Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI ~ FTS PAGE 93

Euphyllia

Picked up a Tyree Lime in the Sky and a Pink and Gold paly frag at a new LFS. I went to another LFS and got a black clam with a red outline and white stripes. :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clam opened up right away. :happy:

qysljt.jpg

:o i want that acro!!

Are you sure? Because the lime part is slightly misleading. It's just a pretty green color and all the new growth is baby blue. :)

e71q3b.jpg

omgomgomg:bowdown:

wow. just wow.

And he was 36" or more under 20K halides. Now he's 18" under a 150w, so I'm expecting some coloring-up. I bet he'll look awesome when I change the bulb out for a 20K.

I cleaned some rubble out of the sandbed and reorganized things on the sand. It looks more elegant now. I'll have a new FTS up within a few days and I'll make an HD tank video in a few weeks. :)

Purple & green, green & purple.

a07wra.jpg

Electric orange capricorn

345zasm.jpg

See that little tinge of green on the birdsnest? BOP IMO. :lol:

2z5k3nk.jpg

Purple birdsnest! :o

15yylfn.jpg

Not a digitata... Not a sestosa... Not a spongodes... Montipora capitata? :huh: (medium-slow grower)

24o4kdt.jpg

Incredible Hulk acropora.

ogl6j9.jpg

nice pics. do sps require a cooler temp? my tank usually runs 78-80 depending on the time of day. maybe thats why i haven't had much luck with acros so far.

nice pics. do sps require a cooler temp? my tank usually runs 78-80 depending on the time of day. maybe thats why i haven't had much luck with acros so far.

SPS do well for me anywhere from 72-78F. I have the tank at 72F because I've noticed that I see more greens, blues and purples in my SPS at that temperature. I want to add a Blue Spot Jawfish soon and they are collected out of the Sea of Cortez, which has temperatures in the 60s most of the time. All of the acros I've kept are pretty forgiving. I haven't done much to upset them, but my alk swings rapidly and if I miss a day of dosing they don't open as big.

you order this stuff online or at a store?

I've had horrible experiences with buying online in the past. Everything in this tank was either from a store or from my local reef club.

Lookin' real good.

Thanks. Yours looks better IMO. I think I may switch the bulb to a Phoenix 14K like yours.

nice livestock. How are you going to get rid of the phosphates? i'm going to need to do that too.

Not sure if my problem is phosphates, nitrates or what. I do weekly (or even more often) water changes, I have my skimmer set to a wet skim, I run carbon for a few days more often than the directions say, I cut way back on food portion size and feed every other day and I plan to get some GFO. That's basically everything I know that I can do.

so where is that vid?

NEW HD TANK VIDEO...

I would like to apologize in advance for the inconvenience if you live in Germany. The video was blocked in that country for no apparent reason. Because of that, you cannot view it on phones. Thanks, Germany. <_<

Maybe it was because my last video said Scheiße... :mellow:

OMG that song is annoying

I can't decide what the next song should be... Britney Spears or Katy Perry? :rolleyes:

My psammacora was getting too much light and bleaching, so I moved him and he is all better now. Starting to grow upwards... Sorta. :lol:

Psammacora

fadfg5.jpg

I have a coral that needs an ID. I think it may be a chalice. I've never really liked LPS, except for the obvious one (username) and acans... and blastos. They're cool too. B)

No ID

ayn2ix.jpg

I don't believe I've shared my acan frag yet. I got it with two polyps a few months ago. Now it has 7. It's icy blue and pastel, and the feeding tentacles have been extended non-stop for two months now. This is my first acan. :lol:

Acan

5yx5r8.jpg

noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe I could go with Ke$ha! :happy:

But seriously, I think I'm going to go with Lady Gaga again. Is So Happy I Could Die okay? :lol:

chalice. also, i like that silver birdie B)

and nooooooo mooooooree gaga plz

It has no eyes though. :lol:

I like the silver birdie too. I don't think he likes the mate next to him though. :lol:

New FTS

30hn78k.jpg

Rearranged the sandbed. One of my clams has rearranged himself since then. :lol:

i still think it's a chalice...

Same. :lol:

Ordered a 150w 14000K Phoenix bulb and some other junk from Marine Depot yesterday. Will post pics when it arrives.

Archived