Coral Vue Hydros

SoCal's 60g Cube (Dismantled)

Arkayology

Thanks. I think it should be enough. The new lenses may be needed though as the tank starts to fill out. I like your tank btw, nice rock work and coral choices.

Even though I have the 40 breeder sitting at home waiting for me, I can't stop thinking how incredibly awesome a custom tank would be. I am thinking 24x24x15 rimless...

I too get bit by that bug; I was thinking of pimping out a solana to keep it simple, but on the other hand a sump based skimmer performed much better for me than any HOB I have used.

I

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the 40b idea! That's what I thought of once you said you had to break down the 60, which is sad but better to do that than tempt fate!

Can't wait to see what you do with this new adventure :) Even if you did that custom, that would be slick too. Rimless is sexy.

• 4 weeks later...
I too get bit by that bug; I was thinking of pimping out a solana to keep it simple, but on the other hand a sump based skimmer performed much better for me than any HOB I have used.

I

Ya, I never liked my AquaC Remora as much as my SWC 160 or my RO INT 1000. I don't think I could go back to a HOB skimmer.

I like the 40b idea! That's what I thought of once you said you had to break down the 60, which is sad but better to do that than tempt fate!

Can't wait to see what you do with this new adventure :) Even if you did that custom, that would be slick too. Rimless is sexy.

I am going to try and keep it small-ish with this next build. The 60 cube was supposed to be my tank for the next 3 years but I'm afraid it is just too big. I want to keep the same footprint as I have some livestock left and a smaller footprint would just not do for my leopard wrasses.

I've found out that of all my fish, only my ornate leopard, yellow coris wrasse, goby have for sure made it. I am not sure about my flame angel right now. I for sure lost my possum wrasse, perc clown, melagris leopard wrasse, and mccoskers. :( Not sure about my clam, BTAs, or SPS right now, though I am sure that some did not survive the rescue move. I am back in the states in 6 days so I will find out soon after what the damage is.

I am very seriously considering ordering a 24x24x15 rimless. I think it would give me what I want with the added benefit of less water to deal with. I plan on either building my own stand out of 2x4s or finding a local welder to make a metal skeleton that I can then skin with some pine or birch ply. Things are going to be happening in a few weeks.

Good luck. Crossing my fingers for your fish and corals.

It sucks when you can't do anything about it and even when you do it still has issues. I certainly know all about that. I'm sure it will work out and that 24x24 rimless sounds nice. The drop in water weight should make a little bit more of difference in how well the stand will need to be made.

Good luck. Crossing my fingers for your fish and corals.

It sucks when you can't do anything about it and even when you do it still has issues. I certainly know all about that. I'm sure it will work out and that 24x24 rimless sounds nice. The drop in water weight should make a little bit more of difference in how well the stand will need to be made.

Thanks Steely. I really don't have a good space for making a stand nor the tools but I will make it myself if I can't find a local who can. I am looking forward to having the new tank set up though. I plan on replacing any frags/colonies that I lost and adding a couple more that I have wanted for awhile. The new Radion TIR lenses make it easier for me to place SPS now, especially with 9 inches less of water.

Good luck "Indy"on the new adventure! Once you land and put away the whip and 45 cal. I'm sure you'll jump right in again! I too am interested in the new lenses for the Radion.

Good luck "Indy"on the new adventure! Once you land and put away the whip and 45 cal. I'm sure you'll jump right in again! I too am interested in the new lenses for the Radion.

Indy... :lol: I haven't found any Nazis or crystal skulls down in Peru yet, but I am sure if I just start knocking things over I'll find the Holy Grail or something ;)

Much to the dislike of the fiance, I will have another tank ordered and set up in two or three weeks heh. From what I read, the new lenses are all that and a bag of chips. I am sure I'll get a set.

Yea, you need to get a new tank started. Seeing as your old 20H was awesome and we were 20H bros. Now I am turning my old 20H into an SPS heaven. Time for you to get back from diggin in the dirt and start building a new reef. Also you should sell me your cube. Too bad you live on the other side of the country Indy.

Also you should sell me your cube. Too bad you live on the other side of the country Indy.

I'll ship :lol: or do I smell a road trip?

Sorry to hear bout the fishes :/ It seems you always lose something in a move, for me it was my 3 year old leather and acans, all my oldest peices lol. I'm looking forward to seeing this new tank of yours, I just set up my 20L again as rimless in my apt, but i've been really thinking about getting a 33l....

My Subaru would look pretty hilarious with a 60 cube on the roof racks.

Hilarious, or totally awesome? :huh:

Way cool. :)

I have been meaning to change my screen name. I made it after having a few beers and thinking "hey, I should see if there are reef forums".

Sorry to hear bout the fishes :/ It seems you always lose something in a move, for me it was my 3 year old leather and acans, all my oldest peices lol. I'm looking forward to seeing this new tank of yours, I just set up my 20L again as rimless in my apt, but i've been really thinking about getting a 33l....

Go for the 33! Make sure it is shallow though. Shallow is the new cube.

How about hilariously awesome :D

The lady and I were just talking about an upgrade this week... I was actually looking at the Deep Blue rimless 60 cube they have at my LFS. I think 30x30x18 or a 36x24x18 peninsula style custom is what I will probably end up getting tho.

• 1 month later...

Archived