ReefCleaners.org

March's 15g. Taking the tank down

Reef Casa

Which one? Under Waterloo or R20

R20

I cleaned up nicely :)

I regret not getting an open brain though I might go back

do you want me to PM you what he still has left to see if its still worth it for you?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R20

do you want me to PM you what he still has left to see if its still worth it for you?

how do you like those par38 I just bought 2 for my 20 l frag tank from ecoxotic

R20

Yeah that would be awesome thanks

how do you like those par38 I just bought 2 for my 20 l frag tank from ecoxotic

absolutely love them but i'm upgrading to a larger DIY setup from Rapid

Yeah that would be awesome thanks

PM sent

What did you buy at the 50% off deal!?

shrooms, zoas, blastos, favia, acans, ricordias muahahahaha I had a great time.

I'll post photos once everything starts opening up

Oh. My. God. This is epic. Sorry if this was already mentioned, but what color LEDs do you have? Some magenta in the bulbs? Beautiful. I love the openness and the two distinct pillars. Truly and inspiration. My tank looks like I just threw the rock in against the back wall (even though I actually spent hours trying to put the pieces together like a puzzle). My next tank is definitely going to be open like this.

:bowdown::wub:

Oh. My. God. This is epic. Sorry if this was already mentioned, but what color LEDs do you have? Some magenta in the bulbs? Beautiful. I love the openness and the two distinct pillars. Truly and inspiration. My tank looks like I just threw the rock in against the back wall (even though I actually spent hours trying to put the pieces together like a puzzle). My next tank is definitely going to be open like this.

:bowdown::wub:

Thanks Suba Ethan! Par 38 Rapid bulbs blue, royal blue, white and neutral white

I think this scape has inspired quite a few people I get a lot of people telling me they are going to do this on their next tank and I think the whole hobby is starting to move away from the rock wall idea. Rehype inspired me to go open when I was planning this tank you should see his setup

New Blastos

blastos1-1.jpg

My shroom collection

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Hello, I had 2 rapis led par 38's and one LED wholesaler par 38 over my 20L and they were 1 ft of off the water then I put my first sps in the tank at about 6 inches under the water. So my questions are should i acclimate sps to the light how long and should I raise my lights, Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Everything is opened up and looking good! Thanks for the coral.

happy to hear!

great doing business with you hope everything does well for you

Thanks for the frags! all open up nicely :)

ps I am in love with the tiny clam you have in your tank, where did you get yours? everytime I see one they are all the big ones...

Thanks for the frags! all open up nicely :)

ps I am in love with the tiny clam you have in your tank, where did you get yours? everytime I see one they are all the big ones...

hey victor

very nice little 6 gallon! Happy to hear they are doing well.

I got the clam at Reefraft in Mississauga for about $30 I usually dont see such small ones but I sometime you get lucky. If I see one I will let you know :)

Dude Marc your reef is amazing! I still have yet to get all the funds for my reef but your tank is definitely an inspiration. I actually changed my custom build to something similar to yours because i just love your scape and the dimensions of the tank. hopefully my tank wont be to pricey and i can make the order soon.

By the way how big of water changes do you do(number of gallons per change) and how often? I'm sure you said somewhere in your thread i just over looked it the second time around reading through it. haha

I like the direction this tank is going keep up the good work! Will be tagging along to see the progress

Thanks misky

where do you get all your corals?

Mostly from local reefers

I love trading pieces but I also go to LFS

Dude Marc your reef is amazing! I still have yet to get all the funds for my reef but your tank is definitely an inspiration. I actually changed my custom build to something similar to yours because i just love your scape and the dimensions of the tank. hopefully my tank wont be to pricey and i can make the order soon.

By the way how big of water changes do you do(number of gallons per change) and how often? I'm sure you said somewhere in your thread i just over looked it the second time around reading through it. haha

Thank Aqua I appreciate the sentiment - the tank cost me about $100 custom made - do not be cheap on the lights! this is the best I can give you when starting the setups go all out on the lights or you will feel the need to upgrade shortly after trust

I do %20 every sunday without fail

Is this the unit you just built?

Everything looks amazing March; I still can't believe how many pieces are on that one main rock. So cool!

thank J

yea I just finished it but I think its too small. its only 16'' and the tank is 32'' I'm not getting good coverage I shouldn't have been so cheap and just ordered the 24'' heat sink oh well...

thank J

yea I just finished it but I think its too small. its only 16'' and the tank is 32'' I'm not getting good coverage I shouldn't have been so cheap and just ordered the 24'' heat sink oh well...

Are those optics? What degree did you use? How high did you hang your light? Just saying because I'm getting great coverage with my light though my tank is a bit shorter at 28". What light are you running now?

Archived