7UXxS.jpg

New

New Pictures:

Mushrooms loving their new location:

YGa9W.jpg

Help! I can't get up!

h94l8.jpg

Nevermind,

New pictures! Got this coral for a total of $40 (split to $20 with a friend) from a guy tearing down his tank, I think I got a pretty sweet deal. The Paly rock was easily 18" long and has more than 400 polyps. The piece in the tank is only a quarter of the whole rock.

Orange Yuma:

Oqtxp.jpg

Giant Green Paly Rock with Angel Hair Star Polyps:

K7P0X.jpg

Green Mushroom:

iYgCF.jpg

FTS After Moving Things Around:

kQP22.jpg

Edited by JoelRHale

Love that Yuma... seriously! and the rock its on has shweet color. I hope that green mushroom opens up all fatty, its intense!!

I would have paid $20 for the yuma alone! This is the first ric I've ever had and the first I've even seen in person. There's also a purple hairy mushroom in there too but it's not looking as good. I'm going to give it til the end of the week while watching my params. I think it's just stressed, instead of giving me the rock it was on the guy like ripped it off lol.

If this mushroom opens like my purples I'll be more than happy.

You need to get some water in your tank son!

I <3 your mushroom :wub:

Me too! I'll have to get a pic of the red mush thats in my friends tank, it's the same metallic shine.

Oh yes yes... I am tryin to hurry up and get my water on.

Id pay a 20banger for that Yuma too. Also, im sure you already know, but them shrooms are so resilient. In the past I used to rip some shrooms off my rocks, get a utility knife and cut them up like a pizza. Then id have 4-6 new shrooms a few weeks later. So hopefully your shroom loses its TUDE and perks up for ya. OR ELSE

New pictures! I did some rescaping and now that they have adjusted I thought I would share.

FTS:

X1FJW.jpg

Left Side:

FHX8I.jpg

Right Side:

J28xv.jpg

Ricordea Yuma:

9ecEu.jpg

Some Kind of Polyp with Macro:

S1MNd.jpg

Vincent!:

SOO4V.jpg

XeKwy.jpg

New FTS:

aZzIr.jpg

Any comments, questions, criticisms, and compliments are welcome.

I have to ask... What is the green stuff growing on the rock? Is it supposed to be there?

It makes me think of a mossy rock in a FW tank :P

Of course it's supposed to be there, that's exactly how I intended it! :P Actually I have really no idea as to what it is. It feels hard like coralline but from all the pictures I've looked at of green variants of coralline, mine looks too green. It's most likely some sort of algae but nothing really eats it.

Whatever it is, it sure looks better than "base rock white," that's for sure.

Haha yeah I guess that's true! :P

New

Unlike the last videos, I used a more stationary and stable vantage for what I hope is a better quality video. Let me know what you think!

Looks great!

Thanks! I think I like that style of video better. I think it might easier to watch than my poor attempt at holding it still :lol:

Nice lookin scape! Like the rebuild better than before for sure! The video is definitely easier on the eye when it's nice n steady like that. I love how your yellow-tail damsel is just running around, showing off for the camera, but your wrasse is playing hide n seek. I think we saw his reflection on the sides of the tank 3x as much as the actual fish! ;)

Thanks, I definitely like the rebuild better too. It's much more stable, the previous versions could experience a collapse if my turbo was on the edge certain rocks. Now I can push very firmly down on any part of the structure without any give.

The damsel is a camera whore :lol: I really like the fish stock I have now. As you said the damsel is always out and about swimming around, the wrasse is usually hugging the rocks, and my blenny just finding places and surveying his environment. I think that's how I'm getting away with 3 semi aggressive fish in such a small tank, since none of them really invade the others preferred space in the tank.

tank looks nice man!! I love your blue zoas!!

Thanks man! I really like them too, they aren't as blue as the way liveaquaria made them out to be but they are still nice, I'm hoping they will color up to a deeper blue over time. I think I need to get some red in my tank now, any ideas?

Who doesn't want to watch an HD

of my blenny getting ticked that a hermit is in his spot, coming out to investigate, and then pooping on it out of spite? I'm really happy that he is becoming less and less camera shy.

Who doesn't want to watch an HD
of my blenny getting ticked that a hermit is in his spot, coming out to investigate, and then pooping on it out of spite? I'm really happy that he is becoming less and less camera shy.

That was awesome! He got pwned. :D

Hehehehe that was pretty funny!

I just can't believe I got it on camera! I was just filming the hermit because the smaller animals in the tank are cooler IMO. It just amazes me. And then out of no where Van Gogh just comes out, gives him the death stare, and takes care of it. I've also seen him bite the shells so hard they can't hang on and sends them flying!

I think that is the funniest aquarium video I have ever seen.

Just checked it all out....wow! I really love this tank! Looks great!!!!! Sixlines are awesome fish until you want to add a new fish..then they bite, literally :lol: