Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

On 5/6/2019 at 7:00 AM, DaveFason said:

Incredible. One of the best tank on NR. 🙌

-Dave

I appreciate the compliment. 

The tank is now 2yrs old and here's a new FTS. 

mWMCfr.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 6
pappadumplingz

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn how have i never seen this before. A-grade brother, looking like the GBR in there!

• Like 1

Did a late water change and noticed the tank is looking crazy from top down.  Took this with my iPhone and new coral view filter.  A bit unrealistic I would say, but it looks crazy! 😁

Btw, Happy memorial weekend!

• Like 6
  • Wow 4
  • 2 months later...

I've been wanting to do this for so long. Here's my frag tank I've setup in the basement. It's a used Cadlights versa 42g, got the tank and stand for steal.  It's been cycling for about 2wks now and I can't wait to start moving some frags over.  One of my buddies let me use one of his Radion gen3 pro over the tank and I'm quite impressed with the initial par numbers i'm getting.  

Ec7cCx.jpg

A little side action.  I ended up removing most of my monti. caps, they were taking up too much more.  

c0eG1o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Homewrecker update, about 5 months growth.

Can't believe this thing made it.  When it arrived, the water in the bag was around 65f.

8AO5uI.jpg

4FdUjT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 4
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought this was pretty cool, this SPS is able to push back a acan.  I thought for sure SPS would have no chance against a LPS.  

A8JLbU.jpg

The 2nd photo was taken a few weeks after, that LPS head has fully retracted.  😲

gGE0uw.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • 1 month later...

Straight up t5 daylight shot, 

xbzucU.jpg

I don't know whats been going on with my forest fire monti and pink lemonade.  Both have been looking a little faded.  My nitrates took a nosedive and have pretty much been sitting at 0ppm for the last few weeks.  I wonder if that had anything to do with the fading sps?  

• Like 3
  • Wow 4

Thanks guys!

Cherry bomb has been looking 🔥🔥

Honestly, It's really a piece that looks "blah" under daylight.  

This one here has been fragged multiple times this year.  

MMBHiv.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • 2 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, Asureef said:

xbzucU.jpg

15 minutes ago, Asureef said:

Unfortunately, I lost all of my acro’s.  I’ll go into details when I have time.  

ALL of that???  Super duper sorry to hear that man.   Or are you referring to your frag tank?

On 1/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, mitten_reef said:

ALL of that???  Super duper sorry to hear that man.   Or are you referring to your frag tank?

My SC orange passion is trying to hang on but 70% of the colony is already gone, all my acros died. 

Around the first week of December, I took a flight to Asia for a 5 week vacation.  A few months prior, I took some steps to safe guard my tank while I was away, which includes having 2 ATO  running on the tank incase one failed cause my tunze has done it in the past.  Besides having enough fish food in the auto feeder and having enough RO/DI made up for months, I thought the tank could survive solely having that in place. It was basically auto cruising the whole time I was around.   Anyways, I instructed my brother to come fill up the ATO  reservoir every few days and make sure it doesn't run dry.  I have cameras setup around my house as well, so I was checking up on the tank throughout my vacation and didn't noticed anything amiss besides having a ton of aglae on the glass.  No biggie, right?  

Well, I come home to find out all my acro's have RTN, both my tunze ato have failed, the skimmer was also overflowing, and all of the chaeto in the sump was dead.  My guess is, since the algae on the glass went wild and caused nutrients swing.  With corals getting less nutrients, they started to use less 2-part, which was still set to auto dose 100ML a day.  When I ran a test, my alk was around 18dkh and no3/po4 both coming out 0ppm.  The parameters swing was enough to kill all my acros, but wasn't enough to kill my zoas or monti's.  

This is my assumption....

Me and my gf visited Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.  It was an incredibly experience and I can't wait to do it again! 

My homewrecker was just starting to explode.  

5P1h5h.jpg

First day back

AL3XGP.jpg

xRi0jo.jpg

Dead PC Rainbow

4MXLls.jpg

More dead SPS

yPE9iy.jpg

l8yeMm.jpg

• Sad 1

beautiful travel pics. I can only guess the first one is from Thailand. I recall the “color-themed” temple was just started when I last visited about 10 years ago with the “white temple”.

Absolutely gut wrenching to see the tank aftermath. Hope the surviving corals bounce back. 

Bummer about the tank; such a great acro collection but they can be grown again.

Looks like you had a fabulous time in S/E Asia tho and travel is one of the best parts of a life well lived.