ReefCleaners.org

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A beeb?

Yup. Beebs is the technical nomenclature.

Well, use your screaming technique to make it drop one! :D

I've been trying. The problem is that it hasn't looked 100% for a while. It looks healthy but not happy.

You don't want a premature beeb!!!!! :lol:

True, and fragging is like c sectioning. :D

I told you, when it drops a Beeb it's yours. Simple as that. :)

I've never heard that joel. Mine split into 2 heads, which when they grow more and into a hard skeleton/branch thing can be fragged. Only kenya trees drop babies IMO

I've never heard that joel. Mine split into 2 heads, which when they grow more and into a hard skeleton/branch thing can be fragged. Only kenya trees drop babies IMO

I've read that they drop them and assumed it was a form of reproduction. After reading more into it, it's a stress response to low calc or high po4. So I don't want it to drop one now. :lol:

I've read that they drop them and assumed it was a form of reproduction. After reading more into it, it's a stress response to low calc or high po4. So I don't want it to drop one now. :lol:

Now I'll never get one. :(

I think the type of Frogspawn that Joel has would make it difficult to frag. Isn't called a wall frogspawn or something like that? They don't have individual heads, if I recall correctly.

OMG! Reef talk! I left for a little bit and the world ended :P

I know! Wtf is going on here!?

Now I'll never get one. :(

Now you just have to get one off LA. :)

Patman Bants. :lol:

I like that :D

I think the type of Frogspawn that Joel has would make it difficult to frag. Isn't called a wall frogspawn or something like that? They don't have individual heads, if I recall correctly.

I'm not sure what, exactly, it is but it's not easy to frag like branching.

Joel, did you do a good sized WC when blenny died?

No, but I monitored my params and there was no spike. I changed a gallon today but it really wasn't needed. I posted my params earlier but they were- NO3: 0, PO4: 0, Dkh: 11, Ca: 360. The water looks really wet so I'm not concerned about my parameters being off, I just think its still adjusting to the light.

Yup. One gallon. And those were my params before the water. I have a protein skimmer for 100g system and enough macro to fill a 10g tank easily. Nutrient export isn't a problem in my tank, keeping my ca up will be the challenge.

Why? Before that I hadn't done a water change in a month. My Ca and Dkh was too high so I had to stop replenishing it so I just made sure my NO3 and PO4 didn't rise and they stayed at 0. I only changed the water today because I had made the gallon yesterday incase I over siphoned the cyano but ended up not siphoning it so the water would have sat for however long.

devilsadvocate
I'm not sure what, exactly, it is but it's not easy to frag like branching.

if its a wall hammer, you gotta make a cut in it then put a shim in it. and slowly add more and more shims. and itll pretty much frag its self.

Yeah, the rules are different the bigger you go. One of the reasons I don't want a pico (besides the fact that I overstock) is daily water changes. How come you don't test your water? I'm sure you'd find with just the one fish 50-60 is excessive and you could save a lot of water. You wouldn't rewash clean dishes, would you? :lol:

360 seems really low ...whats your alk sitting at joel?

I only ask because when I did the 7 day pretest for redsea w/o dosing the regular two part(big mistake) my calc got down to 350(from 465) w/ 10.4dkh(from 12.6dkh)...and the spathulata shed half the colony away...im not sure if its cause the rapid change or the drop so low unbalanced from alk

11, I'm going to dose calcium because apparently my tank has a super buffer for dkh. It was like 15 to start but after 4 weeks of no changes it's not gone below 11.

Read my edit ^^^^^. Yea my alk drops slow too but my calc just sips away now...went from using maybe 10ppm calc a week to over 100 since adding the sps and clam

Archived