Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bonsai Reef Underwater, Breaking down!

d'Espresso

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full Tank Shot and Rockscape

This what you all have been waiting for...

FTS:September 2011

IMG_9852.jpg

After many hours of looking at others rock-scape, I’ve plan to design some base rocks for my new tank, then attach the old live-rocks using coral epoxy underwater in the new tank.

I've been looking around for aqua scape ideas, and I like the simplistic / minimalist approach so the aqua scape of my new tank will be nothing more than 3-5 columns. I have plan/layout on what type of rock to use and how it will be placed. I am trying to keep it minimal scape but it did not turn out the way it suppose to be but kind of look like a Bonsai tree instead. Here is a layout that I've come up with so far. Will try to have 2 islands and the top with be mostly SPS, on bottom will be Acans and Zoas.

IMG_9835.jpg

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9827.jpg

Working on scaping is the most fun and stressful part of this build. I think planning, drawing, layout, scaping outside the tank is just for practice but once dealing with corals that is inside the tank on the sandbed and trying to scape is not so fun at all but stressing that it is a challenge to get the perfect scape. So i recommended to anyone don't waste your time scape the rock outside but to scape it inside the tank with water. That is a challenge! It have took about 5-6 hours each other day changing the scape and re-scape the rocks to get it the way it is now.

IMG_9811.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

Conclusion: i am definitely satisfy with the scape and have layout all the corals where each should be, there are a couple more corals i am searching for so let's the journey of surviving and hunting begins!

Thank you all for waiting patience with this build. i hope you all enjoy as much as i am now, especially when the lights turn on blue LEDs, the whole tank just glowing with flying colors. I can not explain and i can not take picture under blue LEDs. You all just got to see it in person to know what i am talking about. I will try to post up picture each months and keep progress of how the tank is doing. Here are some more pictures to enjoy. First top section of the pictures is taken with all LEDs lights turn on and then just Daytime and Blue LEDs turn on.

IMG_9852.jpg

IMG_9855.jpg

IMG_9856.jpg

IMG_9858.jpg

IMG_9857.jpg

Looks really really good, but if you were to get some of those frags off the sand bed near the rock towers it will look even better. That way it'll look more like nature. This is just my opinion though just do what you like. :P Really like it-and goona look even better once it's grown in

:lol: Because your Tank was much better and sexy then mine.

BS D! Your aquascapes are top notch and your skill is definitely better than mine. Loving this tank!

Some more pictures and reef habits.. Enjoy!

FTS: September 2011

IMG_9809.jpg

My first paired- Skunk pygmy goby fish

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9849.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

IMG_9851.jpg

IMG_9789.jpg

looking great ! and lots of corals :)

i am having this problem for tiny small particles a floating around all over the tank, and with black background its just enhances them. since ur also using proflex was wondering weather you had this problem ?

You tank looks really clean now.

IMG_9806.jpg

:wub:

also where did you put the return? i read some reviews on the rio+, pretty good but a little noisy. is yours really noise or just a little...

....i think that is last question i have for you regarding the overflow stuff...

:wub:

also where did you put the return? i read some reviews on the rio+, pretty good but a little noisy. is yours really noise or just a little...

....i think that is last question i have for you regarding the overflow stuff...

it's not noisy, it's because i had a ball value attach to it so that i can slow down the return but after i installed the Tee pvc it made it all better and now i have more flow for my sump to move around in the first chamber of the proflex sump. :)

Archived