Do the reagents come with free copepods now? 😂

What are your thoughts on the HC’s (other than this)? What Hanna’s checkers do you use? 

17 minutes ago, Kdrof said:

Do the reagents come with free copepods now? 😂

What are your thoughts on the HC’s (other than this)? What Hanna’s checkers do you use? 

I have the Hanna alk. and ULR phosphate checker.  I use Hanna alk most of the time, it’s been pretty consistent even with the particles. The testing results were identical to another bottle of reagents I have which seems free of contaminants.  

I haven’t tested for po4 in a while, as I’m not dealing with any algae problems atm.  The last time I checked, it was at 0ppb.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Berlibee said:

Hey, sent you a PM. 😉

Got it.. 👍

How about this Montipora stellata

Daylight

kFMixP.jpg

Blues only

BEp4m3.jpg

• Like 3

Took a few pics with the phone during a late water change, can't believe it's been up a year now. 

I also broke down the monti caps and redo them again for the 3rd time now, they grow so fast.  

aeCmvl.jpg

ByXaQ4.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Polarcollision said:

How reliable has your bubble magnus doser been?

It's been pretty good.  I'm still using the original one I bought a few years ago.  I replaced one of the motors because of rust, totally my fault though.  I bought a couple feet of tubing like 2 yrs ago, I don't remember where or what size.. Consider I change out the tubing's maybe 2-3 times a year, it's gonna last me a veryyyy long time.  

Right now, I'm dosing ESV alk/cal. at 40ml and mag. at 6ml daily.  

Last checked my parameters was,

Alk. 8.0dkh

Cal. 420ppm

Mag. 1350ppm

• Like 1

Do you feed scolys?  

I have never fed mines, but he's always looking hungry at night.  

VOWKmd.jpg

7fWAqt.jpg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Asureef said:

It's been pretty good.  I'm still using the original one I bought a few years ago.  I replaced one of the motors because of rust, totally my fault though.  I bought a couple feet of tubing like 2 yrs ago, I don't remember where or what size.. Consider I change out the tubing's maybe 2-3 times a year, it's gonna last me a veryyyy long time.  

Right now, I'm dosing ESV alk/cal. at 40ml and mag. at 6ml daily.  

Last checked my parameters was,

Alk. 8.0dkh

Cal. 420ppm

Mag. 1350ppm

Thanks for the speedy reply! I've been looking at doser options all day. My first triton water test shows that the fauna marin trace elements that get added with Alk and Ca are not enough so I'm switching to the red sea coral color ABCD line to see how it does. The colors on your coral are always so vivid, I've assumed you dose something other than the standard Alk/Ca/Mg?

46 minutes ago, Polarcollision said:

Thanks for the speedy reply! I've been looking at doser options all day. My first triton water test shows that the fauna marin trace elements that get added with Alk and Ca are not enough so I'm switching to the red sea coral color ABCD line to see how it does. The colors on your coral are always so vivid, I've assumed you dose something other than the standard Alk/Ca/Mg?

No trace elements. 

I've done a few ICP.  My first was with triton, which alerted me to my elevated tin.  Since then, I've done a couple with ATI, mainly because I wanted to monitor the progress on my tin levels and also I could get my ro/di tested as well.  

After a few months to get to 100% water change,

This was my results from April.   My tin was 40 prior. 

LRxXfA.jpg

MY1plb.jpg

DFQvKa.jpg

In attempt to knock down my tin levels.  I've done 2x treatments of Triton detox, 4x treatment with Panta Lith, and a bag of TLF metasorb.

After a few more water changes, I'd like to send in another sample to be tested soon, likely by the end of this month.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asureef said:

No trace elements. 

I've done a few ICP.  My first was with triton, which alerted me to my elevated tin.  Since then, I've done a couple with ATI, mainly because I wanted to monitor the progress on my tin levels and also I could get my ro/di tested as well.  

After a few months to get to 100% water change,

This was my results from April.   

LRxXfA.jpg

MY1plb.jpg

DFQvKa.jpg

In attempt to knock down my tin levels.  I've done 2x treatments of Triton detox, 4x treatment with Panta Lith, and a bag of TLF metasorb.

After a few more water changes, I'd like to send in another sample to be tested soon, likely by the end of this month.  

Ah! Thank you again! You didn't even know I was trying to remember the name ofthe other water testing company. I'd like to try them out next. Wow, so your parameters are pretty spot on. So outside of your water quality being good, do you add anything like acropower, KZ, reef roids, etc?

8 hours ago, Polarcollision said:

Ah! Thank you again! You didn't even know I was trying to remember the name ofthe other water testing company. I'd like to try them out next. Wow, so your parameters are pretty spot on. So outside of your water quality being good, do you add anything like acropower, KZ, reef roids, etc?

Maybe once a week I mix up some Red Sea energy with reef roids and dump it in the tank.  I haven't been doing that lately though.  I’m having a small diatom bloom on my sand right now, I’m guessing from over feeding.  I have my auto feeder set to feed 3x and I feed frozen when I’m home, like a lot of it.   

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions