Cultivated Reef

SoCal's 60g Cube (Dismantled)

Arkayology

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i demand to see the progress ... :ninja:

I put the plumbing for the drain together. Need to get the flex line for the return and finish the standpipe for the drain. Nothing to look at tbh. Getting some pipe bent as well to hang my MH pendent and eventually my Radion :D I would say I am about 90% done.

I did buy a flame angel though! Couldn't wait until I had the 60 set up to get it as it was a great sale price. Almost bought a tomimi tang as well lol, but I didn't want the tang police after (I might sneak it in there and just wait to see if anyone notices lol)

Don't y'all worry now. I will post pics of the progress soon.

Went to the LFS and HD to get the last of the plumbing stuff today. Picked up this little thing:

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

It is called a "Maggie Muffler". There are some good reviews on other reefing sites. Basically, it is a "Hoffer Gurgle Buster" or a Stockman style standpipe attachment. It seems to work well and nobody else on NR has tested it, so I figured I would!

The only thing left to do before this thing gets wet is to bend the 1/2'' EMT pipe so I can hang my lights.

that maggie muffler looks cool, what did you finally decide to go with for a plumbing plan?

I decided to hard plumb the drain and soft plumb the return. It was a nightmare of a project because I really dislike DIY, but it has come together more or less lol.

Here are pics of the final build layout

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

This is what my rockwork layout

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

drip...drip...

FLOMAX

I like the way you did your stand. Having the dosing pumps and containers towards the front will be much less hassle than having it cramed all into the corners and behind the sump. So far so good! Scape needs to be in the tank to get a feel for it so no comment.

Im a dumbass for going with the swc120, sombody smack me.

Im a dumbass for going with the swc120, sombody smack me.

The 160 is a beast! It is dead silent. Best of all, it cleared up the water in no time. I love this thing so far.

was the drip drip referring to a leak or the tank getting filled up?

and I want to see the scape in that tank!!

is the tank noisy at all or does that maggie muffler do that job?

was the drip drip referring to a leak or the tank getting filled up?

and I want to see the scape in that tank!!

is the tank noisy at all or does that maggie muffler do that job?

The drip drip was the tank filling up lol. The only nosiy thing about the tank is the actual drain plumbing in the sump. The water falling makes a little noise. The maggie muffler makes the drain pipe dead silent; no noise what so ever! very impressed.

I wont have time to scape until Wednesday or Thursday, but I can post pics of the tank with a bunch of rocks in it. So far everything looks good. No fish in shock, nem is doing alright, and the SPS are not STN'ing... yet lol.

Saweet!

where did you get that muffler, I want to try it on my 20L when I get back

My LFS told me about them and stocks them. I read about it on RC and they have a website as well which I think you can purchase them from: http://maggiemuffler.com/ I will say that the basic idea for it has been done DIY style: http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/...nstruction.html

Basically the same thing. I just hate DIY. The maggie muffler is more ascetically pleasing.

Archived