Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

So you've abandoned the redsea plan? I'm going to get a bottle of Brightwell calc for now and eventually order 2 Part. I don't have a mg test but I'm sure it's dropping like my calc.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I havent abandoned it, I abandoned using brightwell cause i was running out. and redsea suggests a 4-7 day run after wc to get a daily dose....well I went 7 days without dosing and two days ago my spathulata partially started shedding, so I did a waterchange and dosed 20ppm the past two days, trying to get it back up to 465....just uhh switching salts, switching dosing, stressfull....so like i Said i dunno if it was the imbalance of calc/alk, the fast drop, ect ect who knows...just figured id share haha(yes my tank isnt perfect and ill admit mistakes :P)

i have part 1 and 2 and i think i have cal, you can have em for 20 shipped.

How big are they?

Why not test? Because I don't want to :mellow:

Well if you tested you would probably find out you didn't have to change as much.

No I havent abandoned it, I abandoned using brightwell cause i was running out. and redsea suggests a 4-7 day run after wc to get a daily dose....well I went 7 days without dosing and two days ago my spathulata partially started shedding, so I did a waterchange and dosed 20ppm the past two days, trying to get it back up to 465....just uhh switching salts, switching dosing, stressfull....so like i Said i dunno if it was the imbalance of calc/alk, the fast drop, ect ect who knows...just figured id share haha(yes my tank isnt perfect and ill admit mistakes :P)

Good luck! I'll try to get my calc up this week.

Fair enough. You don't have to cut them out though, just do smaller ones.

Like you could mix your salt in one of the gallon jugs, then use the jug from last change for the siphon water and pull exactly a gallon out each time.

In that case, I'd do it daily to match my current WC percentage : lol:

VM0wA.gif

there all 17.8 floz and full

Okay, I'll keep you in mind. I need to do more research on dosing before I make up my mind on what product I want to use.

devilsadvocate

Okay, I'll keep you in mind. I need to do more research on dosing before I make up my mind on what product I want to use.

ok lmk

I thought I'd share these with you.

6822788197_599ae14a07.jpg

6822786655_c7aaebbfe3.jpg

And just for fun, I went crazy on my little brother

6822790639_2cdaf8a739.jpg

hahahaha...wow i wish i was still a kid...better yet...i think its time brit and i went to toysrus haha

I've not looked yet, but in the interest that it might the lobster I fed the tank pretty heavily, about as much as I did when it was full stocked. And I plan on feeding like that from now on to ready the tank for the sudden increase of fish this Thursday. :)

Current pages in thread: 304. Area code match!!!

<nerd mode off until work tomorrow>

Haha nice catch! I have mine set to 100 post/page so I miss the little things like that. B)

Archived