Top Shelf Aquatics

cees's bc14 going to be broken down! pics of new job!

cees

squirrelieygrrrl

lol. ok so it is me. :lol:

sweet cant wait to see what you do with it! no suggestions here other than go with your gut. what ever appeals, take it and run with it! to the inth degree if at all possible.

hope your cleaner isnt as big of a jerk as mine has turned out to be. i swear im gonna make a tiny shrimp shish-kabob with him and serve him to my cat as an hors d'oeuvre

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol thats funny! I had good luck with cleaners.. And the whole follow your gut advice is the best advice I have had in a long time lol...

Dude we gotta pick you out some sick stuff from the store to throw in there. I'm really diggin your tank man. The scape came out awesome. I have a 14 gal biocube layin around I think it's going to become my gf's tank.

You can just use like a knife and just make a scratch lol I knw its ghetto but I'll work

Lol, thats true! Why didnt i think of that... Work must be frying my brain!!

You can just use like a knife and just make a scratch lol I knw its ghetto but I'll work

I keep mine pretty high. I just use the output elbow from the return as a guide. I just aim for an half inch below where the green tube and elbow meet.

I fill mine to the very top of the widow on the side of the tank. Just enough so that I can't see the water line though the window. As the water evaporates, I can see the water level through the window. I then top it off so I can no longer see the water level through the window.

Are you using a ato?

nope. I've got a gallon jug of RODI I keep in the closet of the same room. The amount of evaporation varies day to day. I try to check it every other day and add what I need when I need it.

If I leave town for a week or so, I ask someone to stop by every 3 days to top off and feed.

That's cool. Am gana have to start keeping a closer eye on this I've been leaving my feeding door open to keep the heat dwn works good enough! I also got a green light on a rkl!! I love my gf! Lol

ok so big update. i was just going to pick up a clearner shrimp and some snails from someone on craigs, we met up a lfs i would always go to and still do at times its kinda far, anywho am good friends with the owner and havent seen him in a wail i was looking around and found a ywg and candy stripped pistol pair. he came up and told me i could have them for 40 bucks. i said sure ill take them. i got that and the shrimp... heres the pics....

2011-06-11145627.jpg

this is minero(miner in spanish) lol gf named them

2011-06-11145656.jpg

this is henry lol

2011-06-11145717.jpg

2011-06-11145751.jpg

2011-06-11150017.jpg

fts

2011-06-11153149.jpg

so as soon as i them in minero went to the right and henry took off to the left.. minero made his burrow right away and its right in the front on the tank

2011-06-11153201.jpg

henry still hasent seen minero

2011-06-11153312.jpg

thats all for now! comments if you wish ppl!

Yay! I'm jealous ...cant wait to get my CUC and stuff! I broke the water direct for the intank basket... woops...gotta order another :X

Hey Cees,

your tank is off to great start and looks really cool B) . I just started my own bc about 7 weeks ago.

im loving this hobby so far lol!!

lol thanks scuba.

nsousa. yea this hobby is insanely addicting instarted like 4 or 5 years ago and this in my 5th tank.

i am now on the hunt for corals need color now.

so am sitting here looking at my tank and thinking wat i want to do with lights.... either do 2 ecoxotics panoramas or take the hood off and do 2 par38s but if i do that i dnt want to take the rim off to risky. so wat do you guys think??

when i set up my bc14 im going to go with reefbrites. They make the perfect size to fit right in the hood under the stock splash guard. that is definitely another option

um let me try to find a link. I usually just get all my info on them from the store. we sell them. Thats sick man congrats. you gotta get the moonlight from digital aquatics. It replicates the actual moon patterns. on the nights when there is a full moon its brighter on other nights its dimmer. Its sweet!

Archived