SaltCritters.com

Mike's 29gal Biocube on full tilt

BowieReefer84

BowieReefer84

My current setup consists of the following:

DRY

1. 29 gallon biocube.

2. Vortech MP10.

3. Rena smartheater in chamber #1 with floor removed.

4. Stevie T mediarack in chamber #2 with purigen, chemipure, and filterfloss on top.

5. Tunze nano skimmer in chamber #2.

6. Stock return pump.

7. Tunze ATO with custom acrylic resevoir.

8. 2 BRS Doser pumps, dosing b-ionic.

9. 24 cree led's. 50/50 cw/rb. whites on a dimmer, blues on constant. (plug here for rapidled and their amazing service)

WET

1. O. Clown pair.

2. Sixline wrasse.

3. Yellow watchman.

4. blue green chromi.

5. Fire shrimp.

6. misc hermits and snails.

FOOD - Fed on different schedules based on how I feel at the time.

1. NLS Pellets.

2. PE Mysis.

3. Reef chili.

4. Freeze dried cyclopeeze.

5. Reef roids.

6. Kent coral accel.

PARAMETERS

1. Nitrate <5 (Salifert)

2. Alk 9 (Salifert)

3. Mag 1350 (Salifert)

4. Calc 460 (API)

5. Phosphate 0.104 (Hanna Phoshorus converted to phosphate) - I ordered some GFO to bring this down.

6. Nitrate 0

7. Ammonia 0

CORALS

1.frags :(

Pictures to follow shortly (including my stn acro frags).

Ask if you have any questions, and please add some feedback.

THANKS!

Mike

BowieReefer84
Nice set up! Any fts?

My tiny frags won't show up... BUT, I will post one sometime this week when I get a chance.

BowieReefer84
looks like a great setup!

How do you like those dosers?

I like them a lot. I ran them for 18 min to make sure they were calibrated, and they dosed exactly 20ml as expected. Right now I have them on digital timers, but will be switching them over to a DA Reefkeeper lite once it arrives in the mail.

The reviews on the pumps say it all.

BowieReefer84
could you show a fts pic of your tank?, thanks :D

Here ya go. One reg, and one actinic.

5731276655_cab3da11bc_b.jpg

P1010080 by mteske1, on Flickr

5731824060_3a79959441_b.jpg

P1010078 by mteske1, on Flickr

I like having the rock off the sides to be able to keep the glass clean. Also, the rock has more depth than I am able to show in my pictures, and it "fills" the tank better in person I think.

BowieReefer84

Just got my Reefkeeper Lite yesterday. I plan to put the doser's on two outlets for timers. The heater on an outlet in conjunction with the temp probe. Still deciding on the fourth outlet. Open to suggestions here???? Really can't decide.

Also, added 1/3 cup pellet GFO in a mesh sock in chamber #1. Want to get my phosphates down, and this seems to be the easiest way. I am going to check levels in one week.

Coastie5685

You got some serious cash vested into this tank man

Love the fact that it's pretty much all automated.

- my goal lol.

Nice work Mike

BowieReefer84
You got some serious cash vested into this tank man

Love the fact that it's pretty much all automated.

- my goal lol.

Nice work Mike

haha, yea I do. I like the automation a lot. Only need to feed and do a wc (when I do).

BowieReefer84
Nice setup. How are you likin gthe RKL?

I haven't hooked it up yet. It is confusing for me. I am attempting to work with Myreef 2.0, and need to sit down and do it. I think the product is fine, and it is my lack of understanding...

Thank you! I may have questions once I try again. It's under the bed right now, and I am at work...

NP.....its a little confusing at first but I love mine....great piece of equipment.

BowieReefer84
NP.....its a little confusing at first but I love mine....great piece of equipment.

Yea, I figured with all those 5 star reviews on BRS it is a nice product. I have read a lot of negative comments regarding the salinity probe, but I do not see why you need this. If you are topping off with fresh water, and you start at a constant salinity you are ok. If all it does is monitor it is useless to me. I want it to FIX the problem, not just tell me there is a problem...

tha custom resevoir is sooooooo pimp !!, i run tunze ato as well but have it in a storage bin inside the bc29 stand, holds about 3 gallons so lasts just under a week. where does your ato pour into? mie pours into chamber 2 ( where my fuge is)

BowieReefer84
tha custom resevoir is sooooooo pimp !!, i run tunze ato as well but have it in a storage bin inside the bc29 stand, holds about 3 gallons so lasts just under a week. where does your ato pour into? mie pours into chamber 2 ( where my fuge is)

Um, all the evaporation occurs in chamber 3 with the return pump... You need to top off level 3. How long have you had it set up that way?

Thanks for the compliments on the container. I like it a lot.

Archived