Top Shelf Aquatics

UWWMatt's Random Pics

uwwmatt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic shots, what lens are you using for those?

100-400mm from exif.

Click picture, in the bottom of the flickr page click the ellipsis, then view exif. Everything is there.

How do you like the 70D?

I am torn between that (or a 7D) or going all in on a 6D. From my current T4i (yes upgrade bug bit hard and quick)

It is a huge upgrade from my xti. I had a 17-55 USM lens that would not work on a full frame so I wanted to stick with the APS-C. I've been waiting for almost two years for the 7d mark II but it never materialized so I figured I'd go for the 70D. The xti was giving me nothing but blurry images and frustration, I needed the updated autofocus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
qualitycontrol

I am looking at upgrading my XSi (450D) to the 70D. Wondering what good glass would be for it?

I do have a speedlite 430EX so now I need some nice lenses if I go that route. Did you buy it with any kit lenses?

I am looking at upgrading my XSi (450D) to the 70D. Wondering what good glass would be for it?

I do have a speedlite 430EX so now I need some nice lenses if I go that route. Did you buy it with any kit lenses?

You'll love the 70D

I did not buy the kit lens. I had the kit for my old Rebel xti but replaced it some time ago. The question of lenses is tough, because it depends on what you will mainly be shooting. I'm sure others will have their own opinion on this, but I think the best "kit lens" replacement for a APC canon is probably the 17-55. I've had it for about a year and really like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EF-S-17-55mm-Lens-Cameras/dp/B000EW8074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388417406&sr=8-1&keywords=canon+17-55

For distance I use the canon 100-400L

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-100-400mm-4-5-5-6L-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00007GQLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388417618&sr=8-1&keywords=canon+100-400l

Those are my two most used lenses.

qualitycontrol

Well I got quite a good deal. Up here in Canada Best Buy sells open box items at a 10% discount. Open box is verified to have everything work and it is nothing more than a return.

The 70D with 18-55 and 55-250 STM kit lenses was on sale from $1750 to $1350. Because it was open box it was discounted another 10%. $1215. The rep did not realize the 10% had been discounted and added an additional 10% discount so it came out to $1100 with the two kit lenses.

I picked up the Canon 40mm F2.8 and have really been enjoying this lens.

Archived