inTank Media Baskets

Zer0's Random Photography Thread

Zer0

I really love this phone, and when the lighting is perfect, it takes such really nice photos. I'm probably what you call less then an amateur at cameras and taking pictures, but I figure I have to start somewhere, and with something. This is actually the first digital camera I've ever owned, the camera I take all of my tank photos with belongs to my mom.

Here's a couple pictures that I took today.

img0017dq.jpg

img0018is.jpg

img0027byp.jpg

So from now on, I'll do my best to take some really nice pictures with the iPhone, and I'll try and capture some really cool events, etc..

Hope you guys enjoy!

Oh yeah, and anyone feel free to post up their iPhone pictures too!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a tad grainy, don't know why, but I thought it was a really cool picture with some depth to it. I think it got grainy because I had to spin the image.

img0058ev.jpg

is that the same cat?

Yeap. Same gray cat lol. He's a punk.

Heres some sky scapes i did with mine

4399496438_3ef795c493.jpg

4398729459_6aed18f515.jpg

WOW Hype! Now I'm anxious to wait for a day with clouds like those so I can take some pictures! The more and more I see all of these amazing shots taken with the iPhone 4G, the more and more I feel better about buying this phone. :)

The sky on that last picture is absolutely amazing. Honestly.

What do you mean? lol. In the first pic, his pupils are dilated because he was chasing a toy and getting all hyper, hence the wide eyes. And in the second pic he was about to fall asleep. Slim eyes, and slits for pupils because of the brightness of the sun.

or he was really high.. :D

Hahaha yeah, high on dat catnip.

A few more. :)

img0069yj.jpg

img0073am.jpg

img0077fk.jpg

And for this one, it was the only insect I could get close enough to take a picture without it flying away. Stupid fly.

img0081pt.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. :)

The sky on that last picture is absolutely amazing. Honestly.

Thanks man. Those are some good shots you took as well.

Thanks guys. :) Like I said before, I'll try and capture some nice things from now on. So stay tuned for more iPhone pictures. :P

Until I get a really nice camera that is. Might be getting an EOS Rebel T3 for Xmas, either that or a T2i or T1i. T3i is just too expensive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
7069511017_cbefdcdb68_c.jpg

Lights

I had a whole list of stuff I didn't like about this one, but decided to make it easier: it sucks. The composure is horrible, the exposure is off, and it looks like you sat on the shutter on accident instead of trying.

To improve though...

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was to try and get the shot from a angle you would never think about. This would have looked a lot better if you got up close and parallel to them, for instance.

Think "Are there any over-exposed white blobs?" and adjust if needed.

And finally, experiment like this. The best way to learn is do exactly what you did, and let others tear them apart to show you what works and what doesn't.

I had a whole list of stuff I didn't like about this one, but decided to make it easier: it sucks. The composure is horrible, the exposure is off, and it looks like you sat on the shutter on accident instead of trying.

To improve though...

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was to try and get the shot from a angle you would never think about. This would have looked a lot better if you got up close and parallel to them, for instance.

Think "Are there any over-exposed white blobs?" and adjust if needed.

And finally, experiment like this. The best way to learn is do exactly what you did, and let others tear them apart to show you what works and what doesn't.

To be honest, I have no idea about half the things you said. :P Sorry bro, I just got this camera today, never said I was instantly a pro lol. But thanks for the feedback. The "taking the shot from a angle you would never think about." part was actually the only thing I really took something from :3

Also, I was in a car, and rolling away from the pump, so I don't think I had much time to really do anything :D

Archived