Coral Vue Hydros

CHUCK'S COLLEGE NANO REEF

chucktdbm321

Will be putting up pics here shortly... I have the reefkeeper up and running besides the ato ( just got the airline tubing and will be up soon) and i picked up a sixline wrasse and the thing is tiny and already thinks hes a big boss and pigs out on pods all day

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aquarium looks sweet!

Now my question/ statement.

Chuck yoUr in college right? How do you have time for an aquarium???

I thought college was all about women beer and passing grades? "not necessarily in that order you know beer women grades might be more correct!"

Thats how i prioritized when I went to college!

Yea brian those rastas have been through some serious hell lol. I got them from a dude who had a colony for free since it was being devoured by astrenias then i grew them for awhile until i was cleaning and my magfloat grabbed them hard smushing all of the polyps! So i was left with some goop and what looked like to be one polyp and that happend twice in the same month. But now i have 3 polyps with two babies about to come. not sure exactly i think i've heard them called the mean greans? they grow real fast and under full actinic look awesome they have like yellows dots all over there skirts that only show up under full actinic.

Yea my tank gets absolutely no love in college i spend less than an hour a week on it... No bs there. Feed the fish twice a day less than a minute feed and dose the tank 3x a week less than a minute. I have an ato finally so i don't top off at all. Waterchanges tank less than 30 minutes all together. Cause all i do is throw the amount of salt needed for 2 gallons on wednesday in a bucket with a PH and heater then I blow out all the detrius with a baster the next and change the water. Sooo yea i don't do any fiddling with the tank at school nor really buy corals or anything. I just kinda brainstorm what i wanna do with the tank during breaks while im at school.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

went away for tgiving break and everything worked out well including the implused bought auto fish feeder from petco. glad my tank can survive without me for more than a week lol... really need to do an update still no time for it

I think i finally got the light setting on my led fixture to a tee. Really starting to get some nice grow on everything and the polyp extension is awesome. My sixline is super obese and all he does is wait at the surface of water sticking his mouth out snapping until flakes drop from the auto feeder or my hand. Super excited to take my tank home for break and fill it up with some more stuff and do some modifications here and there

not very high at all only 4 to 6 inches i'd say no optics, and dimmed down pretty well...

Well my fixture right now is like 4 inches thick and if it turns out right its gonna be less than 2" B)

Doing this by removing a lot of the fins to my heatsink since it is very thick and to me way too much for such a small amount of leds at 700ma. With removing the fins i'll be able to keep the pots and the fan within the heatsink itself. I'll have to put pics up to show you guys what im talking about.

Also im thinking of replacing 2 nw with xpe cw and 4 rb out with 2 cb and 2 violets.

So the one string would have 2 nw, 2cw, 2b, while the other one would have 4rb and 2 violets.

And I wanna redo my conduit arm this time def going with steel instead of pvc.

why the switching of leds? I haven't been keeping up with that led aesthetics thread, but was there some new development? Or are you just experimenting lol

Purely for ####s and giggs well sorta lol...

I really like the cw's because when compared to the nw they seem to be much brighter even when ran at the same milli amps, I've always had 420nm bulbs in my 4 bulb t5s and i love the look it gives red and pink corals so i'd like to try them. Which leads to the blues being there cause i don't want it to be too "actinicy"

Hey, I just read your last thread about the cw's and nw's. If I'm no mistaken they are this way just because the nw's are higher wavelength, but nw's are supposed to give you better growth, I think. I'm not 100% sure but I think thats right. Either way, good luck and everythings looking good so far! :)

Yea im pretty positive they have more par and all but growth isn't the issue lol i just want it a tad bit brighter its merely for asthetics

12 leds for a 2 gallon? You're nuts man. For my ten gallon i bleached so many corals even dimmed way down lol. BUT do what you want man i've subscribed to thread so im excited to see what you do

LOL nooo. I mean I'm debating what light to use for my tank and if it turns out well for you I might DIY a fixture with some purple in it too. Hahaha damn man I'm not that crazy...

Yea don't we all wish we had more lol, so many ideas with my tank but none have funding...

On a side note taking down the tank now and getting ready to move in the morning back home. Hopefully the coral that I put away in savings (several friends have pieces of coral from my tank before it went down hill) are growing well and i'll get some of them back. Wish me luck with the move!

Archived