Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

Do the reagents come with free copepods now? 😂

What are your thoughts on the HC’s (other than this)? What Hanna’s checkers do you use? 

17 minutes ago, Kdrof said:

Do the reagents come with free copepods now? 😂

What are your thoughts on the HC’s (other than this)? What Hanna’s checkers do you use? 

I have the Hanna alk. and ULR phosphate checker.  I use Hanna alk most of the time, it’s been pretty consistent even with the particles. The testing results were identical to another bottle of reagents I have which seems free of contaminants.  

I haven’t tested for po4 in a while, as I’m not dealing with any algae problems atm.  The last time I checked, it was at 0ppb.  

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Berlibee said:

Hey, sent you a PM. 😉

Got it.. 👍

How about this Montipora stellata

Daylight

kFMixP.jpg

Blues only

BEp4m3.jpg

• Like 7

Took a few pics with the phone during a late water change, can't believe it's been up a year now. 

I also broke down the monti caps and redo them again for the 3rd time now, they grow so fast.  

oWjYz5.jpg

XV59at.jpg

• Like 5
On 6/18/2018 at 5:06 PM, Polarcollision said:

How reliable has your bubble magnus doser been?

It's been pretty good.  I'm still using the original one I bought a few years ago.  I replaced one of the motors because of rust, totally my fault though.  I bought a couple feet of tubing like 2 yrs ago, I don't remember where or what size.. Consider I change out the tubing's maybe 2-3 times a year, it's gonna last me a veryyyy long time.  

Right now, I'm dosing ESV alk/cal. at 40ml and mag. at 6ml daily.  

Last checked my parameters was,

Alk. 8.0dkh

Cal. 420ppm

Mag. 1350ppm

• Like 2
Polarcollision
51 minutes ago, Asureef said:

It's been pretty good.  I'm still using the original one I bought a few years ago.  I replaced one of the motors because of rust, totally my fault though.  I bought a couple feet of tubing like 2 yrs ago, I don't remember where or what size.. Consider I change out the tubing's maybe 2-3 times a year, it's gonna last me a veryyyy long time.  

Right now, I'm dosing ESV alk/cal. at 40ml and mag. at 6ml daily.  

Last checked my parameters was,

Alk. 8.0dkh

Cal. 420ppm

Mag. 1350ppm

Thanks for the speedy reply! I've been looking at doser options all day. My first triton water test shows that the fauna marin trace elements that get added with Alk and Ca are not enough so I'm switching to the red sea coral color ABCD line to see how it does. The colors on your coral are always so vivid, I've assumed you dose something other than the standard Alk/Ca/Mg?

46 minutes ago, Polarcollision said:

Thanks for the speedy reply! I've been looking at doser options all day. My first triton water test shows that the fauna marin trace elements that get added with Alk and Ca are not enough so I'm switching to the red sea coral color ABCD line to see how it does. The colors on your coral are always so vivid, I've assumed you dose something other than the standard Alk/Ca/Mg?

No trace elements. 

I've done a few ICP.  My first was with triton, which alerted me to my elevated tin.  Since then, I've done a couple with ATI, mainly because I wanted to monitor the progress on my tin levels and also I could get my ro/di tested as well.  

After a few months to get to 100% water change,

This was my results from April.   My tin was 40 prior. 

LRxXfA.jpg

MY1plb.jpg

DFQvKa.jpg

In attempt to knock down my tin levels.  I've done 2x treatments of Triton detox, 4x treatment with Panta Lith, and a bag of TLF metasorb.

After a few more water changes, I'd like to send in another sample to be tested soon, likely by the end of this month.  

• Like 1
Polarcollision
3 minutes ago, Asureef said:

No trace elements. 

I've done a few ICP.  My first was with triton, which alerted me to my elevated tin.  Since then, I've done a couple with ATI, mainly because I wanted to monitor the progress on my tin levels and also I could get my ro/di tested as well.  

After a few months to get to 100% water change,

This was my results from April.   

LRxXfA.jpg

MY1plb.jpg

DFQvKa.jpg

In attempt to knock down my tin levels.  I've done 2x treatments of Triton detox, 4x treatment with Panta Lith, and a bag of TLF metasorb.

After a few more water changes, I'd like to send in another sample to be tested soon, likely by the end of this month.  

Ah! Thank you again! You didn't even know I was trying to remember the name ofthe other water testing company. I'd like to try them out next. Wow, so your parameters are pretty spot on. So outside of your water quality being good, do you add anything like acropower, KZ, reef roids, etc?

8 hours ago, Polarcollision said:

Ah! Thank you again! You didn't even know I was trying to remember the name ofthe other water testing company. I'd like to try them out next. Wow, so your parameters are pretty spot on. So outside of your water quality being good, do you add anything like acropower, KZ, reef roids, etc?

Maybe once a week I mix up some Red Sea energy with reef roids and dump it in the tank.  I haven't been doing that lately though.  I’m having a small diatom bloom on my sand right now, I’m guessing from over feeding.  I have my auto feeder set to feed 3x and I feed frozen when I’m home, like a lot of it.   

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope you guys are enjoying the holiday!

Here's a few new ones.

V9ZuRZ.jpg

T78x7m.jpg

mA8MU2.jpg

sLrKmi.jpg

EwZxLg.jpg

z2lDAG.jpg

xbSUHB.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
On 7/6/2018 at 9:00 AM, Kdrof said:

Red Planet is easily one of my all time favorites! Nice shots. 

What camera and gear do you use to shoot?

Thanks! 

I'm using a Sony a6500 with their 50mm macro lens.  I've been using a DIY porthole for my top down shots.  I'm thinking I need to invest in a legit one.  Mine does get some glare/haze the further away the subject, you can see it in the first SSC shot below, there's a slight glare.  

vOcab6.jpg

OAk5yC.jpg

JPrIKy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
14 hours ago, Kdrof said:

Cool! Do you use any type of orange filter or do you just set your white balance and are good to go?

Yes, I do use a orange lens filter.  It actually took me 3x purchases to find the right one.  😁

The first 2 was too orange.  The 3rd one was just right, similar to that found on the aquaclip filter.  If anyone’s interested, the color you’re looking for is 85A.  These lens filters are relatively inexpensive.  

If your camera lens came with a stock lens cap, you can determine the lens size you need by checking under the lens cap.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, trinhjames@att.net said:

hello i was wondering what the name of the zoa in the third photo and how much did you pay for it.

WWC Halle Barry 

I do sell frags $10-15 

01Q9hc.jpg

• Like 1
On 7/17/2018 at 9:50 AM, Cannedfish said:

You pictures are amazing! Hell, you tank is too. I need to get a macro lens!

Yeah, a macro lens helps and thanks!

rLnUQ6.jpg

I spotted this maricultured piece at my LFS and it looked like it had some potential.  I asked for a 1" frag, the owner cut me a nice chunk for $30.  

Here it is about 3-4wks later in the tank.  I'm starting to dose no3/po4, since apparently my levels bottomed out.  So, I'm getting some diatom, but that's okay.  ☺️

HtMKKC.jpg

And, the newest addition to my tenuis collection "TGC Cherry Bomb".

6F9tVG.jpg

• Like 1