Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

31 minutes ago, specore said:

No!  What happened?

Our power went out for about 12hrs.  I’m guessing my battery backup for my ecotech failed at some point.  Crazy how all the anthias died while everyone else made it.  

• Sad 3
5 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Sorry to hear about. We were 4 hours without power, but each tank was with battery powered air stone all that time.

Yeah I did not use air stones.  I know everything would’ve been fine if the vortechs had provided circulation.

I'm pleased with how the tank is coming along so far, everything is doing great!  I can't believe the tank is a little over a year old now.  I need to throw in a new FTS soon!!

A side pic of the tank at around 7PM, my fav. viewing hour, as the LEDs only blues are on and t5 at 10%..  

wOaF7P.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
Christopher Marks

Sorry to see the anthias didn't make it through the storm @Asureef 😞

1 hour ago, Asureef said:

I'm pleased with how the tank is coming along so far, everything is doing great!  I can't believe the tank is a little over a year old now.  I need to throw in a new FTS soon!!

A side pic of the tank at around 7PM, my fav. viewing hour, as the LEDs only blues are on and t5 at 10%..  

wOaF7P.jpg

What an epic view! 😲

Congrats on the first year, it's really spectacular, I can't wait to see the FTS! You should be very proud 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2018 at 9:44 AM, Asureef said:

If anyone’s interested, the color you’re looking for is 85A.  These lens filters are relatively inexpensive.  

I really like the shallow/low reef aquascape you've created and the combination of corals and colors is stunning.

I'm looking to get a orange filter for my Nikon and it looks like the 85A is the ticket as you mentioned; any chance you could provide a link to the one you purchased?

Thanx!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 12:30 AM, Reeferadicto13 said:

Beautiful tank!

do u still have the lenardi wrasse?

Thanks. 

Yes I do, he’s getting big!!

On 10/22/2018 at 1:55 PM, shawnriv said:

What type of cover do you have on the top of your tank?

Hmm.. I think it was made by artfully acrylic.. 🤔

On 11/26/2018 at 1:50 AM, Zuma said:

I really like the shallow/low reef aquascape you've created and the combination of corals and colors is stunning.

I'm looking to get a orange filter for my Nikon and it looks like the 85A is the ticket as you mentioned; any chance you could provide a link to the one you purchased?

Thanx!

Yes, I use the 85a filter.  Just search 85a filter for your size lens.

• Like 1

Pink lemonade is probably one of my fav.  I have 3 frags in the tank.  :biggrin:

Cherry bomb needs to be moved soon! 

OhdbEH.jpg

My aquasd is really starting to explode! 

7SznKn.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Cherry Bomb moved, I have no room for it so it sits on the sandbed in the meantime until I figure something out.  

YgO7JX.jpg

Fragged 3 times now and still one of my fastest grower. 

SC Orange Passion

vhd76k.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
On 12/19/2018 at 6:01 PM, Mark_UK said:

Incredible tank! 

What do you do for phos and nitrate control please?

Thanks,

Mark

Nothing.  I haven’t tested my nutrients in a few months, only thing I test now is just alk every week.  

• 3 weeks later...