SaltCritters.com

Mangrove Island

Giga

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I ended up getting a 250W MH system because the LED's weren't going to cut the mustard for what I had planned for mangroves. The canopy spread of the mangroves would be to large and LED just are enough,well they might be but I would need a bunch more and I don't want to spend all that money.

I was looking forward to seeing what you were going to do with those awesome LEDs, but I think the MH will still look awesome!

Yeah me too but as the tanks coming together -and I'll have red,white, and black mangroves- the leds won't be enough-granted I will still have leds but not as the main source of light. I'm selling the led's for real cheap but if they don't sell I still might build something for them!

love the way that driftwood came out. can't wait to see this tank up and going.

Thank you, and I have a surprise coming in the mail and should be here today or tomorrow!

Are you going to do an LED build? I would love to see it with those monsters!

I will most likely but not right now

hey man if you want to get rid of some of those blue leds lmk your price i need 12.

I only have the two bridelux's

Who the hell cares about mangroves this much? It's not like they do anything for our environment.....

;)

Awesome build, I'm following!

Who the hell cares about mangroves this much? It's not like they do anything for our environment.....

;)

Awesome build, I'm following!

hey now...

;)

It's funny, most people have no idea how vital they are. I'm glad to see a growing trend of learning about them, keeping them, propagating them. I know I'd love to own a few someday.

So I got my special in the mail!

White mangroves

whitecz.jpg

My blacks are still growing despite being almost chewed to nothing by a squirrel

blackfp.jpg

Reds-little wilted do to shipping-should pick back up in a couple days

redme.jpg

Temporary grow station(70w MH and a spiral CF) till I can get my 250W MH set up

alltogether.jpg

also went walking on the beach today and found these guys-(wildlife adventures continues :lol: )

bluecrab.jpg

Size 10 male

horsecrab.jpg

Archived