ReefCleaners.org

Mitch's 17.4g Reef

_Mitch_

deeply sorry about patrick. i'll keep him in my prayers and you keep your head up! everything will be alright and knowing he is in a better place now.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
deeply sorry about patrick. i'll keep him in my prayers and you keep your head up! everything will be alright and knowing he is in a better place now.

Thank you for your condolences.

Teehee I like his name :)

Me too!

Alright guys, I have the video uploading to YouTube right now. I'll post it as soon as it's ready! :D

really awesome video man. makes me like your reef even more(i didnt think that was possible lol)

really make me want a goby/shrimp pair.

Even though some people think of them a weed those pulsing xenias are so soothing to watch in your tank. The motion they add to the tank really make it feel like a living reef.

Very nice video, I can't ever get tired of watching pulsing xenias, maybe soon I will have some. Missed seeing Patrick in the video, looking good otherwise. Hope you're going well.

Thanks! I love the Xenia too - it's so mesmerizing. :happy:

really awesome video man. makes me like your reef even more(i didnt think that was possible lol)

really make me want a goby/shrimp pair.

Haha, thanks!

Even though some people think of them a weed those pulsing xenias are so soothing to watch in your tank. The motion they add to the tank really make it feel like a living reef.

Yup, it's usually the first coral people notice when they see my tank, and everyone loves it!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I was recently on vacation and I've been quite busy. I am still on the losing end of my battle with Chondria. I scrub the rocks each week to remove as much as possible but it always finds a way to grow back. Besides the Chondria issue, the tank is thriving and all of the fish and corals are as happy as can be. I will post some new pictures soon.

Take a xactor knife and cut it off and then take a lighter and burn it off then dip in fresh water and saltwater in separate cup and then u can put it back on the tank

Take a xactor knife and cut it off and then take a lighter and burn it off then dip in fresh water and saltwater in separate cup and then u can put it back on the tank

I might as well dip the rock in gasoline too!

• 3 weeks later...

awesome video :happy:

i've silently been stalking the thread since you first started lol and its looking incredible :)

just quietly. that video has convinced me. must have xenia in my tank.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates? Hope the tank is doing well buddy.

Check out my post below!

awesome video :happy:

i've silently been stalking the thread since you first started lol and its looking incredible :)

just quietly. that video has convinced me. must have xenia in my tank.

Thanks! I love Xenia and always will...

how's everything going buddy. we haven't seen you for a long time!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting often, I've been busy with other things.

Recently I put the entire 17.4g reef setup for sale on a local forum. I did this for two reasons. Firstly, I completely lost the battle against Chondria. This invasive Macro Algae completely took over the rock work and is covering almost all the corals and preventing them from growing and living healthfully. I remove as much as I can each week but it just seems to grow back stronger each time. I tried almost every method in the books to get rid of the stuff, but nothing worked for me. Down the road when I set up a new reef tank, maybe after college, I'm starting with dry rock. The hitch hikers that can come with live rock make this hobby a lot less enjoyable. Secondly, the maintenance is becoming too much of a nuisance for me and I always want to avoid doing it. I still do it, but it's getting annoying. Once you stop wanting to do maintenance, everything goes down hill. I'm not going to let that happen because I'm selling off the set up, though.

I know this is pretty sudden to say that I'm leaving the hobby but I certainly had a good time and will return when I can. I'm leaving for college at the end of the summer and probably won't have another reef tank until I graduate, but we'll see. Overall my experience was a very positive one and I'm glad I chose to delve into the reefing hobby. This forum and it's members are awesome and I thank you guys for all the help. :wub:

Archived