Pod Your Reef

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

SouthFlorida_Tron
SouthFlorida_Tron if you mount it 12" high above the water line will it work? If not what do you suggest for LED lighting of this tank then that is dim-able and controllable.

They're rated for 36" but I'd center your high intensity corals.

Or think about 2 nano sols

Or if you got it, the radion $$

Edited by SouthFlorida_Tron
SouthFlorida_Tron
One Radio runs about $750 but will one cover 36"?

Two Nano Sol's would run $600, would that suffeciantly cover 36"?

Aqua illumination also has the new Pheonix in the works and that could possibly one up the radion.

Thanks South. Not to Hijack the thread lets get back to the CAD system.

Asureef:

Does your ATO and chiller sit in your stand?

What are the measurements on the stand that came with your 40g?

Whats the bump out measurement into the tank of the overflow?

Very nice tank, some fast questions. I want a very similar setup.

Does your ATO and chiller sit in your stand?

What are the measurements on the stand that came with your 40g?

Whats the bump out measurement into the tank of the overflow?

Do you think one AI SOL would light this tank being 36" long?

ATO in stand and chiller sits outside. Stand dimension are 35.5"L x 16"W x 30"H. Not sure on your question about the overflow, but it takes up 9"L x 4.75W" in the tank.

And, you will want 2x Al SOL to get a good coverage. I think even with the new Ecotech you will probably want 2x, I know I would.

SouthFlorida_Tron
ATO in stand and chiller sits outside. Stand dimension are 35.5"L x 16"W x 30"H. Not sure on your question about the overflow, but it takes up 9"L x 4.75W" in the tank.

And, you will want 2x Al SOL to get a good coverage. I think even with the new Ecotech you will probably want 2x, I know I would.

The more the merrier :)

very nice system! i like seeing people that are still into sps...the zoa and chalice fad is on its way out and sps is coming back again! anyways how much are you dosing in ml per 24 hours?

happy reefing!

very nice system! i like seeing people that are still into sps...the zoa and chalice fad is on its way out and sps is coming back again! anyways how much are you dosing in ml per 24 hours?

happy reefing!

Thanks and I'm not exactly sure how much I'm dosing. Right now, my doser is set to dose 12secs of alk. and 6secs of Cal. 12 times a day. I can increase/decrease the timing depending on the need of the tank.

Eddie told me that Asureef's 40g and tokendog's 50g were gettin' frisky at the factory.

He's got a 36g to ship me as a result.

:lol:

But seriously, thanks for inspiring me to go with CAD Lights.

Your tank and the way you're able to capture it really lent to my decision.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't done much to the tank or added anything new. Actually, I've been dealing with some weird plague which seem to only affect Acroporas for the last 2 months or so. Having to frag frags sucked. Hopefully the worst is over. For the past 2 weeks the acros seem to be recovering and coloring up nicely. Though, I still haven't narrowed down the problem. I ruled out several known causing issues, even had my tank water lab tested. I have a feeling it could possibly be the use of carbon, specially the BRS brand "ROX".

Mystic sunset monti
img7279cc.jpg

ORA bottlebrush
img7370cc.jpg

Edited by Asureef

Thanks guys!

Wow. Great setup. I love the under cabinet shot.

Hope you are liking the cadlights as much as I like mine.

Yeah, I like it, no regrets. Though, I have to say, I'm envious of your tank and the immense detail that went into placing everything together.

You should scrape some off the vortech into the tank and check your Mg & Ca, although I'm sure you've probably checked your params already.

I think my magnesium is a little low (1200ppm). Since I manual dose it, I have a hard time keeping it at the recommended level. I will likely purchase a 3-part dosing pump soon, cause I'm getting lazy. :happy:

Here's a little something you see everyday,

img7113cc.jpg