Cultivated Reef

Zer0's 25G Trimless LED Cube

Zer0

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awww junk, following Zer0 from AA..

First post to say I'm following this, wb to the game man

Dude! What's up! Sorry i'm not really updating on AA.. that place is just too boring for me. :P lol, how'd you even find me!?

any updates on this? great start!

Yup! I've been slacking but i'll have a few pictures up today!

At first I thought the decoration branch in the background was in the tank. I thought, "I've seen planted tnks with branches hanging out of the top but this is a little much". :lol: Nice tank though! Even nicer piano, my wife would be really jealous!

Hahaha, to be honest, the whole sticks in the tank thing wasn't intentional at all. Yeah the piano is awesome. It's my dads but I love playing on it.

what is this?

What do you mean I don't even...

I think Zer0 might has already sell this setup again :haha:

Noway! :lol: I'm just gettin started wire! ;)

Don't worry all, I have many pictures to put up today! I promise!

Updates w/ pics! Yay!! :lol:

Here's the package contents from glass-holes, minus the bulkheads for the return and drain since they are installed on the tank.

p5140002.jpg

Here's the part that was most nerve racking of course, drilling the tank, which of course came out great. Crisis averted.

p5120001o.jpg

Here's the tank all taped up and ready to be painted:

p5150011z.jpg

So, while the paint was drying, I decided the cut out the eggcrate for my overflow box. Reason being, I messed up the overflow hole this time around, and the edge of the overflow box was not lined up with the lip of the tank, it was about 1/2" from the lip, so if I cut out teeth, the water line would have been even less then 1/2" from the lip, and we just can't have that, no sir. The eggcrate proved more crafty then I, and I had to figure out a way to cut it out without it shattering all over the place like it did so many times. Then I thought, soldering Iron! Cut through the wretched stuff like butter!

So, I had to buy all this:

p5150015.jpg

Just for this:

p5150003.jpg

:)

But it's alright, I guess I'll just have extra in case I need it for future projects, should they present themselves.

Oh ya, and here's mah cat... and mah toe.

p5150008z.jpg

'tis all for now, but you guys are lucky. Many things are happening today... so more pictures later tonight!!

Stay tuned. :happy:

Interesting; so how far from the rim will the waterline be? And the egg crate goes in the overflow box as a screen?

Interesting; so how far from the rim will the waterline be? And the egg crate goes in the overflow box as a screen?

1/2" actually. What happened was, the hole I cut made the box sit at a 1/2" below the lip, so I knew that if I cut out teeth, the water line would have been lower and that would have sucked. If I just threw eggcrate in the box and had the water drip over the box, the water line would have been at 1/2". Perfect.

So, I finished the tank, and now all that's left is plumbing this sonuva gun! I'm actually really impressed by the way it came out! I think it looks pretty nice. :happy:

A couple FTS's:

p5160003.jpg

p5160004a.jpg

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?

Just one question, Can you make me one?

Of course!! ;) I love building tanks. I'm a bit of a perfectionist if I do say so myself. Never satisfied until everything is perfect, and all lines are parallel and straight. :) I made this stand with a circular saw.. Which was a real PITA. If I just had access to a table saw, to make perfectly straight cuts, and wood that didn't come from Home Crapo, I think the stand would have been even nicer. Not praising myself or anything lol, just saying I have OCD when it comes to this stuff. And many workshops in school helped me perfect the building processes. :)

However, I will say that If I had the chance to redo only one thing on this stand, it would have been to put inside hinges. Would have looked much cleaner. But the outside hinges don't bother me to much. They are painted black like the stand so they don't really stick out at all.

Oh ya, and here's mah cat... and mah toe.

p5150008z.jpg

Okay... I know this is a site about reefing... but hell... that kitty is too cute! :wub: :wub: :wub::

doppelganger

I dunno about that... but I do know that pixelated color changing monkey's freak me out. Luckily there's none arou... Oh crap!

Hey thanks everyone! And thanks to all that subscribe! I will make sure I do my best to keep you all entertained!

:)

Haha, I was just surfing the member's aquariums and saw your thread. I had to see because the scape on the shallow and 10 was sick, not even to mention the old 25G.

Glad to see you have some real motivation on getting this one up!

And yes, AA is getting kind of ridiculous. Everyone's changed, not so fun at all.

Haha, I was just surfing the member's aquariums and saw your thread. I had to see because the scape on the shallow and 10 was sick, not even to mention the old 25G.

Glad to see you have some real motivation on getting this one up!

And yes, AA is getting kind of ridiculous. Everyone's changed, not so fun at all.

Hahaha thanks dude. Idk about the scapes in the other tanks, but I have to admit I really did love the scape in the 10G, and if it never sprang a leak, it would be up and running right now, and would probably be stocked. Even so, with that being said, I love this new scape even better, and I think it's my best one yet. It's still under wraps though :ninja:

Yeah, AA kind of became the site for old people, and really fugly tanks, with hardly any creativity. With the exception of a few of course. I still love the people over at AA, but like I said, it's just not my favorable type of environment.

Now I can update on the spot with this iPhone! lol. Turns out the overflow box makes the water level sit way too high. Going to be drilling holes instead of cutting out teeth. :)

Drilling holes in the bottom of the box to lower the amount of water skimmed over the top? If so, that will lower the power outage water level to the level of the drain bulkhead, but I doubt that would be an issue unless your sump can't handle more water. Do you have a picture of it with water?

Archived