inTank Media Baskets

CHUCK'S COLLEGE NANO REEF

chucktdbm321

lol so you finally got a legit ato?? damnit man now I'm the only one with a ghetto drip ato....

Yep lol sorry man I got the reefkeeper with the sl1 so a ato is only another 24.99 plus a pump so couldn't resist.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going to vegas this weekend for my 21st omgomgomg !!! Will be doing the usually stuff lol and hopefully checking out some of the aquariums and atm from Tanked!

going to vegas this weekend for my 21st omgomgomg !!! Will be doing the usually stuff lol and hopefully checking out some of the aquariums and atm from Tanked!

hahaha yeaaaaaaah buddy

didn't get to see tanked but basically did everything else and had a blast. Im hoping the rkl and other supplies come in tomorrow but we shall see

So i got the rkl, an aqualifter, and the float switch kit and it looks like i have to splice wires and what not :( was hoping it was more plug and play but seems pretty easy, I can't wait to get it all up and running though.

Aww that sucks...I hate splicing and soldering. Btw the day after I posted that ato comment, a tunze ato kit arrived in the mail which my dad apparently ordered. Lol it's pretty sweet.

@ brain nice buy... still haven't had the time do mine just yet :slap: just have been too busy lately.

Bought my first fish for this tank and its a yellow tailed damsel. My corals have really been begging for the fish poop.

Well that was short lived. Got the dumb fish from petco (big mistake) since there is not much around me and it was only a couple bucks. Put it in the tank and just hid in the rock work the whole time and then this morning it was stuck to the vortech. Not sure if the fish was sick from the start or if he never was use to flow or something. Petco's return policy is NO RETURN ON SALTWATER

Well that was short lived. Got the dumb fish from petco (big mistake) since there is not much around me and it was only a couple bucks. Put it in the tank and just hid in the rock work the whole time and then this morning it was stuck to the vortech. Not sure if the fish was sick from the start or if he never was use to flow or something. Petco's return policy is NO RETURN ON SALTWATER

Yeah... That's a huge bummer. What kind did you get? guessing a chromis or something?

yea a yellow tailed damsel lol. Nothing special i only got it for a nutrient source for the coral but still bummed cause i don't know the exact reason why it died could've been several things.

A blue-finned damsel I bought a few weeks died pretty shortly after I got it too. To this day I'm still not really sure why it died. And my dad has actually never been able to keep a regular damsel alive for some reason. He's kept plenty of other fish in his tanks, but for the damsels always end up being short lived. I thought damsels were supposed to be basically indestructible lol.

My roomate who doesn't really know a thing about saltwater brought up a very valid point lol. At petco there is basically no flow whatsoever besides a return thats maybe 200gph or less in like a jet. I wonder if the damsel got too close to vortech or saw a pod and just got stuck in there or whacked. Because i found him half way in the pump not just stuck to the side.

So with this ato im STILL not sure how to wire it... everything i've searched just says how to program it which i know how to do. I'd like to know what to do with the wires and what i need to splice/ connect or whatever. Theres a cable with two leads that plugs into the sl1 and then the float switch itself has two leads as well. My theory right now is that i have to splice one lead to the - of the pump and then one to the sl1 cable so that it cuts the circuit once the float reaches the top???? If anyone can help that would be great thanks!

Alright so i've been reading and here is what is confusing me... So for most floatswitchs you wire in one of the leads to the plug of your pump to break the circuit and what not. Hoewever, with the rkl do you need to do this? I feel it would be weird if you would have to seeing that the float switch is plugged into the sl1 and the pump is plug into the pc4. So wouldn't the rkl be able to tell that the float is up and it could turn off the pump? Or do i still need to splice into the pumps cable?

Alright so i've been reading and here is what is confusing me... So for most floatswitchs you wire in one of the leads to the plug of your pump to break the circuit and what not. Hoewever, with the rkl do you need to do this? I feel it would be weird if you would have to seeing that the float switch is plugged into the sl1 and the pump is plug into the pc4. So wouldn't the rkl be able to tell that the float is up and it could turn off the pump? Or do i still need to splice into the pumps cable?

Can you contact the people who you got it from? I couldn't figure out mine so i just had my uncle put it together, lol.

chucktdbm321

lol well the guys from my reef club were able to help me out so now i just need some time to program it and and put it all together.

lol well the guys from my reef club were able to help me out so now i just need some time to program it and and put it all together.

nice, glad you got it figured out!

chucktdbm321

played with the rkl all night and im really impressed with how easy it is to program and operate. Really wish i had permant residence though so i could mount all the modules and everything to the stand. For now its quite a mess. And of course i already want another pc 4 lol

chucktdbm321

still have four polyps and they haven't been doing awesome by any means like the other zoas lol. However, the one part of the frag broke off (4 polyps on an old sps branch) and fell underneath a rock and looked a lot better so im thinking they are just getting too much light. So i think i'll try to put them underneath a overhang or at least out of direct light

chucktdbm321

Yea i use that all the time for my powerstrips and my ecotech driver. The only thing is that it tends not to hold to well on the wall no matter what brand i use. The walls are painted cinderblock and it most be the humidity or some #### why nothing sticks to it.

Archived