Cultivated Reef

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

That's great dude. :) Having quiet equipment is a big thing for me too as my tank is in my room. Glad it's working nicely for you.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks dude. Yeah I've already completed my scape :happy:

No pictures until it's in the water though. :ninja::P

I feel you. I think my scape will look a hell of a lot better wet... (That's what she said)

the stand and tank, and everything so far looks awesome man. flows really well together!

one question... where did you get the lenses for the CREEs? and are the lenses available for purchase separate from the LEDs?

the stand and tank, and everything so far looks awesome man. flows really well together!

one question... where did you get the lenses for the CREEs? and are the lenses available for purchase separate from the LEDs?

Thanks bud! Much appreciated! I'm glad you think it flows well together because that's what I'm really trying to go for! Nothing that sticks out.

As for the lenses, I purchased the RapidLED 24LED Kit with 12 Royal Blues and 12 Cool Whites. The kit only came with 12 lenses. Reason being, I don't think they make lenses for one of the types of LEDs I have. XP-G's or XPE's. I honestly have no clue which lens fits on which LED. I haven't tried it yet. All I did was test the LEDs to make sure they work. I probably won't even be using the lenses either. Hope that helps ya.

I feel you. I think my scape will look a hell of a lot better wet... (That's what she said)

lol, I totally agree with you bro. I still think your scape looks killer though. It will probably look 10x better under water. For sure.

!!!! :happydance: !!!!

Check it out guys! Sump came in, everything fits perfectly, including the skimmer, heater, and there's a lot of room in the skimmer/reactor chamber for at least 2 reactors I may want to use in the future. I love this sump. It's perfect. Really high quality.

Here's a couple shots:

p5290031.jpg

p5290034.jpg

p5290035.jpg

The bulb I have on the grow light is just a regular temporary bulb, I'm going to HD later to get a 6500k CF plant grow bulb.

I have to be somewhere at 8 so I can't start filling up the system yet, but I'll be back at 9 so as soon as I get back I'm getting to work and getting 'er wet! :lol:

Stay tuned folks!

Nice sump!

Thanks Kazooie!

OH Sh&% whatever you have to do at 8 isn't that important....seriously.

Hahaha I wish that were the case, but it isn't. :P

sweet!

Thanks eclipse!

Looks great man, perfect setup man.

is this from the same guy my sump is from?

Thanks alot Jonny! And yes sir, the sump you got from me comes from the guy who made this one for me. NewbieReefer. Great guy.

Thanks Mirage and Hype! Should have water and my scape in tonight/tomorrow ready to cycle. :)

Now I really can't wait to get my LEDs up and running.

Love the build man... Keep the updates coming. I could totally see myself upgrading to this and my current tank isn't even cycled, haha.

You are a great inspiration, I guess I'll wait out for my cube to come in. Working on the 90 will keep me busy while i wait.

You are a great inspiration, I guess I'll wait out for my cube to come in. Working on the 90 will keep me busy while i wait.

Thanks Mirage, that means a lot. :happy:

I'm glad you are going to wait then, because these cubes are awesome, and the only way it's get better, is if it's low-iron. ;) Besides, the wait shouldn't be too much longer according to MarineDepot reps.

very nice. :o I mean very nice ! where did you get a nice looking sump like that? custom job i take it?

Thank you Grimmpls! And yeap, completely custom from NewbieReefer here on N-R! I gave him the blueprint though. :P I wanted to take advantage of the 15x15 footprint so this time around I designed the sump so it would have a reactor/skimmer chamber then the fuge, and then the return section. This way I could preserve as much life as I could without it having to go through reactors and the skimmer. The water flows directly from the fuge in to the return section.

Well I'm sure it will definitely be worth it. I mean, their regular cubes are really nice, so I can only imagine the low-iron cubes will be even nicer.

Archived