Pod Your Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah, hmmm. I assumed the green areas were growing.

I assume that too. It's gotten bigger since I've had it so I'm assume it's good and I'm just over analyzing.

Could just be getting used to the lighting. Mine did the same thing.

That what I thought at first but it's been 2 months and it's not been touched. It's been in the same spot from the second it went in the tank. I don't think it's unhappy, I'm just a worrywart.

Haha, I usually read what I type twice: once for grammar, once for innuendo. :lol:

It still slips through though.

surgicalsense
This is trippy:

tumblr_m02qm8cupa1qdjguqo1_500.gif

:blink: .. I like it though. It is really neat, in a weird eye/mind/optical kinda way.

Fitness update:

I'm up to running 1.5 miles (averaging about 17-18 minutes) and now doing 4 sets of 40 sit up an lounge things.

On top of that I've downloaded this app called "My Fitness Pal" and it's pretty decent. It's basically a calorie counter but it does a lot more. The counter part is really nice because you can either search the food or if you ate something that has a bar code it will scan the code and then you say how much of it you ate. Then you log your exercise. And you can graph your weight and measurements if you want. It also tracks your water consumption.

What I like most is how you tell it how much you weigh and your height, how much you want to lose and how fast you want to lose it and it gives you a calorie goal a day. Mine is 1390. I exercised enough to burn 407 so the amount I can eat is 1797. I've only eaten 823 and can eat 974 more but I'm feeling good. I can definitely snack some tonight. :)

Awesome fitness update!!!!! Did you mean lunges? Those are great!!!!!!

Beautiful chalice too :happy:

I don't have space for one of those -_-

Updated picture of my chalice:

BKojj.jpg

You can see the new eye forming. :)

That's some nice neon algae you got there :P

If its getting bigger then I bet its happy.

:naughtydance:

Fitness update:

I'm up to running 1.5 miles (averaging about 17-18 minutes) and now doing 4 sets of 40 sit up an lounge things.

On top of that I've downloaded this app called "My Fitness Pal" and it's pretty decent. It's basically a calorie counter but it does a lot more. The counter part is really nice because you can either search the food or if you ate something that has a bar code it will scan the code and then you say how much of it you ate. Then you log your exercise. And you can graph your weight and measurements if you want. It also tracks your water consumption.

What I like most is how you tell it how much you weigh and your height, how much you want to lose and how fast you want to lose it and it gives you a calorie goal a day. Mine is 1390. I exercised enough to burn 407 so the amount I can eat is 1797. I've only eaten 823 and can eat 974 more but I'm feeling good. I can definitely snack some tonight. :)

Good job! Keep it up. I'm working on losing fat and building muscle. I used My Fitness Pal for about a week then jumped on the Paleo Diet bandwagon with a couple friends who are really into Crossfit. Now I eat all organic fresh veggies, fruit, nuts, cage-free eggs, and some grass-fed meat from the farmer's market and don't count calories. I don't eat processed foods, dairy, legumes, junk food, etc. I just eat throughout the day when I'm hungry. Started Tuesday and feel great already. Remember not all calories are created equal and if you don't get enough calories, your body can go into starvation mode and store up energy instead of burning fat. Don't know if you knew... but it surprised me when I read that. I somehow missed out on fitness education growing up :slap:

Awesome fitness update!!!!! Did you mean lunges? Those are great!!!!!!

Beautiful chalice too :happy:

I don't have space for one of those -_-

Thanks! And I meant "ab lounge" idk if you saw it on tv a few years ago but it was a dopey thing thats for sit ups. Mom bought it and never used it. It's really nice because you don't have to get on the floor and the way it's designed takes you past horizontal so you actually work your abs a lot harder.

You have room for a little one! They grow so slowly.

That's some nice neon algae you got there :P

Good job! Keep it up. I'm working on losing fat and building muscle. I used My Fitness Pal for about a week then jumped on the Paleo Diet bandwagon with a couple friends who are really into Crossfit. Now I eat all organic fresh veggies, fruit, nuts, cage-free eggs, and some grass-fed meat from the farmer's market and don't count calories. I don't eat processed foods, dairy, legumes, junk food, etc. I just eat throughout the day when I'm hungry. Started Tuesday and feel great already. Remember not all calories are created equal and if you don't get enough calories, your body can go into starvation mode and store up energy instead of burning fat. Don't know if you knew... but it surprised me when I read that. I somehow missed out on fitness education growing up :slap:

Yeah it's coralline. I hate it. Look through the history post on page 1 and see how it looks cover whole rocks. It eventually fades away and lets normal natural colors prevail but it looks bad for a few months.

