Cultivated Reef

a Wisconsin Reef... my experiences in aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture
Hey, are you still propagating corals? I don't see any on your site. JW

Whatup! We currently have a lot of corals but at the moment we are not propagating them. We have been focused on finishing all the plumbing and building instead of fragging. Coral propagation takes a lot of time and we just haven't had enough of it lately. Our goal is to finish building projects very soon and focus on the livestock and aquaculture. We currently have another 400g of coral raceway tanks plumbed and ready to go but dry. We have the 120g Reef Savvy that's dry and also another 400g system that needs to be plumbed for corals. I wish I could just hire a team of people to get everything done but its just not possible at the moment. I really appreciate your interest though. Keep an eye out we might be selling some super rare colonies in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alpha Aquaculture
Kris! Great looking clowns! P.s. my pair is doing amazing by the way.

Thanks Tibbits! Glad to hear they are doing well! You got a Fancy Snow with the purple tail like the one above. Gorgeous and rare clownfish for sure!

• 4 weeks later...
Alpha Aquaculture

Check out this salt creep icicle. One of the biggest I've seen I just had to grab the camera.

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

This happened to be the first photo I took. The blue led from my Vitamix in the other room looks cool at the end of the icicle. I didn't plan for it.

IMG_3253.jpg

Gotta work on those leaks one of these days lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Alpha, first of all this hread is awesome. My dream is trying to breed some reef fishes and this time is slowly coming. I start searching some systems for breeding which i would like but i wasnt satisfied until I saw your breeding system. I almost had heart attack from happyness that i finnaly find construction which i like. I live in Prague near center in small flat 2+kk with couple of aquariums. I felt in love in reef aquariums 2 years ago and before I breed bettas one year which i enjoyed a lot. So i learn something, some fails, go little bigger from nano to 120g. So now im at stage of searching, and sorting things in my head. I wand to start slowly with wundermani and bangaii cardinalfish just to try rise something but still do my bussines correctly. I want wooden stand because i dont beleave salt and metal even with good paint. Construction is more robust but I can live with that. All must be simple, screwed with bolds and size of stand must be compact but easy for maintenance and demountable in case of buing my own flat. I have idea about 6-8 tanks for pairs say 10 gal, than 4 tanks for larval and juveniles 20 gal, and filtration on the bottom, other half of bottom stand separate and create some space for algae brine and rotifers. So everything compact on one place. What do you thing? So hope everything will go right and Ill finnaly breed something :-) Thanks again for perfect inspiration. Good luck.

There is my current system, its in czech but there is a lot of pictures.

http://reef.sk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4701

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey what's going on? When we gonna start seeing the alpha bred clowns? I am sure you got to have some breeding pairs, by now. Update some fish pics man. Hope everything is going good

Archived