SaltCritters.com

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Big boy coral, haha, I know what you mean. One of my first corals was a purple monti cap. I didn't pay any attention to how big it was or its needs. Just ordered it. It remains one of my favs, especially since I didn't kill it.

I was referring more to them being "name brand" :D my acros are special needs coral that have been frustratingly fickle. One of my millepora's just started stning out of nowhere. It's been in the same spot with full PE for 2 months, nothing changed and it's like welp, better start sucking.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I saw that in the lounge but I didn't say anything because, well, it was the lounge. But my condolences to the Taggarts.

Well, hopefully I won't get bitten because I responded in the lounge.

Those SPS of yours are looking mighty fine Capt'n!

I think that thread is pretty safe from that considering the nature of it, but I avoided it nevertheless.

And thank you. :) I'm a big fan of them and hope they do well. I have high hopes for them!

I saw it there as well and responded. Even the lounge turds won't bite anybody in that thread.

PE on Monti's make me all puppy eyed. :wub:

And that sounded totally ripe for Mark to tear into. :lol:

YUP! PE on my monty makes my wife all puppy eyed. Thanks Kat, you're a great straightman.

wow amazing looking frags! you guys in the states get all the good stuff <_<

Thanks bud! You can get some pretty BA stuff too. I mean, look at your tank!

Thanks bud! You can get some pretty BA stuff too. I mean, look at your tank!

bah, my tank just has diet coke stuff..lol..if i could get some frags of what you have i would be making a killing over here..haha

bah, my tank just has diet coke stuff..lol..if i could get some frags of what you have i would be making a killing over here..haha

Look into international shipping, I know Mr. Coral will ship to Canada, just email him. He's got some sick acans and zoas. I wouldn't order SPS from him but he has an amazing selection of LPS and softies. All $10 a frag.

Look into international shipping, I know Mr. Coral will ship to Canada, just email him. He's got some sick acans and zoas. I wouldn't order SPS from him but he has an amazing selection of LPS and softies. All $10 a frag.

hrmm..i'll give him a shout. if he can send them with anyone else except UPS then i'll put in a order...i wonder if they would give a live guarntee to canada?

I wouldn't see why he wouldn't guarantee it. It still goes over night. Definitely send him an email. He was very easy to work with. Just don't order SPS is my only advice.

Coral update: the seller paypaled me the cost of the frag as a gift. Thanks Felicia for introducing me to such a classy seller. :)

Glad to hear Kes took care of that for you. I'm really loving the frags that made it through shipping. I'm a bit jealous I didn't get that Grinch frag now...I was seriously considering it and decided I didn't have space :lol:

I'm making a trip to DC and MD!!!! Planning a visit to Mr. Coral. Come with?

If I end up going to WVU I'll be right around 2 hours away. I'll have to resist weekend coral runs. :lol:

Glad to hear Kes took care of that for you. I'm really loving the frags that made it through shipping. I'm a bit jealous I didn't get that Grinch frag now...I was seriously considering it and decided I didn't have space :lol:

I'm glad you didn't take the grinch. :P I didn't even want it tbh and then I saw it in person and it's so much better irl. The rainbow is still my favorite. :)

IQM3w.jpg

The blue & red monti looks like it has chalice eyes under it..like its glued to a chalice lol

nlVqw.jpg

the monti on the right looks like a jedi mind trick...

The blue & red monti looks like it has chalice eyes under it..like its glued to a chalice lol

the monti on the right looks like a jedi mind trick...

Haha the superman does look like its glued to a chalice doesn't it? And the right one is a Jason Fox "The Grinch." They are both similar coral so only time will tell when it colors up.

"The Grinch" looks like a coral that I'm going to be getting. Mine is a plating though. Is yours encrusting? Mine is light green with pink polyps.

Frags look awesome :happy:

uSagl.jpg

IQM3w.jpg

nlVqw.jpg

:)

They looks so nice!

Look at you go with all your SPS now! Awesome!

So how are the fish doing? No new horror stories? :P

"The Grinch" looks like a coral that I'm going to be getting. Mine is a plating though. Is yours encrusting? Mine is light green with pink polyps.

Frags look awesome :happy:

Mine is encrusting. Only the setosa is plating. And the Verrucosa is branching. A plating form of the grinch sounds awesome. Get it!

This experience has taught me two things: I really like montipora and think a small monti/chalice dominated pico would be about the most beautiful thing and I see why JF and Tyree are as coveted as they are. I want more BA pieces from them.

Your new corals are sexy, Joel. :)

Thank you! :)

I forgot to update my thread! Let me go do that instead of spamming up Joel's. :)

Looks good Blue

They looks so nice!

Look at you go with all your SPS now! Awesome!

So how are the fish doing? No new horror stories? :P

Thank you! And yeah I've gone overboard with SPS. I like montipora way more than acropora. Fish are actually doing great. I'm convinced they are "the chosen ones."

Fish are actually doing great. I'm convinced they are "the chosen ones."

I love the flat encrusting corals too! I just don't know what it is about the branching ones though....

They are the chose ones!

:lol:

Archived