So far building muscle is a second priority, but I bet I have more fat to lose. The keys to my success has been portion control, no more soda, minimum snacking, and of course exercise. It's definitely working. I'm looking into different supplements and what I've been reading about thermogenic supplements but it's so hard to get unbiased information. I'm sure you can tell that I'm not hoping to take a pill and nothing else, but I think coupling it with what I'm already doing will accelerate my results.

If its getting bigger then I bet its happy.

:naughtydance:

Joel that chalice looks happy!

I am counting A's calories and tying to get him eating better as after his last visit to the doctor his Bad Cholesterol is high and the Good Cholesterol is low. Means he is at a higher risk for heart disease. Bleh, so now I am sitting here waiting on him as I cooked Salmon and he walked to the neighbors 20-25 minutes ago, dinner was ready 10 minutes ago.....

I may just eat and let him have cold food...... -_-

Oh....I think I know what the ab lounger is. It looked cool in the commercial!!!!

Ethan....your diet plan is awesome. I try to do the same things but I do cheat here and there. I can't give up dairy :(

Joel that chalice looks happy!

I am counting A's calories and tying to get him eating better as after his last visit to the doctor his Bad Cholesterol is high and the Good Cholesterol is low. Means he is at a higher risk for heart disease. Bleh, so now I am sitting here waiting on him as I cooked Salmon and he walked to the neighbors 20-25 minutes ago, dinner was ready 10 minutes ago.....

I may just eat and let him have cold food...... -_-

Thank you. :) and that sounds like a plan.

Oh....I think I know what the ab lounger is. It looked cool in the commercial!!!!

Ethan....your diet plan is awesome. I try to do the same things but I do cheat here and there. I can't give up dairy :(

It works really well. My abs get a great workout. And I can't give up dairy, I need the calcium to bond to the oxalate so I don't get stones.

Joel, what's your running schedule look like? Google Hal Higdon training schedule. That's what I've used for my marathon training. His schedules can take you from couch to 5K or all the way to ultras. Look into it. The key is consistency over time.

Yeah it's coralline. I hate it. Look through the history post on page 1 and see how it looks cover whole rocks. It eventually fades away and lets normal natural colors prevail but it looks bad for a few months.

I've got that crap all over my new dry rock right now. Joel's right. It is really not very nice looking at all. My live rocks from the 10 gallon are really well coated in nice red and purple coralline now so hopefully that will start to spread onto the dry rock soon.

Look into international shipping, I know Mr. Coral will ship to Canada, just email him. He's got some sick acans and zoas. I wouldn't order SPS from him but he has an amazing selection of LPS and softies. All $10 a frag.

I know this was from a while back buuut... Mind Blown. Looking into this as soon as my semester ends.

Really liking your new additions too :) They're pretty. Can't wait to see them all comfy and coloured up.

Also, been meaning to ask you, where are you going to law school? What'd you do your BA in? I'm in my third year of my Crim BA, I'm into law but not into xcore law school :P

Joel, what's your running schedule look like? Google Hal Higdon training schedule. That's what I've used for my marathon training. His schedules can take you from couch to 5K or all the way to ultras. Look into it. The key is consistency over time.

I've been running 6 days a week, resting on Sundays. I started at a mile but this last week I've been running 1.5. I'm toying with the idea of running/walking for just an hour, regardless of distance. 5 miles without a walking break is my realistic goal. I will google that after I finish this reply. Thanks for the info!

I've got that crap all over my new dry rock right now. Joel's right. It is really not very nice looking at all. My live rocks from the 10 gallon are really well coated in nice red and purple coralline now so hopefully that will start to spread onto the dry rock soon.

It fades a lot slower than it comes in, which is the worst part. :angry: at least it's not something bad!

I know this was from a while back buuut... Mind Blown. Looking into this as soon as my semester ends.

Really liking your new additions too :) They're pretty. Can't wait to see them all comfy and coloured up.

Also, been meaning to ask you, where are you going to law school? What'd you do your BA in? I'm in my third year of my Crim BA, I'm into law but not into xcore law school :P

Thank you :) I'm hoping they take nicely to the tank. I have spots lined up for the grinch and the sunset, but I'm not sure on the rest.

I still haven't heard from every school I applied to, but at this point it's going to be New England School of Law in Boston. I got a BA in Political Science, a BA in Graphic Design, and a minor in Studio Art. That's cool that you're going full blown into Crimlaw, I really liked that class.

Your new sig is awesome Joel.

That is all.

Thanks, Nor_Cal! I really like it. I think it's a touch too big but I think I will update it monthly like I do with the FTS and videos. In a couple of weeks I'll figure out how to do it better.

Boot camp hurts :rant:

Hurts so good omgomgomg

I can't run to save my life.

I can run .7 miles to save my life. :lol: give me a bike, however, and I can go all day. The last two days I've biked as my dad ran 6-10 miles and I can do both without hardly breaking a sweat or getting out of breath. It's the same on an elliptical. Running just drains me.

Archived