SaltCritters.com

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

We're great here! Sounds like you've had a wonderful morning! Did you get a blu ray player for Christmas? If so, we did too. My husband already set it up.

I love your Christmas miracle :)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah and it does Netflix and some other cool stuff :) me and the pops are watching the office. He likes it but he's not seen more than a few episodes. :) I love it!

Ours does Netflix too...which we had been watching through the wii. The Office is great :)

Isn't that super neat!?

I love Dwight! And Family Guy is hilarious! :D

Family guy is pretty funny but if you want a funny comedy to watch on Netflix, go for Trailer Park Boys. The character development is just like the office but it centers around 3 guys who live in a trailer park in Canada and they are always trying to make money, usually involving drugs. It's hilarious! :lol: it's also very similar to Arrested Development in the sense that there are lots of recurring jokes.

Family guy is pretty funny but if you want a funny comedy to watch on Netflix, go for Trailer Park Boys. The character development is just like the office but it centers around 3 guys who live in a trailer park in Canada and they are always trying to make money, usually involving drugs. It's hilarious! :lol: it's also very similar to Arrested Development in the sense that there are lots of recurring jokes.

I've got to watch it sometime!

You should!

I took the opportunity to take some top downs while the pumps were off mid water change,

Clyfford:

f8cbae78.jpg

I think it's safe to say that the froggy is recovering nicely:

df751e50.jpg

My combo rock is really filling in:

463f8d0d.jpg

Sympodium on its new spot:

38cb184f.jpg

Not a top down but the Yuma is in a great mood today as well:

ee8afa90.jpg

The sand is becoming white again, water looks a lot clearer from the last water change, lesson learned and will be starting a much more conservative feeding regiment next week. :)

It's looking awesome like old times. Course you never had any problems with your corals right? Glad to see you happy with your tank again :)

Froggy is a beauty!

It's looking awesome like old times. Course you never had any problems with your corals right? Glad to see you happy with your tank again :)

Froggy is a beauty!

Thanks :) I never had any problems with coral looking like they were close to death, but a few were definitely not looking their finest, all is returning though :happydance:

Great shots, Joel! :D

Thanks! :) did you get them out today or is ups closed? Doesn't matter to me, getting them one day later isn't going to kill me :lol:

I had to do some post-christmas junk today.

They'll go tomoro.

Beast of a box, is headed yer way... :eek:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :happydance:

Looks great Joel! The Froggie is awesome! Glad the sand and everything is getting back to normal.

Thanks! I'm glad too! :)

I love getting packages. USPS shouldn't be as busy right now.

That's the hope, it's still staying pretty warm so overnight it shouldn't be too hard on them.

So I am doing the waiting thing with the Yasha.... have not seen him since Tuesday last week. When should I start looking for a body?

I'd say tomorrow wouldn't be a bad time to start poking around some rocks. Think positive though! I had a mini freak out, lobster molted sometime today. When the shrimp molts it's easy to tell because I usually see him first but the lobster gave me a mini scare.

I'd say tomorrow wouldn't be a bad time to start poking around some rocks. Think positive though! I had a mini freak out, lobster molted sometime today. When the shrimp molts it's easy to tell because I usually see him first but the lobster gave me a mini scare.

I might give him until I can do the WC on Wednesday, use it as an excuse to check that one side of the tank for him or his body......

Ha bet that was a BIG molt.

Sounds like a plan, as long as your params aren't out of wack one more day won't hurt. I know a lot of people just let their cuc eat the body.

And yeah the molt was pretty big too!

If he did die I wouldn't ever find him. The snails and hermits would have had that gone in short time.

Yeah all params are perfect, couldn't ask for more. Even got the temp down with the new top from 82 to 78 and it's constant. SO I am pleased. If the corals are okay and the fish are all healthy I shouldn't have an issue with the fish.

How is the grumpy lobster? I am going to be eating his larger cousins on Thursday! YUM! :D

grandmasterbakka

the zoas rock really dose look good. same for the mushy.i've done a water change with a couple gallons distilled water, and am about to do another with some bottled ro drinking water. i'm hoping changing to a more pure water source will snap my mushroom out of it. i lost the cool purple/blue one. how long has that shrimp been in your tank?

After reading the last 20 pages, I had forgotten you even had a tank! Ha ha.

I love the zoa rock. Dumb question, but do you just glue a buch of different color frags on the rock and let them fill in?

the zoas rock really dose look good. same for the mushy.i've done a water change with a couple gallons distilled water, and am about to do another with some bottled ro drinking water. i'm hoping changing to a more pure water source will snap my mushroom out of it. i lost the cool purple/blue one. how long has that shrimp been in your tank?

That sucks about losing the mushie, but I'm not sure the water is the problem since mushrooms like dirtier water and all your other corals are doing well. Are you still running carbon or the protein skimmer you made? I'll give you my thing of carbon since my protein skimmer takes care of the adsorption aspect.

The shrimp has been in the tank since November 30th. I got him from PSP, he's been awesome!

After reading the last 20 pages, I had forgotten you even had a tank! Ha ha.

I love the zoa rock. Dumb question, but do you just glue a buch of different color frags on the rock and let them fill in?

Haha, that's how I felt reading this thread before I made my table of contents!

Thanks, I bought the rock like that from Diver's Den back in July. I'm not a huge fan of buying small zoa frags because they sometimes like to melt for no real. In fact, on that very combo rock I had radioactive dragon eyes and they melted, while all the rest flourished.

Archived