Pod Your Reef

Got any oddball inverts for 24/7 lit fuge?

kgoldy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a guaranteed delivery time for USPS Express? I caught up on this thread last night. Essited to see the goodies! :lol:

Woohoo!! Just got the package- rushing home to get this guy in the tank. He's freakin sweet!!

...macros look AWESOME too. Much better than when I ordered off season. :happydance:

And my lost Foster and Smith order came in, so I can complete the HOB fuge. WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Woohoo!! Just got the package- rushing home to get this guy in the tank. He's freakin sweet!!

...macros look AWESOME too. Much better than when I ordered off season. :happydance:

And my lost Foster and Smith order came in, so I can complete the HOB fuge. WOOOHOOOOO!!!

I cant wait to see everything!

johnmaloney

have you seen this DIY HOB fuge he is talking about? lol...ridiculous it is the size of his tank you should check it out. :) GLad it arrived!

by the way you have another box coming with the barnacles, only your first box arrived. I have a barnacle cluster that was too nice but too heavy to ship with the livestock. I was worried it would damage the bags, it is a beast. Nice lookign though you will like it

Sweet. I was in such a fury to get all this stuff in the tank that I didn't even notice the barnacles were missing yet. Long day. First wet-floors experience. Then tripped my GFCI and couldn't figure out what got wet... Oi...

Anyway, a hair dryer and 8 bath towels later, the floors are dry and I got the monster running again.

Photos uploading to photobucket now.

Take your time shipping the barnacles, I'm overwhelmed as hell. Just found out as of next week I've gotta be on the road to 10 different states bringing my photobooths to the premiers of the movie "The Help"... Now I need a tank sitter that I can count on to babysit macros (in case they go sexual) and all the new frags I got. Oh man... :unsure:

P.S. Had I any idea the difference between ordering off-season and at the peak of the season... I most certainly would not have ordered doubles of everything. Haha. I dumped half my shipment into the BC29 I've been trying to break down and now have a beautiful planted tank.

have you seen this DIY HOB fuge he is talking about? lol...ridiculous it is the size of his tank you should check it out. :)

I have, its insane and I LOVE it. I really like the idea of visible fuges, and it looks like by the size of that one that it can not be missed.

Here's a few quick pics out of the 99 I just uploaded.

FedEx kicks the crap out of my F&S stuff-

ReefCleanersDay003.jpg

Looking at LED lit stuff through polarized glasses is waaaaay better than naked eyes. Hides the glare, lets colors really pop without being whited-out (or whatever you call it). I'll take pics of my tank when it clears up to compare with and without polarized lenses.

HOB fuge lighting-

ReefCleanersDay027.jpg

ReefCleanersDay028.jpg

ReefCleanersDay029.jpg

First USPS guy brought this-

ReefCleanersDay048.jpg

Express USPS guy brought this- (and the box looked way better than FedEx delivery)

ReefCleanersDay050.jpg

ReefCleanersDay082.jpg

Note to anyone considering using Walt Smith's Figi Mud. The stuff is actually MUD. Not like the overpriced "Miracle Mud" which is just dirty sand in a bottle. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of putting my oolite in before the mud, so now I'll have cloudy water for the rest of eternity.

ReefCleanersDay090.jpg

ReefCleanersDay091.jpg

ReefCleanersDay092.jpg

ReefCleanersDay093.jpg

Porcelain crabs apparently totally dig the cloudy water. They were feasting like mad. Maybe John starves them before he ships. :lol:

ReefCleanersDay094.jpg

Some grass

ReefCleanersDay095.jpg

FTS

ReefCleanersDay097.jpg

Mantis and tank vid. This is before I added sand/mud and had the flood... And while the fuge was still a frag tank.

th_ReefCleanersDay099.jpg

johnmaloney

looking good! Glad to see he made it. That little guy managed to get me on his way out when I had him in the net. I told you he didnt like me. It wasn't enough to break skin, but it is definitely noticeable, and surprising for such a small creature, it will give you a little startle if you get to close one day. Would keep some distance when it gets older though. Season definitely matters. I was thinking of getting a bulletin board to keep season notes on the site....like a fresh catch of the day sign.

Haven't seen him since I let him into the fuge. He's totally a feisty little fella, I hear him punching the crap out of something in there.

I installed my MP10 that was in the biocube in the bottom/display fuge to add some flow down there, I think the macros will do a lot better with some movement. Last time the gracillaria crashed on me, and I think the slow current was the reason why.

That purple gorgoinian is freakin gorgeous. Was that the only color you had? If so, it doesn't matter- I'll take the other two I ordered when you send out the barnacles.

By the way, have you seen the TED Talks on Mantis shrimp?

edit- Just realized I'm missing the Filter Feeder Formula and White Telesto. :o

johnmaloney

White telesto had to be refunded. that one I was out of, I overlooked it somehow. That and the laurencia and penny gorgs should have posted in a refund. Filter feeder formula is in box 2 with the barnacles. We would have to use a box larger than 16x16x16 otherwise, and those cant be machine handled...but they try anyway if you know what I mean.

Sorry about that it was the only gorg we had, there was a run on penny gorgs and I was down to that one. We had some others, but I forgot that we had a bunch of orders and the guys had them boxed up by the time it went out so I sent one that was 3 times the size. I may take a trip to the gorg fields later in the month, I can collect some frags from a large variety of gorgs then and hook you up.

edit - I think you are missing an email from me...did I only think I sent you an email? I fell a bit behind yesterday with the server going down.

Nope, didn't get an email yesterday.

Just lemme know when you hit up the gorg fields and I'll order again. That one you sent me is freakin beautiful. My crappy camera skills can't do it justice since I have a very bubbly fuge, but the contrast with the macros is sweet.

Edit- Little mantis is a brave little fellow. He just stares me down when I go near the tank. I'm going to try to train him to be hand-fed while he's still small. fingerscrossed

You think the mantis is big enough to pick off some of my CUC? - Florida Ceriths, Dwarf Ceriths, Nerites I got from my first order from you, and like 5 hitch hiker hermits I got in my last shipment.

Haven't seen the little dude in 24 hours, and I don't want him going hungry.

johnmaloney

I think I had issues with my backorder emails last week, carbonmantis and a another NR member had the same problem. Sure some other people missed the email, but they probably dont know they were supposed to have one. I saw the recent update, glad you got a chance to feed him. (Same mantis right?) I couldnt make it out form the picture. He didnt bother any snails when he was here, he did eat krill.

I think I had issues with my backorder emails last week, carbonmantis and a another NR member had the same problem. Sure some other people missed the email, but they probably dont know they were supposed to have one. I saw the recent update, glad you got a chance to feed him. (Same mantis right?) I couldnt make it out form the picture. He didnt bother any snails when he was here, he did eat krill.

Yup yup, same mantis. He's been digging holes in my rock every night (his day cycle) so even if I don't see him I know he's active. How often should I be throwing him a piece of krill?

Maybe you lost e-mails when your site went down for a day?

edit- Check your email. Missed something in the mail today that was marked "Reef" on the failed delivery notice.

Got the second package. One question.... Why are there bloody finger prints inside and outside the box? Hahaha. Looks like someone had a hell of a shipping day.

Archived