Top Shelf Aquatics

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

What kinda career path are you hoping to pursue?

Honestly? I have no idea. :lol:

I'm thinking international business policy. That seems like a pretty good opportunity in a ever growing field with a chance to travel. Patent law and intellectual property law is pretty interesting as well. I worked in family law and criminal defense and it's just too hard to not bring that home with you.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What'd I miss? I've been for a couple days.

I got fancy name brand Montiporas. That's about it. Tank looks hella good.

I'm looking into different supplements and what I've been reading about thermogenic supplements but it's so hard to get unbiased information. I'm sure you can tell that I'm not hoping to take a pill and nothing else, but I think coupling it with what I'm already doing will accelerate my results.

Yeah, I'm not anti-supplement but it is hard to get unbiased info. Even the seemingly unbiased individuals who blog about their weight loss success have some kind of shake or pill or sell with a brand name on it. What I get from that is that there are lots of ways to do it, you just gotta find what works for you.

Ethan....your diet plan is awesome. I try to do the same things but I do cheat here and there. I can't give up dairy :(
And I can't give up dairy, I need the calcium to bond to the oxalate so I don't get stones.

I've never eaten much dairy to begin with. Milk is gross! And the average cheese in grocery stores in so processed.

I still haven't heard from every school I applied to, but at this point it's going to be New England School of Law in Boston. I got a BA in Political Science, a BA in Graphic Design, and a minor in Studio Art. That's cool that you're going full blown into Crimlaw, I really liked that class.

Sounds like you have many options when looking for jobs. I have a BA in visual communication but most of my knowledge is in the print industry... which is dying. Blasted. It's so hard to even find jobs to apply to, much less get. I need to self-educate myself more.

Sorry for derailing your thread so much. I love your tank. When are you going to put something on the horn?

Yeah, I'm not anti-supplement but it is hard to get unbiased info. Even the seemingly unbiased individuals who blog about their weight loss success have some kind of shake or pill or sell with a brand name on it. What I get from that is that there are lots of ways to do it, you just gotta find what works for you.

That's exactly how it is. You read about something and you're like "Oh yeah, well that supplement is no good, let's see what this author recommends... Oh wait... They recommend their product... And it's $200 a month..."

It's hard to even find scientific studies. If you find anything keep me posted, I'll be sure to mention it here.

I've never eaten much dairy to begin with. Milk is gross! And the average cheese in grocery stores in so processed.

Mmmmmm, processed goodness. I don't like milk that much but since I have to drink it I prefer Vitamin D milk. But I love fancy cheeses. My favorite is extra sharp aged white cheddar.

Sounds like you have many options when looking for jobs. I have a BA in visual communication but most of my knowledge is in the print industry... which is dying. Blasted. It's so hard to even find jobs to apply to, much less get. I need to self-educate myself more.

Sorry for derailing your thread so much. I love your tank. When are you going to put something on the horn?

The political science program was fairly short hour wise so it was easy to double up. Once I have a J.D. I should be good but I don't think I would make it as professional graphic designer. I know how the programs work, and I know what to do, and I'm halfway decent but I know how saturated the market is and you have to be exceptional to land a job you can live off of. It's more of a hobby/escape for me.

The good thing with print is your skills are fairly transferable. What's your contingency plan for when the bottom falls out? Because you're right, it's dying, and it's sad.

And don't worry about derailing my thread, it's better that way. Something will go on the horn when those damn kids stop playing on my lawn! :angry:

Actually I just need to find the right coral. I'm open to suggestions, it needs to like high light and low flow. I'm considering maybe a red goni but they are just so difficult.

Intellectual Property law is a huge hot topic, I've seen personal friends advance to partner level in less time than those in other area. IP law is also fairly ambiguous in some cases (as is a lot of law, it's open to interpretation and whoever makes the stronger more logical argument), keeping the billable paperwork forever on going.

Another area is M&A. Given the current economic culture, this field has really reaped benefits.

Intellectual Property law is a huge hot topic, I've seen personal friends advance to partner level in less time than those in other area. IP law is also fairly ambiguous in some cases (as is a lot of law, it's open to interpretation and whoever makes the stronger more logical argument), keeping the billable paperwork forever on going.

Another area is M&A. Given the current economic culture, this field has really reaped benefits.

That's what I've been reading. It's part the field you end up in and part networking (just like everything). I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I can talk to anyone, I'm friendly, and I'm pretty good at networking. :D

Scape change:

nh9KV.jpg

I'm experimenting with the finger leather there as a possible solution to "what likes low flow and can handle (not like) intense light. I didn't remove it from its old rock just yet, I will see how it does over the next few weeks. I think it bing some much needed balance to the tank's look so I hope it does well there.

The flow is ridiculous there, second highest in the tank. I have two acro frags there and it's the future site of all of my Montiporas.

On the side of the tank? There's really no chance for it to go there. My koralia 750 pushes its water and deflects the return's water straight to that side. You can't really see it online but irl you can see the current. There's not many good low flow/medium light areas in the tank which sucks since I have so many mushrooms and zoas. :lol:

There's like 2" clearance in front of the zoas and the glass and I want to keep that so I can magfloat clean without having to tiptoe around stuff. I hated that with my 20H so I specifically designed this scape to give me at least 2" on all sides.

Did you squeeze the rock in the U of the horn?

I see Dotty at the top left. I didn't find the 3 stripe though!!!!

I did, I thought it was pretty clever. :D

The three stripe is so active but hides when I take the camera out. :lol::(

I did, I thought it was pretty clever. :D

The three stripe is so active but hides when I take the camera out. :lol::(

It definitely is more noticeable there. It's actually bigger than I thought :)

I like it! I bet it will do fine there, mine likes the higher flow of being on the roof of the Yasha/Shrimp house.

Hopefully. We will see. :) if it works I'll cut it off that rock and put it on the platform.

It definitely is more noticeable there. It's actually bigger than I thought :)

It's quadrupled in size since I got it, if not more. :)

His highness the lounge rat got caught handing out blatant misinformation.muhahahahha

That's what I've been reading. It's part the field you end up in and part networking (just like everything). I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I can talk to anyone, I'm friendly, and I'm pretty good at networking. :D

You are very friendly, shouldn't you be more like a shark though?

You are very friendly, shouldn't you be more like a shark though?

Shark with a smile. :lol: you have to be able to go down into the trenches, but people but stay polite and friendly on the outside. The whole honey vs vinegar argument.

Archived