Cultivated Reef

Pick a fish poll

Squared

Sixline wins  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Poll closed! But I don't want to delete it! You can vote but it won't mean anything.

• Sixline wrasse
    • Cherub angelfish
    • Royal gramma basslet
    • Bangaii cardinal
    • Lubbock's fairy wrasse

If the good people of NR would vote for the fish that YOU think is the most interesting out of these five, that would be much appreciated :)

What is this...the hardest decision to make poll?

Sixline -> adds a lot of character to a tank. Always moving.

Bangaii -> will undoubtedly be SOMEONE'S favorite fish ever...not your typical fish and I think every reef needs one...I love mine

Gramma -> very pretty but relatively boring IME...

Cherub -> similar colors to the gramma but way more personality. This is probably my number one choice due to that....but it depends on what else you have. If you don't need more movement..get the cardinal.

I'm not a reef wrasse man...my favorite is the pinkface.

hmmm well i think i need more movement in my tank.

but i also want to mix up the colors a bit. the cherub does seems like an awsome fish, but it has yellow and my blenny is yellow...but it's still nice to know what others think. maybe they can influence me.

Cherubs have a tendency to pick at coral. For that reason, I'd either go with a six line or a bangaii. If you need movement, then six line.

I need to find out what is so good about the cherub. They have a semi nice look but nothing that inspires me to get one. The same thing can be said about the six-line though. I never saw anything special about the six-line till I got it in my tank. Just got it to eat flatworms but it didn't take long for me to love this fish. I love everything about it.

yeah my sixline was cool but it died suddenly which makes me hesitant to get another...found it's body in the ac 70. and by the way the body could not fit through the tube...guessing it jumped there.

can a fish die of being in to small a container (like the ac 70)?

Grammas dont get enough credit, they are beautiful fish with amazing behavior and an appetite to match :D I love my gramma...but I have to admit he is a pig when it comes to dinner time, very amusing at the same time hehehe.

Flame angels are too expensive for me. I can find at about 30 bucks, then maybe. That's what I paid for my midas.

Do you think the cherub would become a bully in my tank? I would be mostly worried about my cardinal and goby.

The six line wrasse will probably be a bully unless added last.

The Angel could nip at things, especially clams.

Royal Gramma I have seen can be bullies.

I am not a cardinal fan, but some people love them. Be sure to get an aqua cultured one.

The Lubbock's might be a little big for a 29g.

Will you have clams? Are you prepared for maybe nipping?

For the Cherub^

Sixline are great, just be sure they are the last fish you add, they can be aggressive.

Archived