Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Here I go!

moultonrock

moultonrock

ok, so I got some RO water from the store, coralife salt, a hydrometer and a powerhead. i have the tank obviously, and I'm going to use just the standard bulbs that came w/aquarium for the first little while of cycling until I get my PCs.

is this all I need for now?

if so, do I just add the salt and thats it?

I'd get a little stick-on tank thermometer so you can get an idea of the tank temp sans lights. Also, you'll most likely want more than one powerhead eventually; getting it now will let you find out how much heat they generate.

Yeah, you forgot to withdraw a few hundred dollars from your bank account for all the gotta-have-it corals and shiney lights and stuff.

moultonrock

oh yeah, i forgot to mention the thermometer... and the heater.

I have a 10g tank. I just ordered 2 36w PCs (a 10k & a blue) on the weekend so I should get them this week but then I'm going to build a hood. Probably about 2 or 3 weeks before I get them on the tank.

As it's a new tank without any critters in it yet, add the live rock all at once. You'll see higher ammonia etc. spikes, but you'll get it over and done with rather than dragging it out with smaller spikes.

Archived