Coral Vue Hydros

SoCal's 60g Cube (Dismantled)

Arkayology

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That really sucks... :(

Ya...

In other news, I was sitting on my couch doing work and my McCoskers flasher wrasse jumped out of the tank and hit me in the arm lol. I guess the male carpenter flasher was getting more and more aggressive towards it. I think I am just going to take it to the LFS to get some credit. After that whole "ordered two female mccoskers and received 1 male and 1 female carpenters flasher" snaffu, I am glad I found a solution to the problem.

Found the bipartus floating around.... really bummed about losing it.

Sorry to hear that SoCal. Such beautiful fish. Mine was doing well for a month, eating and everything. Then one morning I found it pressed up against one of the powerheads. Dunno what happened...

Is your tanked plumbed threw the back or bottom drilled?

I have a 1.5'' hole drilled in the bottom for the drain and a .5'' hole drilled in the bottom for the return.

Everything is looking pretty awesome socal. I really like that Garf purple bonsai. Very nice.

Thanks. Your tank is looking good as well.

saw a radion over a 60 cube at the lfs today, I was def feeling it. Also they had a AI unit, radion hands down.

Nice fixture man.

Thanks. I agree with you. The Radion gives it a less "flat" blue look imo.

My flame angel seems to like picking at my clam now... :angry: I knew this was a possibility, but I have had three angels and this is the first one that likes to pick.

Bummer about the lost/beat up/picking fish. Tank is looking good though! I am going to finish hanging my Radions tomorrow and hopefully my cycle will be done soon.

Bummer about the lost/beat up/picking fish. Tank is looking good though! I am going to finish hanging my Radions tomorrow and hopefully my cycle will be done soon.

I saw the plastic hanging thing you rigged up for your Radions. Very ingenious. You should put some live stuff in your tank though. This "waiting for cycle stuff" is taking forever... lol. Dump some Dr Tim's One and Only and your tank stocked!

Received my first online order of live stuff today. I received a frag of pink mille and pink poccilapora safe and sound. They are only an inch, but hey, I got time. I'll post pics when they look happier.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a biopellet reactor. After looking at reviews, I decided to try out the JNS alpha 1 reactor. I like the cyclone style of tumbling the pellets and members here and other sites are liking them. It should be here next week.

I think you will like the reactor a lot. It's very easy to adjust. It's a very small footprint. I almost wish I went a size bigger.

Your video of it sold me on it. Never heard of anyone getting clumping or anything with the JNS models.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

Here is a pic of the new frags (back left two frags are pink mille and pink pocci that are coloring up)

IMG_0730.jpg

I just looked in my B-Ionic bottle of Ca and noticed it was empty. Who knows how long it has been like that lol. This thing is sucking about 17ml of Ca 2-part and 9 Alk 2-part a day just to try and keep it at 9dkh and 410 Ca. The Ca is really hard to keep up though.

I went to Vegas last week and when I got back from the 4 day trip, I have bryopsis all over my old 20H rock and a couple patches on the new stuff. :angry: I beat this stuff down in the last tank, but knew that even though I couldn't see it it was there. I guess I will have to start the elevated Mg levels all over again... Biopellets arrive on Wednesday which should help in the long term :happydance:

Archived