Top Shelf Aquatics

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize I'm really behind, but...

YOU HAD A HOT DATE?! Exciting! Glad to hear it went well (and also that I'm not the only one cheating on our engagement :lol:). So when are you going to see her again?

Also, considering the amount of loungy stuff (I noticed some of it was about urine :huh:) I'd have to read through to find actual tank updates, want to just fill me in on what I've missed? Anything new? Are all the fish still alive or did they start playing Oregon Trail? :P

Haha yeah, we have a really open engagement, don't we? :P she has finals this week until Wednesday night so we have concrete plans for Thursday. I also told her that if she feels like she has studied as much as she ever can and just needs to get out, that I would take her out tonight. :)

I'll post an updated picture but the tank is finding a groove. All fish alive, coral looking good. The JF Grinch is looking iffy but I think it's adjusting to the lights. I'm glad I didn't cut the leather yet too, it's withered just as I anticipated because it's done that every time I've moved it. After it does that it will come back better than ever and then I will cut it and put it on the platform. I didn't want to double stress it.

Haha yeah, we have a really open engagement, don't we? :P she has finals this week until Wednesday night so we have concrete plans for Thursday. I also told her that if she feels like she has studied as much as she ever can and just needs to get out, that I would take her out tonight. :)

Glad to hear you guys are going out again. :) I ended up deciding I just wasn't feeling it with the guy I went on two dates with. I've got a new guy on my radar now (who actually happens to be from West Virginia originally) but I'm just too busy the next couple weeks to really do anything about it. So my dating life is on hold for the time being. I'll just live vicariously through you talking about your dates :D

I'll post an updated picture but the tank is finding a groove. All fish alive, coral looking good. The JF Grinch is looking iffy but I think it's adjusting to the lights. I'm glad I didn't cut the leather yet too, it's withered just as I anticipated because it's done that every time I've moved it. After it does that it will come back better than ever and then I will cut it and put it on the platform. I didn't want to double stress it.

Glad to hear everything is doing pretty well. My rainbow monti is still not looking the happiest, but I think its just the lights like you said. I think LEDs can really piss things off at first. Glad you waiting to cut the leather than. Its going to look awesome on the platform. I guess you decided not to get a birdsnest colony for the platform?

Why is this thread not more exciting?! Lol how is the rainbow? I feel like we have a rainbow monti kinship, wanna make sure yours is pulling through :P

Pictures?

And also, glad to hear that there is another date lined up! That's awesome

Glad to hear you guys are going out again. :) I ended up deciding I just wasn't feeling it with the guy I went on two dates with. I've got a new guy on my radar now (who actually happens to be from West Virginia originally) but I'm just too busy the next couple weeks to really do anything about it. So my dating life is on hold for the time being. I'll just live vicariously through you talking about your dates :D

Glad to hear everything is doing pretty well. My rainbow monti is still not looking the happiest, but I think its just the lights like you said. I think LEDs can really piss things off at first. Glad you waiting to cut the leather than. Its going to look awesome on the platform. I guess you decided not to get a birdsnest colony for the platform?

We've really hit it off I think. :) what is a wv boy doing in California? He must obviously be lost. :lol:

I decided against the BN because I just couldn't find one I liked and I also didn't want to change the flow pattern. Everything seems so happy now I don't want to mess it up. fingerscrossed

What'd I miss?

Zilch.

Why is this thread not more exciting?! Lol how is the rainbow? I feel like we have a rainbow monti kinship, wanna make sure yours is pulling through :P

Pictures?

And also, glad to hear that there is another date lined up! That's awesome

This thread is boring because I've just been too busy with other things. Sorry everybody! The rainbow is regaining some blue as you'll see in a bit, yours looks 10x better.

I'm really glad there's a second date too, she's pretty and has an equally pretty personality. :)

----------

Pictures! (the diffuser top washes out the colors but I took the majority of them before I realized and just don't want to take more :lol:)

93yIv.jpg

Notice the new growth on the right:

mzSTM.jpg

Superman's super color:

bmUVT.jpg

You're a mean one, now stop being testy and color up already:

siFGa.jpg

Somewhere, over the browned out coral:

3gsDo.jpg

Pictures! (the diffuser top washes out the colors but I took the majority of them before I realized and just don't want to take more :lol:)

93yIv.jpg

Notice the new growth on the right:

mzSTM.jpg

Superman's super color:

bmUVT.jpg

You're a mean one, now stop being testy and color up already:

siFGa.jpg

Somewhere, over the browned out coral:

3gsDo.jpg

Okokok can you tell me the names of the montis? I'm assuming the one that is colouring up is the grinch? and is the browned one the rainbow?

Wow! That superman has some nice colors. My rainbow looks about the same as yours right now unfortunately. I'm hoping it colors up soon.

Btw, your captions for the new pictures entertained me. :lol:

You've got some nice colors going on in here!!!!!

Thank you! :)

Okokok can you tell me the names of the montis? I'm assuming the one that is colouring up is the grinch? and is the browned one the rainbow?

The first picture, left to right is the Tyree Sunset and the Tyree Setosa. The second left to right is the superman and the Tyree Verrucosa, and then you caught my jokes about the grinch and the rainbow. :)

Wow! That superman has some nice colors. My rainbow looks about the same as yours right now unfortunately. I'm hoping it colors up soon.

Btw, your captions for the new pictures entertained me. :lol:

I'm glad you liked them. :)

In that case, I really like the colours of the superman monti :)
Nice supe monti!

Thanks, you two! :) it's already grown about a millimeter in all directions. It's by far the happiest. I can't wait to see it get bigger.

Luv'n the monti fest! I'm sure those two will color up. The sunset and the superman are looking hot!

Next will be a couple of very expensive chalice's???? I've been looking at a couple from Vivid:

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Browse.asp...3AEchinophyllia

Thanks! Chalices are and will always been on my radar but I think some acans or blastos for next maybe. Not sure yet, but there's something in the works. Someone in the livestock section was selling a Monster Mash chalice that I really liked but they wanted $300+ per eye. Speaking of chalices, mine is getting a really awesome ring around it. :)

3WuUh.gif

When can we expect some pichars?

:lol:

Also, considering the amount of loungy stuff (I noticed some of it was about urine :huh:) I'd have to read through to find actual tank updates, want to just fill me in on what I've missed? Anything new? Are all the fish still alive or did they start playing Oregon Trail? :P

I'm in the same boat. Haha about the Oregon Trail part. I used to play that game all the time, on MS-DOS then on iPod Touch.

We've really hit it off I think. :)

B) Sweet dude. Can I take this moment to just say how much I'm in love :wub: (with my girlfriend, not coral)

Sick colors on those montis, especially the super. Woooow.

B) Sweet dude. Can I take this moment to just say how much I'm in love :wub: (with my girlfriend, not coral)

Sick colors on those montis, especially the super. Woooow.

You sure can, have we seen a picture of her yet? :huh: or of you for that matter. How long have you two been together?

Thanks. B) I'm really excited to see how they take off and grow. :)

Shall we all take a moment to acknowledge our significant others? I ruv my boyfriend too :wub: Three years and counting!

Also - drooling over those chalices from vivid. So purdy :blush:

I took one of the best pictures of Molly I've taken so far:

hA3td.jpg

:) We have community mailboxes and ours in right near our Study's windows so she sits there and guards it.

Attention all, please put in your choice of music and watch this little dude tear it up:

6UDr2.gif

That is all. I just have him in the background dancing.

You sure can, have we seen a picture of her yet? :huh: or of you for that matter. How long have you two been together?

A little over a year :)

(The smiley face is a link)

Archived