Cultivated Reef

SoCal's 60g Cube (Dismantled)

Arkayology

Here is a good overview of the SWC Cone 160

I will be taggin' along as well because I dream of the Solana 60XL!

And the second part:

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a good overview of the SWC Cone 160

I will be taggin' along as well because I dream of the Solana 60XL!

And the second part:

Thanks. I will check that out when I get a better internet connection

Can wait to see this up!

I can't wait to get back and start building the stand and the sump. I am still figuring out the plumbing though.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a used SWC 160 cone at a great price in like new condition. Nothing beats shopping for aquarium stuff while waiting for flights at the airport. I will be placing an order for the 40/40 marco rocks package for my rock and sand a week before I get back. I think the rock and the sand will suit my purposes well.

5 weeks until my triumphant return to my 60 cube build!

Are you ever in LA? I have a crap ton of rock left over from my build that I'd sell for cheap. I just don't want to ship it.

The gf and I go down to Long Beach and Santa Monica once in awhile. We might be taking a day trip down there when I get back in a few weeks. What kind of rock is it?

The gf and I go down to Long Beach and Santa Monica once in awhile. We might be taking a day trip down there when I get back in a few weeks. What kind of rock is it?

reef cleaners florida reef rock

reef cleaners florida reef rock

Thanks for the offer. But I went with marcorocks. I should stop by and see your tank the next time I am in LA though!

I ordered the 40/40 box from marcorocks with coarse sand and key largo dry rock. Very excited to try this out. I have read good things. I should be able to get a great scape going. I have been looking at cube scapes and I think I will be doing a tall pillar rock with plenty of room for SPS to branch off of.

I have been reading up on how to clean and "cook" the rocks with vinegar. Does anyone have and suggestions on how I should do this and what has worked for them in the past?

Marcorocks is the best. Their rocks just look incredible. Just wait until it's teaming with coralline and life, it's going to look badass. Extremely porous.

I also laughed at that anal thing.

And MedRed's reaction.

Marcorocks is the best. Their rocks just look incredible. Just wait until it's teaming with coralline and life, it's going to look badass. Extremely porous.

I also laughed at that anal thing.

And MedRed's reaction.

Ya, I can't wait to start playing around with the rocks to see what kind of scape I can create.

I just ordered x2 BRS 1.1ml/m dosers for my b-ionic 2-part. They were on sale for 20.00 off each, which is an amazing deal for these things. I can't wait to have them set up and have my dosing fully automated!

Sweet tank Socaldude!

A visio!!!! A few weeks ago I picked up my Visio tanks from Ventura. The teeth on your overflow box look just like mine, I love it. I like how the overflow box has glass supports inside.

So cool man, im following!

Sweet tank Socaldude!

A visio!!!! A few weeks ago I picked up my Visio tanks from Ventura. The teeth on your overflow box look just like mine, I love it. I like how the overflow box has glass supports inside.

So cool man, im following!

Thanks! I really like this Visio tank. Where did you get your tanks in Ventura? Xtreme Marine?

Nice! I'm gonna tag along

I used marco rocks in my latest build as well and I cooked the rocks in 50/50 vinegar/water for a whole day. It started bubbling like crazy but removed a lot of dust and sediments. Then rinsed with tap water, then R/O, then soaked them in R/O for a few more just to be sure.

Here's bluesbastion's thread. He cooks it with vinegar and he posted a video

Cooking Rocks

Nice! I'm gonna tag along

I used marco rocks in my latest build as well and I cooked the rocks in 50/50 vinegar/water for a whole day. It started bubbling like crazy but removed a lot of dust and sediments. Then rinsed with tap water, then R/O, then soaked them in R/O for a few more just to be sure.

Here's bluesbastion's thread. He cooks it with vinegar and he posted a video

Cooking Rocks

Thanks for the link. I think I will be doing something similar to what you and bluebastion did.

get this baby wet!

I know right? Less than three weeks until I get home and then the fun can start! In the mean time, I have been having fun buying parts online and having my gf pick them up at the post office or drag them inside from the doorstep :lol:

gf: why is this box so heavy? did you order bricks?

me: it is sand and rocks actually.

gf: why would someone send you sand and rocks?

me: because I paid them

gf: you paid for sand and rocks?

me: yup

gf: ...

Women.... :D

They just don't get it.

Women.... :D

lol :lol:

They just don't get it.

A diamond is a rock, too.... :happydance:

It's all about perspective.;)

that's pretty funny-my wife didn't understand at first untill I told her what it does

I know right?

• 2 weeks later...

I really wanted to hang onto my MH for another year or two but this new ecotech LED fixture may take the cake. One of these would look so sweet over this cube... The full spectrum ability of this fixture makes me think.. not to mention I could sync it with my vortech.

Maybe in a few months when others have tested it out (I am talking to you MedRed!)

Archived