Pod Your Reef

SHOW us your Anglers

wartskin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of you guys should take some vid of your angler just living life in your reef. Id be interested to see what they are up to.

I will take a video wed. When I feed him again I thought about your idea to setup a camera 24/7 but I don't have a extra camera plus their not the most active fish they kindda jus crawl around very methodical but I will post a video of him feeding in a couple days

This will def be my next fish once my tank is empty.

Those are some beautiful fish.

Their is many different species of anglers so do your research pick one and good luck with it and enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video of mine

Action happens at around 40 seconds in. I'm not too sure what kind he is though. I'm guessing its a A. tuberosus as his coloration and markings closes resembles that, however it only has a tiny rod that resembles the Histiophryne bougainvilli.

BTW, I upgraded the tank to a 29 gallon frag tank and he is basically hidden all day. Would I have any problems adding an A. maculatus?

BTW, I upgraded the tank to a 29 gallon frag tank and he is basically hidden all day. Would I have any problems adding an A. maculatus?

Thanks for the vid post some pics of em if ya get a chance. I don't see why you couldn't add another keep em well fed and about the same size

I take it they are reef safe right? Very cool fish. Always wanted one but just thinking of getting live fish for it might get a little expensive.

They are reef safe, but may prey on shrimp.

They are really cool fish, and dont necessarily need to be fed live food. Many people have trained theirs to eat frozen silver sides.

Just got this guy yesterday. A little hectic at first, but finally settled down.

He is about 2"

A. maculatus

Sweet looking angler, but that is not an A. maculatus. Hope you didn't shell out the A. mac bucks for him.

Sweet looking angler, but that is not an A. maculatus. Hope you didn't shell out the A. mac bucks for him.

Is it a pictus?

I'm so confused right now. Liveaquaria listed it as a A. maculatus, says so on my bill also. However, the one I purchased looks exactly like the one that is currently on divers den:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...amp;ddid=127288

But that one is listed as a pictus..

This may come in handy for others if they do decide to purchase an angler. What would you say is a fair price range for an A. maculatus and an A. pictus?

Is it a pictus?

I'm so confused right now. Liveaquaria listed it as a A. maculatus, says so on my bill also. However, the one I purchased looks exactly like the one that is currently on divers den:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...amp;ddid=127288

But that one is listed as a pictus..

This may come in handy for others if they do decide to purchase an angler. What would you say is a fair price range for an A. maculatus and an A. pictus?

I'd say A. pictus, way too many spots for A. maculatus. If so it'll have a pom pom-like lure. A. maculatus have a definite shrimp-like lure. Price varies greatly depending on species and coloration. I'd say starting price for a normal A. pictus would be around $60 on up to $120+ for a brightly colored one. A. maculatus is almost always $120+ to $400 for "show size". I've noticed LA incorrectly labeling their anglers and even emailed them about it...no response. Anyhow, the lure is the positive ID, if it doesn't match up give 'em a call and see what they can do for you.

Archived