Innovative Marine Aquariums

LIB-TECH's JBJ 28g LED

LIB-TECH

great thread. i'm actually getting ready to buy this tank. the advanced LED version. just doing more research. i heard that corals need metal halides light to grow. how well do these LEDs work? was wondering if you know anything about the jbj nano protein skimmer and why did opt for a different skimmer. also was wondering whats wrong with the included pump and that you had to go and buy the vortex pump. do we need a hang on back refugium?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an awesome build thread. i like your new set up LIB, the colors really pop. I need to do some more research on the Radion unit. I have the LED "professional" hood and my ballast is on the way out. I've tried looking everywhere and can't find a place that has them is stock. Definitely considering switching to another LED light. Have the PC hood on it but its just not the same. haha any body have a ballast for sale?

great thread. i'm actually getting ready to buy this tank. the advanced LED version. just doing more research. i heard that corals need metal halides light to grow. how well do these LEDs work? was wondering if you know anything about the jbj nano protein skimmer and why did opt for a different skimmer. also was wondering whats wrong with the included pump and that you had to go and buy the vortex pump. do we need a hang on back refugium?

I had issues with the stock LED's, I had to replace the 4 Blue LED's less than a month in (common issue on the older models), then eventually everything stopped working pretty much closing in on a year after owning it. That's when I decided to go for the Radion. My plan was always to keep SPS, so I opted for the biggest skimmer I could fit on the back. Not enough flow for SPS. I have chaeto growing in my media rack with 4 LED's off the back.

This is an awesome build thread. i like your new set up LIB, the colors really pop. I need to do some more research on the Radion unit. I have the LED "professional" hood and my ballast is on the way out. I've tried looking everywhere and can't find a place that has them is stock. Definitely considering switching to another LED light. Have the PC hood on it but its just not the same. haha any body have a ballast for sale?

Thanks! You honestly wont regret it, easy to use and a ton of customization.

I will get new pics in a bit, summer is always a busy time for me with several other hobbies, so the tank usually takes a backseat for a bit. I might have cranked my radion a bit to high and lost some color on the higher acros, have since lowered it and they have started to color up slowly. Live and learn! Growth is still 2x what it used to be though!

Archived