Cultivated Reef

CHUCK'S COLLEGE NANO REEF

chucktdbm321

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chucktdbm321

Yea very true, thats beauty of leds. I'm really hop switching out these leds is the last thing i have to do for this fixture because even though it is small these upgrades hear and there are really adding up lol

• 4 weeks later...
chucktdbm321

well the sixline jumped out... and now im def not getting another wrasse or jumper til i make a screen top. Scratched the idea of getting different leds and instead will probably retrofitting my leds into a t5 setup or something along the lines not really sure yet. I need to put some pics up cause my stunner chalice got bleached so bad that i thought it wouldn't come back has actually come back so pretty happy about that!

• 4 weeks later...
chucktdbm321

Well im thinking of going back to the 15 gallon but making it an aio tank here are some quick sketches of the the aio pieces what do you guys think??

aio2.png

This one has 4 chambers well basically the first one is split up so it will hold a media rack and a diy skimmer i also have plans for.

aio1.png

This is the same thing as the first one but the first section is not split up. I am wondering how flow will be with the first one. I need to also think what size maxi-jet. This will be by no means my main flow; i also made the return hole very low as it will go underneath my rock and get rid of the deadspots underneath the rock

Looks good man, glad to see you're goin somewhere with your tank. I still don't have the means of keeping a tank in my dorm....sigh haha. Oh well I'm getting an apartment next year so it should all be good. As far as your design, I've got two question: first of all are you sticking with barebottom? Because if your return is that low I don't see how you could keep any sand at all. And second, I'm not sure about the dimensions, but if that entire tank volume is only 15 gallons I don't see how you'd be able to fit a skimmer in that tiny compartment lol.

chucktdbm321

Yea hopefully you get your tank up next semester! And yea no sand in this tank either lol. but i will try to get some kind of return nozzle in case i wanted to add sand down the line. But the main reason I wanted it that low is because i could aim it down to keep all the detritus in suspension behind the rock work. And yea the small compartment is 3" by 3" and im thinking i'll make it 4x2. But the skimmer im making is going to be very compact and designed around those suspensions.

chucktdbm321

thanks have a big internship this summer along with bouncing on the weekends so i hope i get it done sooner or later lol. I should be able to put up some pics and more sketches soon since now im done with school and waiting for track to end.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived