Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ewww...I don't want to be in this calendar anymore :angry:

I think that would be the hardest part about being a famous model/actress. :eek:

where are the new corals, i cant find em.... link me to post plz

Here you go: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3679334

For future reference, I add new stuff to my table of contents for that very reason B)

When do you play mw3? I need to play with people who don't blow. -_- I've said earlier I'm a much stronger team player. My best games are when my team is doing well. I do have some nice clutch lone wolf moves in S&D but those are rare :lol:

Put your sps up high joel :P, I've been squirting some oyster or roti feast mixed with some freeze dried cyclopeeze at my acro's w/ pumps off during feeding...they seem happy

Yeah I'm going to light acclimate them for a few weeks and slowly move them up. The flow is pretty turbulent on the top ridge which is where I want most of them.

Yours are also probably happy with 3 mp10's :lol:

Start with the little stick frags for like 10$. That way you can find out the optimal spot in your tank for SPS, with risking your grandma's soul.

The great thing about Mr. Coral is his $10 frags are actually pretty nice coral. Granted they are small but hey. If these go well I'll probably order some acans/chalices.

Good. I've thought about ordering from Mr. Coral, simply for the prices.

Let me know how the total experience was. I'm quite curious -_-

Light aclimation....pffffft I don't think Ive done that yet lol I just throw em where I want em XD...I need to look at mr corals acan colors - I want a few more

and the 3 mp10s - so far every coral i've stuck in there has opened up within a few hours...its awesome lol

I want his acan that is the main photo for the wysiwyg frag section...omg

Ewww...I don't want to be in this calendar anymore :angry:

Neither do I..... :slap:

I just stuck the birdsnest on the top from the start, never gave me an issue.

I want his acan that is the main photo for the wysiwyg frag section...omg

I doubt that is for sale. It's just a hot coral he'll never get, it's there to suck you in! :ninja:

Ladies, any girl in front of a reef tank is just natural attraction for us boys. No need for this hesitance.

Good. I've thought about ordering from Mr. Coral, simply for the prices.

Let me know how the total experience was. I'm quite curious -_-

Everything went well, communication was quick, we did have a hiccup in determining the day to ship but that's no big (it was frustrating at the time), corals came packed nicely (styro, newspaper, heat pack, double bagged, and then finally in one larger bag), I'm not an expert on SPS identification but judging on structural characteristics all of the coral ordered are correct. He says 1/2-3/4" frags, mine range from 1/3"-1.25" so where some might be under the ones that are over are fairly generous. All have some form of PE and no signs of decaying flesh. There was a zoa eating asterina on one plug but that was easy to remove.

Light aclimation....pffffft I don't think Ive done that yet lol I just throw em where I want em XD...I need to look at mr corals acan colors - I want a few more

My light bakes coral though, 700 par through 24" of water. It can grow SPS on the sand in a 48" deep tank :lol: I think I want acans next. That one you said was sweet is awesome.

When you upgrade your lights you might have to start.

I doubt that is for sale. It's just a hot coral he'll never get, it's there to suck you in! :ninja:

If you spend time on the site you'll see he often gets amazingly colorful corals in.

If you spend time on the site you'll see he often gets amazingly colorful corals in.

Hmmm I'll have to frequent there more often I guess.

Stark LED XP-E 60W V2.0. Two of them. B)

They've done tests on the par, it comes with the literature. From what I've read the numbers are pretty accurate. It peaks at 380 at 48"

Oh and they have 80 degree optics.

Then again I have't put on the 60 degree optics I have sitting beside me either....Waiting til this weekend when I replace my trueviolets and install 495nm turquoise, 660nm red

What mA do they run at? I might be right there with you as I used a lux meter and did a poor lux to par conversion

Also are those number through air or through saltwater

I'll be looking forward to how that looks. I've wanted to get some red and violet LEDs to supplement.

No idea on the mA because I suck at that stuff. The test say they were tested on a 24, 36, and 48" aquarium so I'd assume it's through water.

My violet leds look sweet. I did a low power test of the red mixed with the turquoise as the sun was setting on the tank with just the violets up and all I can say is WOW, just the red makes the greens pop, but my oranges friggin glowed with the turquoise...I cant wait to have them at full power...gonna be removing the moon lights from the main fixture(I have a moonlight supplied by Reef Angel) but ima have to drill 6 more holes for 3 more leds

Do you know what drivers your fixture has?

Im running Ill be running 5.6 amps of led, about 122volts total....using the regular amps x volts thats 695.4watts of led....hmm I dont think thats the right wattage

Archived