Pod Your Reef

The Arid Sea

nevermore1701

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermore1701

Well all my stuff just arrived, it's acclimating now. Sadly Reefcleaners was out of chaeto, which I was really looking forward to getting to help get the last of the GHA under control. Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for it to come back in stock. I may just order some from SeaLifeInc, as I don't feel like waiting.

Anyway, we'll see how everything does.

nevermore1701

F*** me running, I just got back from the store and COMPLETELY FORGOT GLUE!

AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGH!

Anyway, SeaLifeInc order:

The rics look really, really good! I'm very impressed. I ordered 3 different single mouthed specimens, and they sent me those, plus a really pretty 3 mouthed one free! The hairy stars both seemed fine, then retreated into the rocks. I assume they're nocturnal. The urchin has been moving around, I hope he does well, very cool little thing. The zoa frags look good too, one is on a frag plug and the other was basically loose polyps that I just scattered around my existing zoas for some extra color. The zoas were supposed to be five polyps each, and were more like 10-12 each.

Reefcleaners CuC:

The snails all look about like snails. A few extras, most of 'em seem fine. Got a few each Nassarius, Dwarf Ceriths, and small Nerites. The Fuzzy Chiton has moved a bit, seems ok. Same with the two Limpets. Even the four hermits are pretty cool, one is in a Cowrie shell, and the other three have kind of lemon-lime green legs.

F*** me running, I just got back from the store and COMPLETELY FORGOT GLUE!

:lol::slap:

Sorry! I find as I get older it helps to write a list of things I need to pick up when going to the store :)

Sounds like your orders were a success. My stars went straight into hiding when I first got them. They only come all the way out at night.

Post pictures when you can :)

nevermore1701
:lol::slap:

Sorry! I find as I get older it helps to write a list of things I need to pick up when going to the store :)

Sounds like your orders were a success. My stars went straight into hiding when I first got them. They only come all the way out at night.

Post pictures when you can :)

I need to do a water change tomorrow, I'll try to snap some pics after everything settles. And I shouldn't have to write stuff like that down, I'm only 26 for god's sake!

nevermore1701

Took some quick night shots, they're not great, but you get the gist of it.

Pin Cushion Urchin:

IMG_3160.JPG

Single Ricordea:

IMG_3163.JPG

Another single Ricordea:

IMG_3164.JPG

Triple Ricordea:

IMG_3165.JPG

Nano Red Bristle Starfish and triple Ric:

IMG_3159.JPG

Everything looks great!!!! And I don't see any signs of algae problems in your tank :)

Those starfish look so cool! Those are definitely a different variety from what I have. I like them!

In a few months, let me know if you grow tired of saving ceriths from your urchin :lol: I know I did!

nevermore1701
Everything looks great!!!! And I don't see any signs of algae problems in your tank :)

Those starfish look so cool! Those are definitely a different variety from what I have. I like them!

In a few months, let me know if you grow tired of saving ceriths from your urchin :lol: I know I did!

Thanks! I'm very happy so far. The stars are really cool, though I admit I'm tempted to get a couple of the ones you have too :P

You don't see any algae because I was picky with my shot angles and didn't include the two main spots where it's growing :lol:

As for the ceriths and urchin, RC sent me enough that the urchin can completely cover himself and I'll still have plenty to clean the tank :D

nevermore1701

I think I'm going to try a Royal Gramma next. Smallish, peaceful, colorful, reef safe. I've seen 'em at my LFS before, hopefully if I get one it'll fair better than the damn firefish did.

nevermore1701

Got some glue today, will try to get everything attached during my water change. Also need to rescue one of the rics from the urchin, who has been wearing it since last night <_<

Got some glue today, will try to get everything attached during my water change. Also need to rescue one of the rics from the urchin, who has been wearing it since last night <_<

:lol: See what I mean? I was actually kind of glad when my urchins "left" me. They are cool, but also a PITA :)

nevermore1701

The one right above the ric in the third pic? Yeah, that's one of the new hermits, he's very cool!

I could barely get the other ric off of the urchin, but everything's glued down now, so hopefully the little bastard will have to content himself with snails :lol:

nevermore1701

Oh, and while I was in the tank cleaning and gluing, the dang clown bit my finger! Scared the crap out of me! Not just a nip either, she hung on 'til I managed to shake her off!

Oh, and while I was in the tank cleaning and gluing, the dang clown bit my finger! Scared the crap out of me! Not just a nip either, she hung on 'til I managed to shake her off!

Oh geeze....I would have probably screamed :lol: Mine hasn't done anything like that yet!

Archived