Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

anseK's RSM130D #1

anseK

Here are some pics of the early stages of the RSM 130D I have in my daughter's room. I am putting a second one in my son's room. Once both of these are up then Daddy will get his 60" 120 gal in the living room. After completing the fully cured LR and bacteria-in-a-bottle accelerated cycle, we wanted to start with a couple fish introduced over three weeks. Once I'm happy with my calcium, magnesium, alkalinity, and other coral specific levels where I want them I'll start introducing corals.

The Tank:

• Florida Aquacultured LR (30lb)
  • Tunze 9002 with InTank collection cup
  • InTank Media Basket with (Purigen and ChemiPure elite)
  • Apex Lite with lab pH & Conductivity probe
  • ATO with MJ1200
  • Kalkwasser dosing with Aqua Lifter

The Fish:

• ORA Orange Ocellaris
  • Black Ocellaris
  • Pacific Blue Tang (RIP 8/6/2011)
  • Flame Angel
  • McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
  • Blue Spotted Jawfish
  • Royal Gramma
  • ORA Manderin Goby (Future Purchase)

Coral:

• Pumping Xenia
  • Green Starburst Polyps
  • Green Mushrooms
  • Derasa Clam
  • Frogspawn
  • White Frogspawn
  • Mean Green Zoa
  • Purple Zoa
  • Pink Zoa
  • Sun Coral
  • Fiji Pipe Organ Coral
  • Hammer Coral (Future Purchase)
  • Finger Leather Coral (Future Purchase)
  • Red Goniopora (Future Purchase)
  • Red Mushrooms (Future Purchase)

I feel like I need another level on my aquascape but believe it might be too late to do so. Any thoughts on added additional fully cured LR at this point in the game?

Aquascape Shot

IMG_7783web.jpg

Flame Angel

IMG_7561.jpg

Blue Tang (R.I.P.)

IMG_7556.jpg

Derasa Clam

IMG_7752web.jpg

Blue Spotted Jawfish

6205511143_ec658cdbae_z.jpg

Tank Status

jessegarcia28

Nice rock, looks like theres alot of life in there.Tow 130d in the kids room, NIce!

Aquascape looks good but i think the rock might be a lil too close to the glass IMO. but overall great start.

jesse

Nice rock, looks like theres alot of life in there.Tow 130d in the kids room, NIce!

Aquascape looks good but i think the rock might be a lil too close to the glass IMO. but overall great start.

jesse

Saturday we go to the LFS tonpick up our first corals. I'm hoping for some pumping Xenia and GSP.

Looking good and I agree with jesse, get rocks off the glass. How long has the tank been setup? I'm not gonna mention anything about the tang, been there done that......:D

Looking good and I agree with jesse, get rocks off the glass. How long has the tank been setup? I'm not gonna mention anything about the tang, been there done that......:D

I reaquascaped to get the rock off the back glass and one side. I need to do some more adjustments to get the rock off the glass on the other side. The tanks has been up for one month.

Looking good. How is your stock filter doing?

From a stock filter perspective all the tweaks leveraging the media rack really helps things out. I'm not a fan of the pumps, poor positioning. I'm going to get a flare nozzle for on the output to get better flow.

I reaquascaped to get the rock off the back glass and one side. I need to do some more adjustments to get the rock off the glass on the other side. The tanks has been up for one month.

From a stock filter perspective all the tweaks leveraging the media rack really helps things out. I'm not a fan of the pumps, poor positioning. I'm going to get a flare nozzle for on the output to get better flow.

Here are some pix of my first corals

Xenia and GSP

c78eb70a.jpg

Green Mushroom

648e4458.jpg

My snails keep knocking over the mushrooms. I need to figure out a solution.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to move the aquarium due to mold in my daughters room (leak in the window) and they are going to tear out one wall and remove most of the wood floor. Obviously the aquarium can't be in there while all the repairs are happening. I also added my Apex Lite and ATO using an Aqua Lifter which IMHO is perfect for ATO in nanos. Lastly, there is a new addition, a Deresa Clam. Pics will be posted later.

• 1 month later...
Very cool jawfish. What makes you think he has BSJD?

He has what looks like hair on his head and he has a couple grayish patches on his side.

• 2 months later...

The last three days have been a terrible time. I lost my Flame Angel, Royal Gramma, and Blue Spotted Jawfish. The Flame was my fault, I didn't check the rock in which he was hiding. The other two died from the stress of moving the tank. We'll give it a couple weeks then start restocking.

Bummer about those fish, they were very cool. Are you gonna get the same combo?

I thinking about the same combo. The Royal Gramma is a lock. I love Flame Angels but I'm going to research a Lemon Peel Angel. I'm not sure I want to go through the loss of another Blue Spotted Jawfish. I feel you have a 25% chance of success.

Archived