ReefCleaners.org

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

• 1 month later...

So, I finally got fed up with my stupid ATI lights not being able to keep time and purchased a back up battery for it.  Turns out, I can use this to run the whole system for a few mins or just the return for over an hour.  Also, I set Apex to drop me a alert whenever the power goes out on one of the outlets.   

Hju5QZ.jpg

A few new coral pics...

X6uKTr.jpg

Gi2aAo.jpg

cG6ayp.jpg

qKeMsK.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 3
  • 2 weeks later...
mitten_reef
13 hours ago, Asureef said:

Check out my orange passion 

I think this video seals the deal for me...this will be on my next frag swap shopping list - which is good, I'll have almost a full year to convince my wife once she knew the going price, 🤣.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

I think this video seals the deal for me...this will be on my next frag swap shopping list - which is good, I'll have almost a full year to convince my wife once she knew the going price, 🤣.

I’ve been selling my cuts for about $80

You can’t tel, but I’ve fragged it about 12 times already this year.  It heals really quick for me.

• Like 2

Wow, the colors are spectacular and all the corals looks so healthy!  Curious what aspect of your setup and/or maintenance you attribute to the polyp extension on all your sps?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Zuma said:

Wow, the colors are spectacular and all the corals looks so healthy!  Curious what aspect of your setup and/or maintenance you attribute to the poly extension on all your sps?

Honestly, I don't know. 😀

I just give them what they want clean water, stable parameters, good flow, and good light.  But most of all, I think the tank is really mature since the rock has been live for a couple of years now.  

15 hours ago, tiomm said:

This tank contains some serious awesomeness! Can you share a photo dump of your ATI schedule? And what bulb combo do you use?

I think this is it, I don't really change it much.  I'm using 2x Blue+, Coral+, and Purple+.

NAeEZz.jpg

JF Beach Bum

QxpPo9.jpg

Sorry about the video quality though.  Seems to be a lot of compression since I edit and upload via mobile.  I really need to learn Premiere Pro.  

@DaveFason can you recommend me a good setting for video to shoot in?  I know you're good at this stuff! 

• Like 4

Don't worry about pro unless you want to use it daily. I actually switched to Rush which is a simpler video editing. While it does not have every bell and whistle but does 90% of what everyone needs. 

Sorry if this is repeat or if you already know these things. 

4K - 1/50 shutter - custom WB - Don't be afraid of bumping your ISO 400-3200

1080 120frames - 1/240/250 shutter - custom WB - Don't be afraid of bumping your ISO 400-1600

1080 60frames - 1/120 shutter - custom WB - Don't be afraid of bumping your ISO 400-3200

I like to shoot reef videos f4-f8. 

Upload from a laptop/desktop if possible. When finishing the video make sure to upload the original file and not one made for iPhone/tablet/whatever. 

When shooting in 4K remember you will see more movement due to the lower frame rate. STEADY hands. 

-D

P.S - Buy me a six pack and I will come shoot and film your tank. 😛

• Like 3

Oh man, some beautiful pics.  Video is iffy but good enough to see the coral.   My OP is just a little nub, but one of the reasons I finally bought a newer higher end acro is because people have grow this one out.  You never see larger pictures of some of the "new must haves".  

I use Vegas PRO 15 for video.  Not as good as Premier but then I don't have to pay every month for it.   PC (Windows) required.

We have the same UPS.  I have mine set to run some key pumps when the power fails.  About 1.5 hours of backup power.  Our last big power failure I had to break out the generator to keep things alive.  

You know what would really help is a video of you trimming the tank.  :D  You have more acros than I do in a smaller tank because of trimming and placement skills. 

• Like 3
Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, markalot said:

You know what would really help is a video of you trimming the tank.  😄

Yes this! omgomgomg 

I have to be careful coming into @Asureef's aquarium journal, my keyboard isn't waterproof and it always seems to get drool on it 😛

• Like 1
On 3/22/2019 at 9:54 AM, markalot said:

Oh man, some beautiful pics.  Video is iffy but good enough to see the coral.   My OP is just a little nub, but one of the reasons I finally bought a newer higher end acro is because people have grow this one out.  You never see larger pictures of some of the "new must haves".  

I use Vegas PRO 15 for video.  Not as good as Premier but then I don't have to pay every month for it.   PC (Windows) required.

We have the same UPS.  I have mine set to run some key pumps when the power fails.  About 1.5 hours of backup power.  Our last big power failure I had to break out the generator to keep things alive.  

You know what would really help is a video of you trimming the tank.  😄 You have more acros than I do in a smaller tank because of trimming and placement skills. 

I trim regularly.  Next tank, I might just do no monti’s at all except for a few.  

I really regret adding this tubbs Stellata.

78B27FE3-D8AD-4A8A-8D7C-4B91B39CDA3B.thumb.jpeg.d01bd839a90cd5a7027dc6e71f82ffce.jpeg

D3808F7C-78C2-477F-9FBE-094770F6D7A7.thumb.jpeg.4c6900263a41f5ce7655c1d18e6c6001.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My sunset monti has been getting out of hand.  It was just getting too close to some of my acros.  I decided to just pull it out before it starts doing more damage, the part that has encrusted on the rock was a pain to remove.  My recommendation for anyone keeping this coral or any encrusting monti is to keep it isolated and in check regularly.  Even though I started mines on the sand bed and fragging it regularly, it still got out of control.  

gHbsWF.jpg

fsuf0L.jpg

TCIPoI.jpg

7iqXfe.jpg