Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't even know what some of those monti's are let alone look like. Can't wait for pics.

They are all pretty hot, here's the basic run down:

Superman: blue encrusting with red polyps

Pokerstar: blue encrusting with green polyps

Grinch: green encrusting with red polyps

Sunset: orange encrusting with green polyps

Rainbow: you have one

Setosa: green plating and branching with dark polyps

Tyree Verrucosa: yellow branching with violet polyps

He also said he would throw in a freebie. So there's that too.

Here's the setosa mother colony:

Yl4vm.jpg

They are all pretty hot, here's the basic run down:

Superman: blue encrusting with red polyps

Pokerstar: blue encrusting with green polyps

Grinch: green encrusting with red polyps

Sunset: orange encrusting with green polyps

Rainbow: you have one

Setosa: green plating and branching with dark polyps

Tyree Verrucosa: yellow branching with violet polyps

He also said he would throw in a freebie. So there's that too.

Here's the setosa mother colony:

Yl4vm.jpg

Simply amazing. I guess you can never predict how they are going to grow? That mother colony is incredible.

Simply amazing. I guess you can never predict how they are going to grow? That mother colony is incredible.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's just how they grow, they put a plate out, and then send a branch up in the middle of the plate. I just hope they arrive in good condition, the water in the bags are still warm, and they do well in my tank.

The poor showing with my Mr. Coral frags are why I'm not getting a free clam. I'm not against ordering from him again, but I certainly won't be ordering SPS again. I do want to do a chalice/acan/zoa order but these montis are more important to me.

You never know. When I got my tricolor, the guy at the LFS said if popped an extra $20 he'd make the frag 2" instead. He gave me a frickin' branch. The piece was sizable, needless to say.

I've been eye a orange setosa that a local brings into PEAC.....now I really wanna get it lol

Get it and we will trade.

There is no such thing as a free clam.

True :lol:

You never know. When I got my tricolor, the guy at the LFS said if popped an extra $20 he'd make the frag 2" instead. He gave me a frickin' branch. The piece was sizable, needless to say.

I've seen the wysiwyg pictures of my frags none of them are thy big but I don't know what my freebie will be. Judging by his stock and his 30 years of experience I doubt he has anything bad.

There is no such thing as a free clam.

This is also sig quote worthy. You are on a roll today.

I never understood what was so cool about a monti until I got one. Actually, I still don't know what's so cool about them. But I want more.

Mark, I love your one liners :lol:

He's on fire today.

ftfy

:lol:

This is also sig quote worthy. You are on a roll today.

I never understood what was so cool about a monti until I got one. Actually, I still don't know what's so cool about them. But I want more.

Montiporas are the perfect mix of color, decently fast growth, and not impossible care.

IMG_20120228_212652.jpg

:lol:

nice monti's! i'm trying to get my hands on a well...what they call a pokerstar but it has rainbow colors. meh whatever it is it'll look nice! mo4r pics of the new coral!

p.s thanks again for the sig :D

nice monti's! i'm trying to get my hands on a well...what they call a pokerstar but it has rainbow colors. meh whatever it is it'll look nice! mo4r pics of the new coral!

p.s thanks again for the sig :D

The pokerstar with rainbow colors is a rainbow monti. :)

I will take pictures tomorrow when they get here.

No problem on the sig, just a quick and dirty crop + text from one of your pictures. You need to do a photo dump soon.

Joel, I need to get you to make me a fancy gif signature sometime since you seem to enjoy making them. Pwetty pwease :flower:

Will do, just let me know what you want. :)

Wow...I didn't even know plating montis grew like that. So cool!!!!!!

You're tank will be even more epic :happy:

Have you made any decisions on what to place atop the alter (horn)?

Wow...I didn't even know plating montis grew like that. So cool!!!!!!

You're tank will be even more epic :happy:

Have you made any decisions on what to place atop the alter (horn)?

Thanks!

I want a birdsnest on the alter. :)

Will do, just let me know what you want. :)

Yay! :happydance: I have no idea what I want yet, I'll have to figure out something cool and take a video. Any suggestions?

Have you made any decisions on what to place atop the sacrificial alter (horn)?

FTFY

Yay! :happydance: I have no idea what I want yet, I'll have to figure out something cool and take a video. Any suggestions?

I could do a coral movement shot like my last one. I don't want to impose too much on your creative process. Just think on it and see if you don't come up with exactly what you want. :)

Oh....nice! What color? I'm getting a neon green bird.

Not sure of the exact name but it's an orange skeleton with green polyps. :) but I could just as easily change my mind. I would also like a branching monti like a forest fire.

I could do a coral movement shot like my last one. I don't want to impose too much on your creative process. Just think on it and see if you don't come up with exactly what you want. :)

Not sure of the exact name but it's an orange skeleton with green polyps. :) but I could just as easily change my mind. I would also like a branching monti like a forest fire.

Sounds nice! I always thought an SPS would look perfect in that spot. Like a fountain of water shooting out of the horn :happy:

Archived