now, waiting for the grass to dry. I tried mowing yesterday but it clogged like every 5 minutes so I got stuck having to finish the front and sides so it didn't look retarded but the plan of action is to finish mowing, shower, go get some meat and start prepping for tonight.

Archived