Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Yet another question, in a long line of questions, that proves that I made the right choice in buying my fixtures instead of DIY :lol: literally no idea.

Did this thread really gain 100+ posts in one day? :eek:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant no offense against DIY fixtures. I just meant that since I can't answer very simply questions regarding the lights I have, the chances I'd burn my house down in making one would be very high. :lol: I would have loved to build my own light.

Did this thread really gain 100+ posts in one day? :eek:

That would be tanks to me and Randi :D

I meant no offense against DIY fixtures. I just meant that since I can't answer very simply questions regarding the lights I have, the chances I'd burn my house down in making one would be very high. :lol: I would have loved to build my own light.

This is why I bought a kit that is set-up so that all the wattages and amps work with everything. Then you just put it together without thinking about those questions.

I mean I know how to put a fixture together its easy - get drivers that power your forward voltages of the led string added up plus the overhead for the driver, then get a power supply with more voltage then the maximum used by each driver(my max for one driver is 21.4 + 2v driver overhead) so I got a 24v power supply, now add up the amps of each driver - 5.6 amps total for me so I got a 24v 6.5amp power supply. Im just simply stating I dont know the wattage of my fixture lol as led's aren't true to the amps x volts = watts equation

wait a second dur...they're 3 watt leds...except the xmls are 6 watt and the blues are 4 watt sooo 95 watts over my 25...lol

at 25.75 x 14 = 360.5 sq in

so 0.26 watts per sq inch of surface area

wait a second dur...they're 3 watt leds...except the xmls are 6 watt and the blues are 4 watt sooo 95 watts over my 25...lol

at 25.75 x 14 = 360.5 sq in

so 0.26 watts per sq inch of surface area

I've got about what you do, 0.25 watts per sq inch of surface area.

And Joel's got about 0.21 watts per sq inch if his fixtures are 60W each. But that doesn't tell you par, since that depends on the LED brand and optics and such.

We still doing this calendar?

Really shotty pic of me dressed up as a modern gangster for halloween. Point is brit could do cruella devil too :D

facebook_454075923jpg.jpg

Hey Brad, I know you have some other people in line for that macro but when it comes around again, would you be interested in a macro trade?

I think once I brought the true objectification that the adolescent male is capable of to light, Felicia and Candy dropped out :eek:

Bahaha oh well :P. And sure thing joel. I don't want any macro unless you have some planted hamilda. Also - if you want I can always go pick some more up for 10 bucks+shipping if you want? Otherwise if your order online its 19.99 + 36 in shipping. If you don't mind waiting though ill send it out free like I did gena - just pay shipping.

Archived