Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

That's how I envisioned it. But the flow isn't quite right at that point so I need to switch the 425 with the return.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went down to check on my tank and I found Clyfford with several pleopods full of eggs. :)

I'm tempted to at least try to raise them, even though they are supposedly almost impossible to raise to adulthood.

The pokerstar with rainbow colors is a rainbow monti. :)

I will take pictures tomorrow when they get here.

No problem on the sig, just a quick and dirty crop + text from one of your pictures. You need to do a photo dump soon.

that's what i thought? but the guy selling it says it's a "pokerstar" but it's very much a rainbow..meh either way i can't wait to get it! going to take a buttload of pics right after the new scape :)

Here's the setosa mother colony:

Yl4vm.jpg

That looks amazing. I have to say the one disappointment I have when shopping for corals online or at my LFS is that I never get to see what the mother colony would look like. One of my LFS only carries colonies of hard branching SPS like Acros etc. not of montis of any kind or favias, all those are always frags, some very large frags but frags none the less.

I can google and research light, flow and feeding requirements of what I buy but I find it difficult if not impossible to research what kind of space they need. Would they table, encrust, shoot upwards, branch outwards or what. And given average growth in stable params, how fast is this growth expected.

I see amazing pictures from reefgardner, cherry corals, coral theory, and other vendors including Mr Coral :rolleyes: which make me itch to get the pretties. Sadly very very few mother colonies are pictured. It's kind of hard to imagine unless you stare at an advanced aquarists tank.

I also find this to be a somewhat general difference between someone that has been reefing for years vs new hobbyists: the old timers capitulated to the itch to buy frags of every variety when they were new, now their tanks have either grown those into colonies or they now only buy colonies.

I'm tempted to at least try to raise them, even though they are supposedly almost impossible to raise to adulthood.

You a baby daddy?

You a baby daddy?

That's just my baby daddy.

I've decided not to try because I will be beginning law school before they are out of the larval stage and I don't want to cause complications. I'll just enjoy the fact that my tank is happy and healthy enough to promote spawning and take it as a win.

funny-pictures-animal-capshunz-disapproving-bunny-disapproves.jpg

I've decided not to try because I will be beginning law school before they are out of the larval stage and I don't want to cause complications. I'll just enjoy the fact that my tank is happy and healthy enough to promote spawning and take it as a win.

That just means free food for the tank :D Mine haven't spawned yet...

I got my GDF tix today, can ya tell?

:lol:

Nice, but not as nice as turtle time.

If I end up living in Boston I can't wait for the first real show like that I go to. I've been to stuff like Mayhem Fest but the few smaller semi electronic venues I've been to (think M.S.I.) I've enjoyed a lot more. So needless to say when I see Skrillex, Steve Aoki, et. al. I will pee.

where do you guys find all the .gifs? they are funny.

Google.

when I see Skrillex, Steve Aoki, et. al. I will pee.

QFT

where do you guys find all the .gifs? they are funny.

I have several bookmarked pages but where I get stuff I wouldn't normally think to find I use www.reddit.com more specifically, the subreddits r/gifs and r/reactiongifs

That looks amazing. I have to say the one disappointment I have when shopping for corals online or at my LFS is that I never get to see what the mother colony would look like. One of my LFS only carries colonies of hard branching SPS like Acros etc. not of montis of any kind or favias, all those are always frags, some very large frags but frags none the less.

I can google and research light, flow and feeding requirements of what I buy but I find it difficult if not impossible to research what kind of space they need. Would they table, encrust, shoot upwards, branch outwards or what. And given average growth in stable params, how fast is this growth expected.

I see amazing pictures from reefgardner, cherry corals, coral theory, and other vendors including Mr Coral :rolleyes: which make me itch to get the pretties. Sadly very very few mother colonies are pictured. It's kind of hard to imagine unless you stare at an advanced aquarists tank.

I also find this to be a somewhat general difference between someone that has been reefing for years vs new hobbyists: the old timers capitulated to the itch to buy frags of every variety when they were new, now their tanks have either grown those into colonies or they now only buy colonies.

^TOTALLY! I have Julian's and Eric's books and can never seem to find what these little frags will look like.

....damn rape corn

Hey it's not my fault when it arrives that way! :lol:

Everything looks pretty crappy except the sunset. But that's just what happens with shipping SPS.

Archived