Top Shelf Aquatics

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

I have no idea how I missed this tank. Really nice setup you have here. I love all the amazing macro shots!

Ditto!

The colours are amazing. Needs another FTS, please?

Thanks everyone!

What is that beauty?

Pearlberry acropora

Yeah.. and 4 weeks and that thing grew that fast? Wth are you dosing in that tank? jeeze lol.

Nothing special just your regular A & B.

Well, actually it's coming up to five weeks. I acquired the valida frag at a swap on Aug. 20th.

regarding the red bugs...interceptor really worked great for me. Those guys spread pretty fast so all your smooth skin acros are going to be infected soon. I just dosed interceptor on my display twice and the problem was solved. Didn't even kill most of the pods and my mandarin survived..

if you're planning on getting one though I'd wait until after you dose interceptor and the pod population has totally recovered..

As I mentioned earlier, I don't have red bugs (knock on wood). The acro frag was treated when I still had my 28g. And, it was cleared of red bugs for at least two months before even being transferred into the new system. It was the only acro. I had at the time.

After losing the mystery wrasse, I noticed a huge increase in pods. They literally look like ants in the sand, that's all about to change in a few weeks. :scarry:

Looks good. I'll be watching this tank.

Thanks, your build is quite an inspiration

hey awesome setup. did the stand have that shelf already in?

Yes.

Got my very first order from Mr. Coral and I was pleasantly surprised. Everything arrived well packaged and no DOA. Well, except for one, I think it is a bubble gum mille, it was half bleached. All in all, I'm happy with the order and freebie!

img6416cc.jpg

img6423cc.jpg

This is the pack.

Edited by Asureef

I was wondering did you put a foam mat under your stand? I heard with rimless tanks a mat is required to take some stress for any variations in levelness from the stand/floor etc even if it is perfectly level.

Thanks guys!

Very nice tank! What kind of tubing came with tank for the overflow and return?

Both are vinyl.

I was wondering did you put a foam mat under your stand? I heard with rimless tanks a mat is required to take some stress for any variations in levelness from the stand/floor etc even if it is perfectly level.

No, I did not, that's the first I've heard of it. I just used those sheets of wood that was wrapped around the tank when shipped/ The tank isn't sitting on carpet, so I don't know if that makes any difference.

Great build so far! Very clean :) What bulb combo are you running in your fixture front to back?

Front

Aquablue

Blue plus

Blue plus

Purple plus

Blue plus

Aquablue

Back

Upgrading to a 36" fixture soon, since I've decided to go SPS dominant and will be switching the Aquablues for KZ new gen. I've seen this combo in person and I love it. :)

Edited by Asureef
Hows yhe quality of the Cad? I'm going to purchase the 39 gal Signature in a few months,is why I asked.Awsome tank btw.

The glass quality is quite nice, silicone job is excellent and very sturdy, unlike the oceanic Illuminati I once had. Though, one thing that's been annoying me lately is the overflow design, it's quite big. Without it, my fishes would be able to swim full circle around the tank and rock work. The overflow just takes up too much real estate, it's a bit late to do anything about it though. <_<

Asureef- wow nice set up / looks awesome !!! omgomgomg

Thanks, evo!

Time to show off the new guys currently in quarantine, a week and a half treatment with Paraguard and they are doing very well. Actually showed tons of improvement. I got both fish from my LFS for an awesome deal. I got the wrasse for $50 and the fathead for $30. ;) Though, there's a catch, the wrasse was half blind (cloudy eye) and his colors weren't as vibrant. The anthias could barely swim, he was placed in a tank with larger anthias and they tore him up, his fins were almost gone. But, they've made a complete turn around in a weeks time and look even better today. Should be ready to hit the display in another week or so..

img6455cc1.jpg

img6467cc.jpg

img6468cc.jpg

img6448cc.jpg